2011 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Xterra
Average based on 11 reviews

Best vehilce I have owned

by from Ohio on November 3, 2010

This vehicle is the perfect blend of awsome on road performance and gutsy attitude off-road. Just bought a 2011 Pro-4X model automatic and it's just incredible to drive, smooth, quiet at speed, powerful V-6, and aggressive looks. Exterior is awsome and quality, interior is comfortable, and has everything you need, nothing you dont. Rockford Fosgate stereo upgrade is a must, UNREAL sound performance. I will warn that hard interior plastics and cargo area scratch easy, and the exterior mirrors are not heated. Perfect for anyone looking for a Jeep alternative, Im coming from 3 wrangler's and this Xterra knocks um out of the park. Highly suggest if you want the most for your money, a bulletproof platform and sound, stable on road handling.

This is my 2nd Xterra

by from Denver, CO on June 6, 2011

I traded in my 2001 Xterra XE with 108k miles for a 2011 Xterra SE about 1 month ago. This is a solid, safe SUV in my opinion. The 2011 is very comfy, but there are some things I wish it had considering the price: a temperature gauge!, a decent stereo, carpeted cargo area (otherwise EVERYTHING slides around), power seats, multi-disc CD changer, Sirius radio, and finally - better/different interior upholstery and plastic. Even a drop of spilled water stains these seats. It didn't on the 2001, but it does on the 2011. And the plastic console collects every piece of dust because it has a suede-like material. I think they tried to make it more luxurious but it really is annoying how much it collects and retains dust, hair, etc. Driving-wise, it's solid, fairly quiet, and does well in the mountains (important since I live in CO). Yes, it drinks gas like there's no tomorrow - but my commute isn't bad.

Great Truck!

by from Orangeburg, NY on November 10, 2010

Just purchased a black 2011 PRO 4X with a leather interior. My second Xterra, and I love these trucks. If the gas mileage was more reasonable, I would be even happier, but I consider that the "price of admission" to some serious off-road fun. I use it as my everyday truck and it serves us very well, but my son and I have already taken it on some local small trails. A blast! And I like driving it on the road more than the Audi A3 I just had, and knowing it can handle most conditions adds to the experience. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but really, none needed. Great stereo and I would highly recommend the leather. Most importantly, it really drives...anywhere!

Wanted one forever

by from Rome, NY on January 8, 2011

Have wanted an Xterra for as long as theyve been around. Finally decided to take the plunge with the 2011. Great ride and handles the snow effectively in either 2W or 4W (I live in Upstate NY). Gas mileage could be better, but given the V6 in it and the power that comes with that, I am not complaining very loudly. The interior has no flash, which may bother some, but I think it adds to the character the Xterra has. This is the SUV for the person who is more concerned with personal satisfaction than impressing others. HIGHLY recommend.

Nice for the money

by from Denver, CO on May 2, 2011

I was looking at more expensive SUV's, until I came across the Xterra. First off it is one of the last REAL SUV's on the market. I had a pick up truck as my trade and found the Xterra has a much smoother ride than my truck, while at the same time giving me the feel of having a powerful machine that will take me anywhere. The cons for the vehicle are that it's interior is made of rather cheap non durable plastic (it scratches very easily), as well as poor gas mileage. I'm averaging 15 mpg in mostly city driving. It also doesn't offer some of the better accessories you can find on other vehicles, such as GPS. Other than those couple cons I find the Xterra to have lots of power a comfortable ride and ready to take me anywhere I want to.

Great Vehicle for cyclists

by from on January 12, 2011

Interior is easy to clean. Cargo racks in the back allows for easy mounting for interior bike rack. Has lots of storage. Great in the snow and off-road

Best vehicle I've ever purchased

by from Iowa on January 13, 2013

Rides smooth. Quiet, gets around great in winter weather, Definetely tighter sealed than previous SUV. Love it!!!

great vehicle

by from Canada on October 25, 2011

seats are a little hard, but over all great ride. great sound system, large cargo capacity. lots of extras.

Fuuest Car to Drive

by from Valparaiso, IN on January 3, 2011

I purchased the Xterra instead of a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. It is fun to drive and handles well. I have used it in snow, mud and sand and it conquers them all. It handles extemely well in snow and on wet pavement. Four wheel drive engages smoothly and it does not gresatly impact gas milage.

Absolutely Awesome

by from Sterling, VA on February 23, 2011

The vehicle is awesome. You can feel the power and the fold flat rear seats with tie down tracks are really useful. I built an improv bike rack for the back and can just throw the bike in an go. Would recommend to anyone who leads an active lifestyle and need a versatile vehicle!