2018 Titan XD

2018 Nissan Titan XD

2018 Nissan Titan XD

4.5

Have You Driven the 2018 Nissan Titan XD?

Elias Cejas

by Elias from Cejas on Wed Dec 12 2018

I love my new Nissan Titan!! They had the color I wanted. Also the sales rep help out a lot. Her and Kevin in Parts was Great Together!!!

Moved from a Tundra

by Scott from PANAMA CITY BEACH on Wed Mar 18 2020

I have been a Tundra owner for years. Was set to buy another Tundra. Compared a 2018 SR5 with the Titan XD PR, no comparison. Titan had the under-seat storage and driver side grab handle lacking in the Tundra. The Interior is a few notches above as well. Cons - can't touch the full rear window rolling down! Tech is lacking, the screen is very plain with no way to customize anything, only have Apple car would prefer android.

Love It so far.

by ronjans from IL on Mon Nov 19 2018

Don't know why the reviews always bash this truck. I bought the XD - Cummins - Pro-4X - 6.7 Foot Bed. Mine is loaded with pretty much everything including the Titan boxes and LED fog lights. Very quiet, comfortable, nice ride, 17 mpg in the cold weather, great power. Actual owners review highly but the magazines seem to always bash the truck. I think for the money spent the value is $10K to $20K less than the domestics. I also know I'm good for 100K miles or 5 years bumper to bumper. Love the rear 120 Volt plug in the bed ! The Rockford Fosgate stereo is the best oem system I have ever heard ! It's a happy medium between the 1/2 tons and the 3/4 tons. I still have a 2012 Tundra but wanted a diesel since I do more towing. Tired of waiting for Toyota to do a redesign on an 11 year old engine and frame so I switched my Toyota loyalty for the first time in 20 years. I don't think Nissan is quite up to Toyota fit and finish but pretty close. The interior trim in a few areas look unfinished to me and I have a tiny dent which I didn't notice till I waxed it on the upper driver's side fender by the mirror which is dented from the inside out so had to be done in assembly of the fender. Looks like a screw poked it from the back side. Just being picky but was surprised by that from a Japanese company.

2018 Nissan Titan XD 5.0 diesel Platinum Reserve

by Ronw2018 from PASADENA on Thu Aug 09 2018

Has a truck like feel, great steering feel. Very luxerious. Love all the amenitites. I purchased the top of the line Platinum Reserve with the diesel motor and four wheel drive. Couldn't beat the price when compared to ford or chevy. The only negatice so far has been the dealerships, these trucks are only 3 years old and the service and parts depts arent knowledgable about the trucks.

Nissan Titan XD: Hidden Gem in Pick-up World

by Titan XD Man from Berthoud, CO on Tue Mar 05 2019

I have a 9,500 pound Keystone Outback camping trailer. My previous truck was a 2002 Silverado 2500 HD with Duramax. Diesels are the kings of towing, especially in high altitude like Colorado, however, there are maintenance and price considerations when owing a diesel truck. I tow only 6-8 times a year, so having a 3/4 ton pick-up doesn't make sense financially long term. The Titan XD 5.6 gas is exactly what I need. It has the specs for towing, and more importantly, for payload which is what most pick-up owners ignore. At 2,500 pounds, I can cover the tongue weight on the Outback (1,300 pounds), and still have plenty for cargo in the bed and cab. The 5.6 Endurance has better performance than I imagined and is perfect for the daily commute to work and towing on the weekend. The Titan XD is the most underrated pick-up in the market as it slots perfectly between half-ton and three-quarter ton segments. The ride is great, the interior well done, and the King Cab is exactly what I need. Plus, Nissan discounts the heck out of the XD and I would never have gotten the same type of value in a 3/4 ton (leather, bed liner, 4x4, power everything), let alone the same features in a 1/2 ton from the Big 3.

