2005 Nissan Pathfinder

Great size

by from Columbus, Ohio on September 15, 2017

We've always owned a Nissan at one time or another between us, being a 2 car family. We just bought a used Nissan Pathfinder LE and so far we really like it. The 3rd row is basically essential when you have kids and ours not terribly difficult to get in and out of. We previously owned a Quest, so we like the size of this Pathfinder. Not as huge as the old Quest, but still comfortable.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

One of the best cars I have ever owned.

by from Sacramento, CA on August 9, 2017

this vehicle could hold my whole famiky of 6 and still park in a simi compact space, handles snow well and has a load of features. has plenty of oower and gets good gas milage.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great vehicle for the price!

by from Kissimmee, Fl on July 23, 2017

I have had a 2009 Nissan pathfinder for 4 years now. I enjoy driving it, and it is very reliable. The only thing I like better about other SUVs, is the "open" window views/ less blind spots. The interior could be bigger.

Would not purchase another pathfinder

by from Collinwood Tennessee on July 18, 2017

I own a 2005 pathfinder and a 2006 pathfinder and had to have a new transmission put in the 2006 last year and we bought a 2005 and the transmission had already got water in it when we purchased it so it's just sitting in the driveway because the transmissions for them is sure not cheap so I would never own another one !

Best Vehicle Owned

by from Huber Hts, OH on July 14, 2017

I love my Pathfinder (2005)! I bought it used in 2014. I needed a vehicle big enough for my family and the third row seating was perfect. I do wish there was more storage space when the seats are all up. I love the handling it has, being a larger vehicle. I wish I had leather bc of the kids... I haven't had any major issues with it and if a recall pops up it gets taken care of immediately. It has 172,000 and still going. I had an issue with the key fob and had to replace the keys. I bought a warranty for this so it didn't cost me anything. Great in the winter with the snow. I like the looks of the older Pathfinders as mine, not feeling the look of the new ones. I like the rugged SUV look the 05 has. The new ones look to crossover-ish.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Best body-on-frame SUV of it's era.

by on July 7, 2017

Perfect car if you want a reliable and go anywhere SUV. High ground clearance, part time 4 wheel drive with high and low range gives you the assurance that you can go anywhere.

Old Pathfinder better than New Ones!

by from Syosset, NY on May 30, 2017

This is the old style, which is rugged and gets thru blizzards & hurricanes. Driven cross-country and back w/o a hitch. We know people who bought new $$$$ cars who've been stuck in 2 ft snow! HAHAHAHA...
This is the old style, which is rugged and gets thru blizzards & hurricanes. Driven cross-country and back w/o a hitch. We know people who bought new $$$$ cars who've been stuck in 2 ft snow! HAHAHAHA!

12 years old and running strong

by from Danbury, CT on May 23, 2017

I have had a great run with my 2005 Pathfinder. It has 135,000 miles, is quite powerful (it will tow a rental skid steer), and is very reliable. So far, I have replaced the radiator once and the belt tensioner about three times. It also had a valve job and timing chain replacement at about 100,000 miles. Some of the paint is peeling, but otherwise looks good. Hope it will last three more years. Then, at 15 years old, it will have given me 11 years of good service after being paid-off.

Old Reliable

by from Los Angeles on May 20, 2017

Take care of them and they drive forever. Note that I am referring to the 4X4. Why even own it if it is only RWD?

2005 Nissan Pathfinder

by from Charleston, SC on April 14, 2017

Paint peeling from roof rack track area, entire windshield pillars, and edge of hood at 60,100 miles. Nissan corporate complaints had never heard of this before. They said paint warranty expired. Have seen other Pathfinders with same problem. Had always hand washed car with water hose. Now at 100,000 miles oil cooler leaking, ac lines to firewall broke off. I pray i don't face the transmission problems. Greedy, lying, cheating, dishonest corporations are making money off my misery!

Our Expert Review: 2005 Nissan Pathfinder