1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

The used car that will prevent you form buying new

by from Canada on November 15, 2006

There are cars out there that despite any amount of maintaining, simply don't have the quality in build that keep it running for decades. In the 60's a man named Alvin Toffler wrote a rather interesting book called Future Shock in which he described a disturbing social trend developing that would see us becoming a throw away society. All products are designed to achieve a small life-span so as to keep you buying more products. How would the stock exchange hold up if you only needed to buy two cars in your life-time? The Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, as well as other early 90's General Motors products, comletely defy this new age adaptation of design. The engines offered, the 3.8, 3.1 and 3300, are some of the most reliable engines I have come across. I don't have anything bad to say about import vehicles, but I am sticking to domestic. The Olds Ciera may not be as stylish or desireable as the brand new models seen now days. For those individuals though that desire practical cost effective quality, this car is for you. I am now nearing 300,000 kilometers on my 3300 engine. I change the fluids regulary, and treat the fuel system every 5000 kilometers. Why in the world would I want to spend 30,000 dollars on a car? I could think of many things I would enjoy more. Vacations, big TV's, 3 years mortgage payment, or a retirement fund!. When buying a used vehicle, choose this reliable and powerful vehicle and treat it well. You won't be disappointed!