So far, so good!

by RaleighTitan from Raleigh, NC on Sat Mar 31 2018

Let me start off by saying my last truck was a 2007 Titan King Cab. I loved that truck, it was durable and powerful (though the first gen was a bit lacking in tech towards the end of production). When I first heard of the new Titan XD, I had big expectations. I'm not sure what exactly I expected when I heard of a "tweener" truck, straddling the 1500 and 2500 truck ratings. Through all my research (like yours), it became clear this truck is much more a heavy-duty half ton as opposed to a 2/4 ton truck. With that knowledge, I was still intrigued. I knew my needs: that I haul dirt bikes around and occasionally a smaller horse trailer. I did not need a diesel engine capable of towing my house, I do not rely on my truck’s ability to tow big loads for work. I loved my old 5.6 V8, but the fuel mileage numbers were upsetting (10 city- 15 highway). I wanted something safer, and just as robust and reliable as my old 2007. I looked at the domestic brands, Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. Overall, I was pretty disappointed with their offerings in my price point. Again, I turned to Nissan and was impressed with the amount of truck I could get for the money. I had decided I wanted a crew cab with 6.5 foot bed, so the XD was the truck for me. That led me to the next big question, gas or diesel. First, I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles in Diesel trucks (again, from Ford, Chevy, and Dodge) but I have never owned one. There were plenty of nightmare stories from the first year model XDs, but that is true from new products from most companies. The 5.0 Cummins was smooth and powerful, no doubt about it. It was noticeably slower than the gas (strike one), I wanted to avoid the whole DEF emissions system (strike two), and while it got a couple MPGs better than the gas, Diesel fuel in my area is at least $0.40/gal more than unleaded (strike three). Combine that with higher maintenance costs and the Cummins was ruled out for me. Then I found my truck, a 2018 Titan XD Pro-4x Gas. With some pretty impressive rebates, I found myself taking home the new truck. One look at the frame and actual underbody components and it is clear, this is a serious truck. Admittedly, I only have about 5k miles on it so far but I am impressed. This truck is truly comfortable to ride in. More space than anyone needs, innovative storage that I have come to expect from Nissan, and seriously nice features and materials. Sure, the infotainment system seems a little dated, but it works every time. The sensors and cameras surrounding the vehicle are a must in such a big truck, making it feel smaller than it really is. Fuel mileage is great for a truck this size, averaging 13 city and 18 highway (and the Pro-4x typically gets about 1-2mpg worse than the other trims). I have towed several times with the truck so far (up to 8k lbs) and can say it feels like it can handle much more. Numbers on paper don’t give you a good feeling of how WELL the truck tows. This XD is well planted and controlled when towing bigger loads that would make a traditional half-ton start to sweat, giving you just a little added confidence. Everything on the truck just works, I have to say I am happy with my decision so far. If any of this makes sense to you, go try one. Give the 2018 and up a chance, look at what you are really getting for the money. The 2018 Titan XD is just an honest truck.

Dream truck

by Jerod 67 from Franklin Louisiana on Tue Oct 02 2018

Love this truck ! I bought it with the Cummins motor love it truck pulls good and rides great! I owned a Dodge Ram 2500 before this truck and the ride of the titan is so much better !! Love my new truck !!

My Second Titan XD Diesel

by Larry B from livermore, ca on Sat Apr 20 2019

So I had a 2016 Titan Platinum XD Diesel and had a bunch of turbo charger issues.....replace twice, failed a 3rd time.....36 days in the shop. The dealership did give me a Titan loaner (gas). I was then contacted by Nissan USA stating they wanted to buy back the truck....which thay did 100% plus a factory discount on a new 2018. I figure any mechanical system can fail but if the factory steps up then I will be a customer.....I have had my 2018 for 11 months and LUV it

Step up from the old

by BobMick from Charleston, SC on Tue Aug 28 2018

Nathan and Day compared to the 2015 Titan I drive for the last 3 years, Nissan in my opinion nailed it. I don’t tow everyday, but when I do I drink Dos Equis. Just kidding, I pull a Cat skid steer and trailer weighing in around 8800lbs, I could feel it behind the 2015. Hooked up to the Titan XD, reat end didn’t even squat down. Pulled it like it was my 4K pound boat. The longer bed and the lights inside of it, shut the front door. If I had more money I would buy another one just to have it sitting in the driveway.

More truck than i thought

by L WOOD from Oviedo FL on Sun Jul 01 2018

It is much more than i expected. From all the early reviews i was hesitant to purchase and i was pleasantly surprised. More surprised each day. The ride quality is the best of any truck and most vehicles ive been in. Its almost as smooth and comfortable as my MB S550. It has more power than 99.9% of consumers would begin to utilize. It wont pull 20k lbs but how many of you need that. I would like to see a but more pep, but is it a race truck, NO! I will say its transmission is silky smooth and im yet to find a flaw in it. The truck has 26k hard miles so far and its running better than it did brand new. All the creature features are there and very luxurious for a pick up. Again, its not the S550, but is the 550 of the truck world. Fit and finish is spot on. I love it and you shoudlnt turn a blind eye to the Titan XD.