2014 Pathfinder Hybrid

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid

4.4

Have You Driven the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid?

Smooth Ride but mileage is not what Nissan claims

by lasic from Charlotte, NC on Mon May 05 2014

I purchased a Pathfinder SL Hybrid Front Wheel drive. Ride is smooth even over potholes. Braking is fine. Audio System (Bose) is excellent. Dashboard is clean and easy to operate. Seats are comfy...especially with memory settings. EPA Mileage rating is 25 MPG city and 28MPG highway. However, after driving for 1600 miles, I get only 21.7MPG city. Each time I turn the engine off, the display gives rating from 19miles to 33MPG dependin on how long you drive......but the average miles per gallon when I pump gas turns out to be 21.7. So, 25-MPG in city is apparently a false claim and Nissan might meant to say that we get the best mileage only when KEEP A/C, FAN, AUDIO SYSTEM, SEAT WARMER ARE ALL OFF but that is not the practical driving conditions we drive on. Rear visibility is very poor. No equalizer in Bose audio system. Visibilty around on the driver side mirror is bad. If u r short, u need raise the seat. Overall ride quality is great. But mileage is not what Nissan claims to be for a hybrid. There are several design flaws that Nissan needs to correct such as rear visibility, driver side visibility over the side mirrors. Turning radius is wide but probably because of 18-in wheel size and bigger size front side. Highway mileage is something yet to experience.

Very disappointed with mileage per gallon!

by Rus from San Francisco on Fri Nov 09 2018

So, disappointed in my hybrid! Bought Nissan pathfinder 2014 with very low mileage (19500). So basically almost new car. Nissan states the gas usage is 25/28 (city/freeway) I did a thorough test in the city and got 14 mpg, not even close to 25. And i did not use A/C often because it is rarely hot in San Francisco where I live. I was mostly driving in the outer richmond area of SF where it is not too busy. So I had good driving conditions, nothing extreme. I never raced. Never towed any other cars and still 14 mpg. On freeway I got 21 mpg which is still far from 28 promised by Nissan. No other things matter to me after I discovered such a deceive. I took the car to Nissan SF on Van Ness street and a guy started telling me that SF is a busy city and that he had seen other pathfinders producing even less miles - 12 or 9 mpg. Really? The fact he had seen worse mileage does not mean it is normal. They are currently doing a diagnostic on the car but I am sure they will find nothing. I will have to just pay $185 for the diagnostic. I will update this review after I hear from Nissan dealer... To be continued....

Does not recommend this car!!

We love our Pathfinder

by xgeoff from bothell, wa on Mon Jul 30 2018

So we do love our Pathfinder, but there are some caveats to be aware of. First off, on the positive, the car gets good gas mileage. We regularly get about 23MPG. What is weird is that the mileage for short trips around town is abysmal, typically about 12MPG. When combined with regular driving, including HWY, it bumps up to 23 for us. I think this is because the car is always running for short trips. It never seems to go to all-electric mode like a Prius does. But we are satisfied with the mileage. The interior is spacious, attractive and comfortable. However the climate controls can be funky. For example, in order for the folks in the rear seat to get air, you need to have the A/C on. The car drives beautifully, but for some reason the suspension is awful. The car doesn't take bumps well. So, there are some flaws in the car, but for us we love that we have an attractive, reliable, comfortable vehicle that gets good gas mileage. I would highly recommend the car.

Exceptional mileage, near perfect family vehicle

by Nettech from Florida on Fri Oct 24 2014

After having driven my Pathfinder hybrid for 2,400 miles, I think its safe to say its the best car that I've owned. Mileage is exceptional, provided you realize its a hybrid and drive it accordingly...I normally get 525-550 miles out of roughly 17.5 gallons of gas driving around town, thats well into the 30-32 MPG range, which is phenomenal for a 4,500 lb. vehicle. It is very comfortable and excellent in minimizing road noise. Handling is a little better then one might expect for a vehicle of this size, and overall ride dynamics are excellent. On the inside, there is plenty of room for a growing family and the dash layout is uncluttered and easy to understand. Only nitpicks are some cheap interior trim pieces and some poor rear sightlines due to narrow windows and 2nd row headrests (but hey, thats what the back-up camera is for). Overall, it really is a superb vehicle that delivers in all facets.

We love our Pathfinder Hybrid!

by bcozzi from washington, dc on Tue Nov 15 2016

My wife and I bought a 2014 Pathfinder Hybrid SV 4WD, in 2015 that was a dealer leftover. We got a steal on the car, and have loved every minute of it. When we bought the car, the dealer said that they stopped making them due to the fact that they were not getting their stated gas mileage. My wife and I drove from DC to Montreal Canada and calculated 29.4 MPG. Like all Hybrids, its all about how you drive the vehicle. We average around town 26MPG, but on the highway we normally get between 28-30 MPG. This is calculated and not by what the computer display states. The car has great pick up, love that it is supercharged. When you give it some gas, you can really hear the supercharger wind up. The ride is super comfy, great for log trips. We have fit 7 full size adults in it with room to spare. The 4WD system is great in the snow, and the pathfinder tows our boat trailer with ease. We couldn't be happier with our purchase.

Best In It's Class!

by Galaxy from Fort Worth, Tx on Tue Aug 15 2017

The most comfortable and economical car we have ever owned! It will fill all your needs on any vacation trip you make!

Great SUV

by BrittanyB from Los Angeles on Sun Jul 16 2017

I love the pathfinder and haven't had many issues recently, the car began shuddering when it is shifting so I looked it up and the cvt valve needs replaced. It is 3rd row seating which makes it easy to transport more people and still has trunk space.

Luxury, reliability and comfort!

by Andy from Bristol, CT on Sun Oct 22 2017

This suv is is abosulety beautiful both inside and out. It's large interior has plenty luxury with an amazing back up camera as well as leg and storage space. It's stylish exterior hides it's rugged capabilities. It's just an overall excellent choice!!

It was a very nice car to be in after a snow storm

by Philly LG from Philadelphia on Tue Mar 21 2017

This car I'm rating is not my car. It was an lyft driver. The car was a really nice one. It a good car.