2020 Nissan Sentra consumer reviews

side view of 2020 Sentra Nissan
Explore the 2020 Nissan Sentra
Shop the 2020 Nissan Sentra

Stylish

Rides well. Got some pep. Interior styling upscale. Plenty of space. Trunk space-plenty of room. Back seats with plenty of room. Like no noise engine.

2020 Nissan Sentra SV

I love this car! This has been the best car I have ever owned! I have 34,000 miles on her now and she’s been nothing but reliable!

3.3

My first Sentra and hopefully my last.

I went from a Honda Civic to a 2020 Sentra and I wish I hadn't. I live in Nova Scotia and the backup camera is exposed so I can barely use it as the lens is always dirty. Even when the camera lens is clean the view is not nearly as clear as the view I have with my 2020 Ford Ranger. The sensors go off without reason and lock the brakes up and sometimes the radio won't even turn on. The car is beautiful to look at, inside and out, but I'll definitely not be buying another. My Step Daughter bought a 2020 Civic a week after I bought my Sentra and she got much more value for the money than I did and we paid the same price!!

3.6

Nice desing, poor performance

12k miles and I got all the locks replaced, the back up camera, the transmission reprogramed and the brakes check beside the recall, don't buy this vehicle, is problematic, beside that the emergency brake goes off without a reason! Be aware!

Very Nice Car

The car met all our requirements. We purchase as a second car to commute back and forth to work. Very satisfied with our purchase.A happy customer.

2.6

Somewhat reliable but fell out of love with it

I first fell in love with the car. Loved everything about it. But after driving it for a few months, the engine is loud, the CVT is terrible when it comes to braking, because it is a small car and not a lot of weight, it does slide in snow easily. With the transmission it uses gears that shift down while breaking and you can feel that. So it feels like it jerks to a stop or sometimes surges for, making you have to brake harder to stop. On top of that the emergency brake sensor gets triggered often, even when nothing is in front of the car. I would be driving and out of no where the emergency breaks will be apply. I’ve taken it in multiple times to my Nissan dealer and it took them 5 times to tell me about the CVT transmission. And Nissan knows about the issue but will not do anything about it.

3.3

Noisy/Stiff/Brake issues

Purchased this car for Nissan's reputation and the styling of the '20 Sentra. The car has noticeable engine noise, touchy collision avoidance system (screeched the car to half after detecting bright white crosswalk markings) and drives stiff and heavy like a tank. The brakes have consistently screeched and made a rubbing sound. It has been returned to the dealer three times. Brake pin became loose, brake plate rubbing against rotor and the final time I was told the rotors have a "glaze" on them when the leave the factory. This "glaze" is causing a screech sound when the brakes are applied and the pads make contact. Yeah, ok. Just got it back yesterday from service. We will see what happens. Overall disappointed in this car. My first Nissan and I am confident it will be my last.

Great car

I use to have a Nissan Versa and didn't like it at all compared to the Sentra I now have. The Sentra is very spacious and rides like a gem. The features are great, decent stock speakers, great interior, touchscreen radio, backup camera, etc. It gets really great gas mileage as well! Overall 9.8/10 on this car for me. The only downside is I couldn't wait to buy it, so I kinda feel I over paid a little. However, I know this car will last me a very long time and it's the best investment I could make for a car that I really wanted.

I've never owned a nicer car. It's new, a 2020.

This car is sporty and classy. I love the body style. It has lots of leg room. It drives really smooth. I love the leather seats and red pin stripes.

Great gas mileage

This car has exceeded my expectations. This is first time I’ve ever owned a brand new car. I highly recommend a Nissan Sentra. Great gas mileage!