2007 Nissan Versa

If it hadn't been for the transmission...

by from Las Vegas NV on August 10, 2017

I bought one of the first Versas in Las Vegas in August, 2006. I got an upgraded model with Bluetooth, smart keys and upgraded audio. Every one of the upgraded features worked beautifully for the life of the car. I found the seats to be comfortable and the legroom in the back seat was awesome; my 6'6" boss rode there comfortably. (Later redesigned Versas blew it and messed up the seats.) For a small car, the seat was a comfortable height; I didn't feel "low" on the road and had great visibility. HOWEVER, their CVT transmission was flawed and at 8 years (75,000 miles) the transmission failed. Nissan was responsive and replaced the transmission (even paid for a rental car while repairs were made). Sadly, the rebuilt transmission they installed lasted less than 25,000 miles. So, with less than 100,000 miles, I had to give up on the Versa. I was very sad to let it go... it was a comfortable car that fit me well. A 2007 Versa with a quality transmission would be an AWESOME little car.

I love this car

by from Marietta on August 7, 2017

I leased a Leaf prior to purchasing the Versa Note and loved it. This is the closest thing to a Leaf giving me the range I need. It's a really comfortable car, has nice features (like push button ignition and a backup camera) and exceptional gas mileage. I recently drove from Metro Atl to Tybee Island and got 50 mpg with highway driving. The cargo space for the size of the car is exceptional. It's amazing how much can fit in this car with the seats folded down. I also love the security compartment in back. This is a small car that feels substantial and safe. I love the small size because I can squeeze into some tiny parking spaces. I also like the cup holder fold down in the back seat--a nice detail the nearest competitor, the Honda Fit, does not have. It's also about 2k less, but you can also drive a Nissan until the wheels fall off, which is what I intend to do with this car. I do experience a bit of road noise at times, but it's welcome trade off.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Bang for the buck car

by from Wellington Florida on July 30, 2017

Great car for its value! Definitely not a mans car would work better for a lady. Performs well, efficiently and if taken good car off will pay off with no problems at all. Would recommend to a friend or maybe to a kid for his/her first car after getting there driving permit.

Best car I have owned

by from Colorado springs, CO on July 27, 2017

This vehicle was fast, sleek, and comfortable. Only downside was parts would randomly fall off the car, like the door handle broke off of all four doors during my time with the car.

Good gas mileage

by from Fort Worth, Tx on July 18, 2017

I bought this car cash in 2015 and overall it is a good little car. It gets great gas mileage. The only downside for me is that it is a little car. Although it has 5 seat belts, it can really only have 4 people in the car. It would be good for a teen, college student, a couple, or a small family of 2 or 3. I have a hatchback and I don't have a ton of trunk space. I can fit groceries, but don't expect to do a big shopping. I'm due with baby #2 in a few months and am looking for something bigger as I don't think a full-size stroller will fit in the back. Also, I am 5'3 and am able to drive with the driver's seat all the way back. When people ride with me, the person on the passenger side has to move the seat forward for the person behind them to have leg room, and it literally looks like they are up against the dashboard. The sensor that lets you know the tires are low is messed up. I've had it reset a couple times and it still comes on - my tires are not low. This could also have something to do with the electrical problems that this particular car has. (I was told it had not been wrecked. After further investigation it has definitely been wrecked, and it was not reported on the Carfax). Again, it is a tiny car, so if you are looking for a family car, this isn't it. But it is a good car for commuting.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Very reliable through the years!

by from Tyler, Texas on July 17, 2017

It was passed down to me and over the years it has been in a couple accidents and has still been going strong. Thoroughly impressed! Don't like the transmission though.

It is a very reliable car.

by from on June 10, 2017

It is a car that can get you from A to B with no problems. Overall a very good ride. I have quite a few good memories driving from college and back.

Most comfortable small car I've ever owned

by from St George, UT on June 5, 2017

This car meets all my needs. The space inside is larger than expected. Very comfortable and roomy in the back seat. plenty of little storage places inside the car. Good size trunk. smooth ride. Low maintenance car.

Good first car

by from whitehall,pennsylvania on April 1, 2017

Great for a first car, fuel efficient and also good on the highway. Also works well for young drivers trying to learn how to drive. It is small and convenient.

Decent Value

by from Tampa, Florida on January 30, 2015

I bought the 07 Nissan Versa hatchback shortly after it came out. It had a six speed manual which was very clunky, however, apart from this their weren't any problems with shifting. I put about 70,000 miles on it before I sold it fall of last year. During the 7 yrs that I owned it I had to replace the entire fuel tank because of a faulty sensor. Also a tpms sensor went out. There was also a stint when the driver's side front tire made a clicking noise when turned to the left, however, this noise went on and off. Another side of the Nissan is the mileage which was very average. For a six speed manual, it had a pathetic mpg on the highway. City miles weren't so bad when driving very moderately. I averaged about 33 in the city and 37 on the highway. Overall, this car is very solid. Apart from the replacement of the fuel tank, I loved it. It is very roomy and decently fuel efficient.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Nissan Versa