NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Rogue

2016 Nissan Rogue

2016 Nissan Rogue

4.5

Have You Driven the 2016 Nissan Rogue?

Rogue after 1 year of ownership

by Carl on Cars from Florida on Thu Mar 02 2017

In January of 2016, I was fed up with my 2014 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4. It had chronic brake issues which included, but were not limited to pads rubbing w/out the pedal being pressed, a caliper falling loose etc. After moving back to FL, I no longer needed 4x4, & instead desired a more spacious cabin and better fuel efficiency. I had been researching crossovers & decided to get the base Rogue S FWD. The std equipment was fine with me, as I live in a rural area and have 3 dogs. I got a great deal on the vehicle, paid $19,879.00 + tax. 1 year and1 month later, I have put 38k trouble free miles on the car. Average MPH 30.5, highest attained is 38.3. What like- Interior space, ease of use, fuel economy, reliability, What I don't like/ Seats are pretty hard & the fabric has already loosened from the cushion on the passenger side. The small entertainment screen is easy to read, but is impossible to keep clean. The divide and hide storage. While the concept is great, it is not good for my dogs. When they are trying to get in, the movable floor panels pop up and have caused injury to one of my dogs. I have placed a piece of plywood and a rubber mat over to resolve the issue. All in all, the 2016 Rogue has been flawless mechanically, demonstrated great fuel economy for its size and mission. I have also been impressed with just how much I can carry in the back. Overall good value (if you can get it discounted like I did).

Looks Good, Drives OK, Visibility Poor

by lbelnc from Greensboro, NC on Fri Jul 14 2017

This is the first SUV I have owned, and I will admit to being swayed by Nissan's slick ad campaigns. The Rogue is stylish enough and priced well. Comfort is average--not great for the driver on long trips and definitely not comfortable as a passenger kicked back trying to snooze. But my major complaint is that the blind spots are completely unacceptable. The blind spot warnings have gotten a major workout--at least they do work. But I can find no way to improve the side-to-rear visibility. The up-sloped back end design that is so popular now (which, our friends riding in the back seat say they feel like they are towering over us in the front) adds absolutely nothing to the functionality of the vehicle. I fully intend to trade the Rogue in as soon as possible. The good points are just not good enough to make me want to keep it.

Best Car, Best Salesman

by Madwoman from Maryland on Thu Mar 31 2016

Sheehy Nissan of Glen Burnie Jerome - Best Salesman in the world! Just bought our 3rd car from Jerome. He was a big reason why we bought the cars. Great salesmanship. Will recommend him again. The car is great, too!

Good car, efficient, confortable, color perla is b

by Ivan from CALIFORNIA on Sun Jun 03 2018

This car gathers everything I need for me and my family, it is comfortable, stable, economical, spacious, I like its style and the pearl color is really beautiful

not good in cold weather

by stu from halifax nova scotia on Mon Mar 06 2017

got the 2016 rogue had for 3 weeks and at -8 the car will not start not very good in cold weather ,the breaks were depressing and car just keep turning over than after the second try it got flooded

Very disappointed

by GA Gran from Augusta, GA on Thu Mar 16 2017

After 6 GM cars, my family talked me into trying this Rogue. I liked it's appearance. Nissan Connect is a joke. I find take off from stop iffy. I am a senior citizen. Not out to gun it, but it does need to go. Vision out rear is poor. Worst is the routes/directions. OnStar spoiled me. I was handed this Rogue by the dealer with almost zero help in set up. Guess some features might work if I knew more, but I did return and got no additional help. Does not include program for garage and gate remotes. Who knew that happened in 2016? As soon as I can afford to swap, Nissan will not see me. I have had 100 polite phone calls, but no human to sit down and help a lady. The dealer is a joke. I am surprised to see such glowing reviews.

2016 Nissan Rogue SV

by Tony from SC from on Sat Nov 26 2016

Looked at RAV4, Hyundai Tucson and Nissan Rogue SV with some additional options. More impressed with the Rogue and especially the Nissan dealer(Vaden) in Hilton Head SC. where we bought it. Tight vehicle, comfortable, and really sharp looking.

New 2016 Rogue SL is a dawg....woof!

by Mpeterson from Beaverton, Or. on Fri Dec 30 2016

Work in Public Safety, Search & Rescue and I am the first to admit I was terribly wrong to trade in my 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport for a 2016 Nissan Rogue SL AWD. I lost tons of room, even though they are similar in size. The 'leather' used on this Rogue is tough, scuffs easilyand isn't suptle like were in my Hyundai. Seats don't have enough under leg support, even though I bought the highest priced 6 way seats, simy don't adjust. Begging the Service Manager today to add some spacers was met with "you'll have to pay 1m more and they'd be an after market seat. Driving it 100 miles to the coast was done so with legs never touching the seat and cause lower back fatigue. I'm 6'3" to answer your question, but my CARR NISSAN Beaverton service writer is 5'9" and mentioned his legs are also up in the air because the front sests shoot off at a flat angle instead of the more comfortable 1t degree up angle. This Nissan is dated, radio/screen/heat/ac controls seem really dated, like they came right out of my Mom's 2009 Buick Enclave. Chrome knobsare recessed making them hard to adjust for us guys, let alone a lady with long nails. Steering wheel controls are weam and wobbly, the mastet source button takes a weird hand angle to use, causing you to take your left hand off the wheel to actually get on top of it to use. Ergonomically speaking, this is a disaster. Handsfree audio feedback is long and chatty just to make a simple call. My car is suposed to have remote start but it has never worked, nor has the Nissan Connect services. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, look at the higher tier Murano (the ones that are catching fire) for more comfort or room or just buy a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. If the dealer would let me, I'd bring this back after these past 7 days of owning it and take my old Santa Fe back.

Bad experience

by Shilinskyv from Massachusetts leicester on Sat May 04 2019

I got my 2016 nissian rogue 3 months ago. There are 61000 miles on the car, and the transmission went. The car was having really bad hesitation issues and I was trying to drive and the car pulled me to the right and I crashed Into a guard real. Due to the car pulling me cuz the transmission was going.

Great SUV

by On the go from Paterson NJ on Mon Apr 15 2019

Price was great, sturdy vehicle thats good on gas also driving in the snow is a breeze .. This SUV is perfect for me and my family I have no complaints