2005 Titan

2005 Nissan Titan

2005 Nissan Titan

Have You Driven the 2005 Nissan Titan?

I love this truck!

by 84mudhorse from Florida on Thu Jun 21 2012

I bought my Titan LE 4x4 King, with off road and tow package, brand new in October of 2005. This truck runs as good now as it did then. Ive heard people complain about engine noise and that baffles me. The purr of the motor is one of my favorite things about this truck. You can hear the power with my flowmaster dual exhaust and feel it when you press the pedal. I still have the OEM spark plugs at 125k miles and feel I should change them just on principle alone. The truck runs great and it has had minimal maintenance over the years. I run it hard and it just keeps on performing for me. Great buy! I did have a brake issue at 30k and the dealership worked on them and I havent had a problem since, still running on the same pads! I wish I could say the truck has been trouble free altogether but I did have a bad U-joint on the front drive shaft and an oil seal go out on the front driveshaft/differential connection. I replaced the U joint myself for $16.00 (lifetime ujoint too) and had the seal fixed under warranty. THe radiator seal developed a small leak and that got fixed under waranty too. Nothings perfect but my Titan comes close for me-its the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned. I change the oil about every 7k miles and its always clean and caramel...but my last oil change was at 10k+ and it still came out clean and caramel. I cant say enough good things about my Titan..if I had to say something negative it would be that the gas mileage sucks! But I didnt buy this truck for its MPG rating...I would buy another Titan in a heartbeat! Wouldnt think twice about it!

Very Solid Truck

by TXDriver from Dallas , Texas on Sat Nov 11 2006

I purchased an 05 LE 4x4 Crew cab. It had most features aside from not having the DVD, NAV,Off-Road (Too Stiff for anything comfortable but off road). The interior is plastic as you would expect but is of decent quality. The truck is solid, hauls a lot for the money (9k plus lbs) and other than the obligatory brake shudder recal (which Nissan took care of eventually) it has been trouble free over my first 1 1/2 years and 15k miles. I have been getting right at 13.5 to 14 mpg. I have the 4wd with all the options and it is heavy so maybe a lighter Titan can get 15mpg plus but I have never seen it. You have to know going in this is not a Civic when it comes to gas. It has clever storage, handy features, handles very well in daily city driving has ample room for rear passengers to sit (very important to me). I have Galaxy black and it has held up well so far but I garage it and live in Texas so I expect it to. Service from my local Dallas dealers has been so/so but over all acceptable. You can tell Nissan is hungry to move up but they are not up to Honda/Toyota standards. That said in 2005 neither Honda or Toyota had a truck that would pull my boat and other trailer that top well over 7k lbs. Compared to a Ford,Chevy or Dodge there is no comparision. The jury is out on what the 07 Toyota Tundra will be (I hear finally full size) but the chink in it's armor is the high price. You will not be dissapointed with the Titan. I feel like I got what I was looking for and at a fair price.

Best truck in its class

by GeoK from Orange, Ca on Sat Apr 22 2017

I had it for 13 years and and had no problems. Only thing I did was regular maintenance and wash. Still runs very good.

Nissan Titan, great truck but hurts at the pump!

by RickRicardo from Florida on Wed Aug 09 2006

My Nissan Titan crew cab XE is a great truck. But it hurts the wallet at the gas pump. So far, I only had a couple minor problems with my truck. Such as breaking with vibration, gas gage not responding and overall very poor dealership experience. I have visited two different Nissan dealership service centers, and they fail to even meet any expectations I had. As a result, you will get a great truck but do not expect too much from the dealer when you need to take the truck back for services. But there is a good chance that you may have better luck with your local Nissan dealer than I did... Have fun, and buckle up! RickRicardo

Wow. Very responsive

by Mytitan from Southern maine on Sat Sep 15 2012

Very comfortable 6 seater with tow package with plenty of power. Loves gas and rides and handles smooth.

Wow

by Getitright from Fredericksburg, VA on Tue Dec 18 2012

Driving this reliable, dependable and safe truck is a joy. When I let others drive it, I almost always here: "I love driving this truck. The 4X4 is expedient. Great crew cab. If you want good gas milage (i.e. over 14) you might not want to go over 70 mph. She does real well on gas running errands and making wood deliveries. I love my Titan

most reliable car I have ever owned

by luke from tobyhanna, pa on Fri Jun 23 2017

im pretty sure this is the most reliable car that i have ever owned. the only problem that i had was the tailpipe fell off after owning it for ten years. but it wasn't big issue. the audio system is top notch and its super bassy. the power steering is amazing it can handle curves like they arent even there.

Very dependable truck and easy maintenance

by Titan Lover from Orange, Ca on Sat Jul 01 2017

It is a very dependable truck and serves me well. I bought it new and still runs liKE NEW. Easy to maintain and no mechanical problems since I bought it.

Most Enjoyable Truck I have Ever Owned

by Scotty from Aptos, CA on Tue Aug 29 2006

This is a truck that receives compliments from friends, family, and strangers on the street! It is comfortable, VERY spacious, and is built tough!

The best vehicle I've ever owned

by SumoDaddy from Florida on Thu Oct 12 2006

From the day I laid eyes on this truck, I fell in love. Everything about the Titan is amazing. Fantastic bold lines, Spacious interior room, Luxury car-like ride, Throaty muscular exhaust and an exceptionally long list of standard equipment. I will undoubtedly shed tears the day I have to give my truck up.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2005 Nissan Titan

When it comes to gas guzzlers, American automakers always get the blame, even though many foreign automakers build vehicles every bit as thirsty.

Consider the Nissan Titan pick-up truck's OPEC-friendly 10 mpg. It's enough to make any oil sheik weep for joy. Gas-station attendants will get to know you on a first-name basis. You'll max out your oil-company credit card. Just don't expect any free glassware with a 10-gallon fill-up.

I mock the lousy mileage, but it was really one of the standout features of this truck, even if it wasn't the first thing I noticed.

That would be the Titan's bold presence.

The styling is typically Nissan: bold, distinctive and modern. Large, chunky chromed door handles, a... Read More