2006 Nissan Titan

Good truck/Poor seats

by from on March 24, 2010

My 2006 Titan has been mechanically great and I have over 179,000 miles due to traveling for work. The only real complaint that I have is that I am on my second drivers front seat. The seat back has 2 metal bars running down the seat that are covered with foam. The metal bars eventually cut through the foam and then cut through the cloth. I use a seat cushion to keep them from cutting my back. Very poor designed seat.

Love this truck

by from Orange County, CA on March 2, 2010

I love the versatility of this Truck. Its roomy and comfortable like a SUV but when I need the utility of a truck, it's there.

powerful truck

by from austin,texas on March 14, 2010

test drove it didnt go anywhere else i have driven it 30k no problems at all.great for towing.most reliable truck i have ever bought.

Consumer

by from Alabama on May 30, 2006

Excellent Truck, 36000 miles and not qa problem. Had the brakes redone by the factory cause it was vibrating minimally! My only compliant is that the mileage could be better! My Chevy/Ford buddies can't stand how good this truck looks!

Excellent truck

by from Las Vegas,NV on November 24, 2009

Both big enough inside and out to do anything you need. Comfortable with great power and handling. Would buy again and recommend to anyone interested to hear it.

Best Truck ever.

by from Salem, OR on March 4, 2011

The over all look of the Titan is amazing. It is sleek and easy to identify with its mold breaking front. The Inside is very comfortable (especially with the fron bucket seat design) One of the more offten compaints is the engine noise, but I think its rather nice to hear a reminder that you are driving a more powerfull truckIf you get the upgraded Rockford Fosgate system you wont have to worry about engine noise because you will be more focused on the amazing clarity and sound of the system. I will admit that the back seat it a tid bit cramped in the King Cab. But I dont really use the back seat much and think that the body looks great as a king cab. Performance with this truck is great. Great bottom clearence, Great power, Great towing, and most of all great steering. Its just a fun truck to drive. My only "complaint" isnt something I was to conerned about because I knew what I was geting into. But the Gas Milage is not the best. Averaging at about 14 miles to the gallon. But thats part of the v8. I would definatly recomend this truck to my friends (and I do) and it was recomended to me. Nissan knows what they are doing.

Great Truck

by from Kingsland, GA on January 25, 2009

40,000 Miles no problem one bit. The front brake rotors is my only complaint. Pulls the race car to the track with no trouble. Would buy again.

Uses car for Towing

My Titan/cadillac of trucks

by from Collingwood, Ontario, Canada on September 13, 2011

This truck has two speeds, fast and ridiculous. It tows two bush-cords of fire-wood and a box-full, with a drop of only 2 litres/100 kilometres, and will accelerate up-hill. I have 212,000 klicks on it, and it runs like new. At the moment i have a loose muffler clamp. I have run it on Amsoil synthetic oil after the first 5,000 km, and have it serviced at the dealership on "major" maintenance times as per the manual. Things I don't like: (1) wiper-stalk is easily knocked when inserting the key; (2) stuff on the passenger-seat slides into the door-well, because the seat-cushion lacks lateral support/bump; (3)the designers must have thought it to be a Honda element, with flat floor that you can hose out the sand & mud, with no door-sill. Can't count the number of times I opened the passenger -door to have stuff flutter onto the street!; Apart from these quibbles, this truck drives like my old RX7s: fast, sporty, unique exterior styling, and comfortable. AND, it's got six air-bags. It's a mystery to me why this truck is not more popular.

Owned my Titan for 11 years

by from Knoxville TN on June 2, 2017

I have 175,000 miles on my Nissan Titan and it still runs really good. The only thing I have had to fix was an A/C thermostat switch and some minor suspension work. I love my Titan and would recommend it to anyone as a very nice, solid and reliable truck.

completely satisfied

by from St. Louis, MO on December 22, 2011

Average about 15 mpg but still satisfied. Plenty of interior room (I'm 6'7" so that's important) plenty of power.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Nissan Titan