2009 Nissan Xterra

Understand it first, drive it second, Love it.

by from Northern Michigan on October 12, 2009

Okay guys, lets get on board here, ok? This is not an BMW X5, A Mercedes or your Dads Suburban. This is not your Moms Lexus R 350(or what ever its called). This is a vehicle that can take you nearly any place you want to go----on or off road. Please stop the nonsense complaining that the Xterra is full of plastic parts or doesnt handle well over 80mph. Who would ever even consider a vehichle like this to manuver well over 80 like a ferrari???? If you want a ferrari then get one. If you want a vehicle that can--and does perform like an around town grocery getter, casual tripper, off road hooligan, then get a bloody Xterra! People people people, we all need to stop comparing these rigs to a Bentley. We need to look at these rigs for what they are and what they can do. I live in northern Michigan and love the out doors that living here has to offer. I can take my wife and kids out into the woods and show them places that a Suburban, BMW,Expedition could never even dream of getting to. And I can do it all treading lightly. The xterra does absolutely everything that I ask of it and that I want it to do. If I wanted it to do other things I would have bought something else. People who buy these types of vehichles like a Jeep, Land Rover, Toyota FJ, they did the research and new what they wanted. All I can say is do your own research and get the vehichle that is right for your lifestyle---Me, I'm over 50 years old and my faorite color is dirt, snow and mud---with a little pavemnent thrown in on the side. I still crave the adventure that only a vehichle like this can give me and my family. My other vehichle???? a Nissan Rogue.

New Xterra owner

by from Vancouver, Canada on August 11, 2010

I am very happy with the Xterra in terms of its storage capacity and off-road capabilities. Nissan used a minimalist philosophy for its Xterra: "Everything you need and nothing you don't." They are true their word.

No offroading 4 side airbags

by from Utah on November 13, 2009

Do not get the side curtain airbags if you drive off road. I have a 2008 Off Road package. Driving off road in a national park in Utah the front seat belts locked up and both side curtain airbags went off. The truck was in no way near tipping over. It was fairly well loaded. Nissan tells me the truck acted as designed and to call my insurance company.

Great looking inside and out

by from TULSA on April 10, 2010

I have wanted a xterra for years, finally got one . had to track down a dark blue from another state to get it. needs usb connections inside and remote seats, but other than that has alot of nice extra features. great looking bold and sharp lines inside and out. [ that helps to keep it's newnest looks.

decent vehicle

by from North Florida on August 28, 2010

Fits a niche. A somewhat comfortable highway vehicle that can go off-road. Although not very fuel efficient for today,s market, IT HAS A FRAME!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

most fun vehicle to drive

by from Packer country WI on November 18, 2011

A real MAN CAVE or family vehicle. Powerful is the word. Im a 65 old Grandma who actually don' mind potholes. Absolutely fun to drive

very reliable

by from sc on October 19, 2009

im impressed with this SUV,handles very well, gas mileage is 18 city and 23 hwy serious off road capabilities. i used to own H3 , and have to say that xterra is seriour competetor to hummer family

Something New but used

by from Baton Rouge, LA on October 29, 2010

I can't complain about my new Nissan Xterra. I love it! It drives good and so far great on gas. Very roomy.

What a great off-roader!

by from Detroit, MI on May 5, 2017

Bought this as a multipurpose car - commuting, driving around the family, and towing. It does it all.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Nissan Xterra