2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid

Exceptional mileage, near perfect family vehicle

by from Florida on October 24, 2014

After having driven my Pathfinder hybrid for 2,400 miles, I think its safe to say its the best car that I've owned. Mileage is exceptional, provided you realize its a hybrid and drive it accordingly...I normally get 525-550 miles out of roughly 17.5 gallons of gas driving around town, thats well into the 30-32 MPG range, which is phenomenal for a 4,500 lb. vehicle. It is very comfortable and excellent in minimizing road noise. Handling is a little better then one might expect for a vehicle of this size, and overall ride dynamics are excellent. On the inside, there is plenty of room for a growing family and the dash layout is uncluttered and easy to understand. Only nitpicks are some cheap interior trim pieces and some poor rear sightlines due to narrow windows and 2nd row headrests (but hey, thats what the back-up camera is for). Overall, it really is a superb vehicle that delivers in all facets.

We love our Pathfinder Hybrid!

by from washington, dc on November 15, 2016

My wife and I bought a 2014 Pathfinder Hybrid SV 4WD, in 2015 that was a dealer leftover. We got a steal on the car, and have loved every minute of it. When we bought the car, the dealer said that they stopped making them due to the fact that they were not getting their stated gas mileage. My wife and I drove from DC to Montreal Canada and calculated 29.4 MPG. Like all Hybrids, its all about how you drive the vehicle. We average around town 26MPG, but on the highway we normally get between 28-30 MPG. This is calculated and not by what the computer display states. The car has great pick up, love that it is supercharged. When you give it some gas, you can really hear the supercharger wind up. The ride is super comfy, great for log trips. We have fit 7 full size adults in it with room to spare. The 4WD system is great in the snow, and the pathfinder tows our boat trailer with ease. We couldn't be happier with our purchase.

Smooth Ride but mileage is not what Nissan claims

by from Charlotte, NC on May 5, 2014

I purchased a Pathfinder SL Hybrid Front Wheel drive. Ride is smooth even over potholes. Braking is fine. Audio System (Bose) is excellent. Dashboard is clean and easy to operate. Seats are comfy...especially with memory settings. EPA Mileage rating is 25 MPG city and 28MPG highway. However, after driving for 1600 miles, I get only 21.7MPG city. Each time I turn the engine off, the display gives rating from 19miles to 33MPG dependin on how long you drive......but the average miles per gallon when I pump gas turns out to be 21.7. So, 25-MPG in city is apparently a false claim and Nissan might meant to say that we get the best mileage only when KEEP A/C, FAN, AUDIO SYSTEM, SEAT WARMER ARE ALL OFF but that is not the practical driving conditions we drive on. Rear visibility is very poor. No equalizer in Bose audio system. Visibilty around on the driver side mirror is bad. If u r short, u need raise the seat. Overall ride quality is great. But mileage is not what Nissan claims to be for a hybrid. There are several design flaws that Nissan needs to correct such as rear visibility, driver side visibility over the side mirrors. Turning radius is wide but probably because of 18-in wheel size and bigger size front side. Highway mileage is something yet to experience.

It was a very nice car to be in after a snow storm

by from Philadelphia on March 21, 2017

This car I'm rating is not my car. It was an lyft driver. The car was a really nice one. It a good car.

Great SUV

by from Los Angeles on July 16, 2017

I love the pathfinder and haven't had many issues recently, the car began shuddering when it is shifting so I looked it up and the cvt valve needs replaced. It is 3rd row seating which makes it easy to transport more people and still has trunk space.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Best In It's Class!

by from Fort Worth, Tx on August 15, 2017

The most comfortable and economical car we have ever owned! It will fill all your needs on any vacation trip you make!

Uses car for Havingfun