1991 Nissan Pathfinder

Great long term value

by from Albany, CA on May 18, 2006

I bought this car new in 1991 and it has been very reliable (now at 145,000 miles). Great for skiing, backpacking, Chicago winters, Sierra trips, hauling stuff, carting around the kids and all the things you would expect of a good SUV. It does ride/handle a bit like a truck and is a little sparse on interior comforts and storage, but you could not ask for a better vehicle on all other fronts.

For the long haul

by from FORT WORTH, TX on May 12, 2006

i took on this car at about 80,000 miles and now at 310,000 its like almost better than some of my friends new cars. I can tear it apart in a cinch IF i had to not to complex to work on and easy to maintain. It does rattle and shake when alignment and balance is off. But what older car does not. Very little bad to say about his car and ive had afew and my father has had hundreds and loves it to bad he is not allowed to drive it!

Our Expert Review: 1991 Nissan Pathfinder