1997 Nissan Pickup Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 8 reviews

2011 Nissan Frontier

by from Merritt Island, Florida on July 15, 2011

This 2011Frontier is the 5th Nissan I've owned. They run forever, they handle great and the best part is they are relieable. I LOVE NISSAN!

Best Truck on the Road

by from Dallas, TX on August 16, 2012

I have a 97 Nissan Pickup with 253,000 miles on it. It is unbelievable . I have fixed nothing major on this truck and I bought it with 10,500 miles on it. It just keeps on running.

best 4 cyl truck nissan ever made

by from phx az on March 19, 2009

I have owned 3 nissan pickups. Every one was great. I could haul and pull anything i hooked up to it

Its Sitting In My Driveway

by from Lansing, KS on August 24, 2008

truthfully you guys its a good truck ive had mine for about a year and a half and the only thing ive done to it is a tune up. i love it!

231000 miles

by from Auburn, Maine on September 29, 2008

Bought the fleet model- no extras, nothing to break. 231000 miles, 29 mpg ,1 clutch,changed metal brake lines this year (Maine winters kill brake lines), 1 starter, 1 water pump, fixed the rust this year. Should be good for another 11 years.

very reliable vehicle!!

by from Phoenix AZ on September 27, 2007

I've had this truck for 11 years now (bought in 1996) and have NEVER had any major problem with it. Hit a few poles etc....still running and still looking pretty good in spite of it all! I've had people ASK me if I wanted to sell it and no, I did not. Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

Decent truck

by from on March 11, 2012

'97 4x2 with 88,000 miles on it. These trucks will run nearly forever. It's pretty basic - no frills. 2.4L 4-cyl is under-powered and with the automatic it's frustrating. Add to that it gets about 16 mpg combined city/hwy, it's a major disappointment for such a small truck and $4/gal gas. Luckily I only drive about 600 miles/month! It's not quiet. There are not a lot of choices for tires for this model with 14" wheels. If this truck had another 20hp and got another 8-10mpg, it would be a keeper. As is, it's just reliable, semi-cheap transportation.

Many repairs needed

by from Lawrence, KS on April 22, 2007

The water pump on this vehicle repeatedly fails. It is noisy on the road yet handles well. It delivers adequate power and handles loads in the bed well. It is stylish. Mechanically, the reliablility is poor. Otherwise it is a good vehicle.