2014 Xterra

2014 Nissan Xterra

2014 Nissan Xterra

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2014 Nissan Xterra?

Outstanding value & performance

by ZYA62 from Above the Adirondacks, NY on Wed May 13 2015

I've had my 2014 Xterra S for almost a year and have driven it through all the Upstate NY seasons and it's been great. It is a simple design that gives you everything you need without over-complicating things. We did not buy it for the gas-mileage, we bought it for the versatility of being an everyday driver to work and weekend driver to hunting camp, the lake, or the mountains. We have (2) small children, one in a front-facing car seat, one in a booster seat and it's a little tight in the back seat for the car seat, but we won't be using that in another few months so it's only a temporary tight fit! There is plenty of leg room for our little one in the booster seat. Clean up is super easy. With small children and outdoor activities tracking in everything under the sun it's a breeze to vacuum out and wipe down. Cargo space is great as well. It fits a hockey bag full of equipment and sticks with room to spare. The storage bin in the roof rack is perfect for muddy boots after an all day hike. The price is right for the versatility it offers, again, without over complicating anything! We LOVE it!

Awesome truck

by sandy from Shreveport, La on Wed May 13 2015

My 3rd Xterra..... Love, Love, Love it!! It handles well and love the pick up it has...I can pass anything on the road. I plan on keeping my Xterra 300,000miles and it should easily make it.. Fun to Drive! Shreveport, Louisiana

2014 xterra S

by The other guy from NM on Mon Oct 05 2015

Agree with the other reviews that this is a solid vehicle. Recently purchased my first XTERRA - 2014, barely used with 14.4K miles on the clock. On a recent 1400 mile round trip across NM and West Texas the MPG was 26.4 to 26.9 @ 70 mph with cruise and AC, two adults, luggage, food and water. Routine in town/combined, with brief 4WH driving due to where I live, is 22.4 - 22.6 mpg. This is certainly acceptable in a true, old school 4WD and better than expected. Vehicle is stock S model with low profile roof rack added. Now with 20K miles the MPG on recent 700 mile Southern Rockies trip on two lane roads and a fair amount of back country dirt the MPG was 22.9 - 23.6 with a load of camping gear, food, water, The Dog and some extended 4WH driving. Only drawback so far is not being able to sleep in the vehicle as with previous full size PUs. But that makes the local tent makers happy so I guess it's a fair trade off. I'm happy anyway.

BUYING EXPERINCE

by Loyal Nissan Owner from Oahu, Hawaii on Sun Sep 28 2014

Most satisfied customer. Quality all around with options that fit my every desire. MPG is marginal but equal to other SUV's. I owned a 2003 Xterra and am very happy to see all the improvements Nissan has made in this model SUV. The ride for this 4X4 is comfortable and too still or rough. Handles well and provides much feel of control. Best of all this SUV has all the bells and whistles that all the other new autos have so if you are a gadget person you too will be very happy with this edition.

Nothing like it!

by GODSUNWANTD from Chicago on Sat Nov 29 2014

I agree with everyone on here. This truck is a true beast. Whether you go off roading or want to tear up the city streets, nothing compares to Xterra. It is a diamond in the rough. This vehicle handles anything thrown it's way and still wants more. You won't find a more versatile vehicle on the market. Once you test drive this bad boy you'll see what i mean. Do yourself a favor and dont sleep on this amazing 4x4 machine. I live in Chicago with all the seasons and trust me nothing can stop this monster.

Perfect SUV

by xterralover from Mojave Desert on Sat May 30 2015

I traded my 2007 Nissan Frontier for an Xterra S 2WD. I love the way I can adjust the lower seat for comfort because I have serious back problems. The USB port is a god send for my kids ipad mini. I love the blue tooth technology where I can answer my phone and text by pushing a button on my steering wheel. The Sirius radio gives me hours of entertainment. I can fold the rear seats down perfectly flat and if I lay diagonally I can stretch out all the way ( I am 5"3). I love the side step to climb in and the way I can sit up high and look out into traffic. The button to push to give the wheels traction in the snow and ice is a really great feature. Mine came with a towing package so I love having the option to pull 5000 pounds if need be. The V6 engine accelerates well in traffic. I would give this SUV a perfect score except for the gas mileage which could be better but I will gladly sacrifice gas mileage for a roomy, vehicle that sits up high and has everything that I want. Parking is a breeze. No blind spots. Some say the look is dated I say I love the utilitarian look I don't like the boxy rectangular look of the new SUV's on the market now or how they sit so close to the ground. It rains where I am at and we have lots of dirt roads so I need the clearance. Like the quality of tires they came with.

Quality Where It Counts

by Eric from Smithtown, New York on Tue Jun 20 2017

When deciding to purchase an Xterra you must know the kind of vehicle you're purchasing. This is a truck based SUV much like the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota FJ Cruiser. If you are looking for a sturdy vehicle with real off road capability as well as a trucks lifespan and reasonable amenities compared to others in its class then this is a fantastic purchase. If you dont care for off road prowess or a rugged vehicle then you may want to consider a car based suv such as the Toyota Rav4 or a Mazda Cx5 because you will get better gas mileage and more luxury items in the cabin. In my experience i have gotten to 44k miles and I've had literally no issues and this vehicle is a beast in the snow. So long as you want a body on frame SUV this is a purchase you won't regret.

in LOVE with my car

by ABB23 from Snellville, GA on Thu Jul 27 2017

I recently purchased my vehicle after my 2000 Xterra was totaled in 2017. I wanted a car that would be spacious, safe, and last a long time. Being that my 17 year old car was still mechanically sound, and rarely had any problems, I knew I wanted another Xterra. After test driving a few other vehicles, there was no comparison. I fell in love with the space my car provides, the gas mileage my car gets, and how comfortable it is. I travel a lot and this car is perfect for someone who is on the road constantly. My family, and my dog, love riding in it almost as much as I love driving it.

2015 Nissan Xterra

by BLUEBDOG from MIAMI, FL on Mon Jul 30 2018

I've owned '04 Xterra and absolutely no problems with the engine, transmission or body. This 2015 Xterra handles like the previous vehicle with slight differences and the upgrades are fantastic like auto lock and additional glove box. The gas milage is the same and that can be expensive in city driving however highway is a lot better. I do not like the tall headrests in the back seat and the fact that I have to manually unlock the car in order to open the door; if you take out the key, it will automatically unlock the doors, however the doors will not open if you use the handle.

04 and 14 Xterra Owner

by SportModel from Orlando, Florida on Tue Sep 02 2014

I jUst replaced my 04 Xterra with a new 14 Xterra and I could not be happier. I did extensive research and read all the reviews. Professional reviewers define the Xterra as an off-road vehicle......are they nuts? This is a very refined asphalt eating machine, well suited for all pavement. If you want to go off-road, get a Jeep. There is no vehicle that has all the qualities of the Xterra at this price range. The Xterra is the best value of anything this is remotely in it's class. My only problem was finding one to buy. Most Nissan dealers have one or two Xterra's on their lot. Just like Model T's, you can have one in any color you want....as long as it is black. I had the hardest time finding a white or silver Xterra. I did not want any of the other and few colors that are available and the selection is small. I drove 175 miles to buy my Xterra, but it was well worth it. I like that it has everything that you need and has none of the things that you do not need. If you like expensive gadgets, this is not you SUV. There are lots of overprices SUV's and cross-overs on the market, the Xterra is not one of those. The 4.0 lite V6 is an awesome engine with 260 HP, it goes! I love my new ride!

1 2