1994 Grand Voyager

1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager?

Still Going Strong At 284,000 Miles

by Chrysler Charlie from Georgetown, TX on Wed Dec 29 2010

I bought my 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager new in January 1994, and am still driving it daily. The original engine is still going strong, does not use oil, easily passes annual emission checks, and has plenty of power. The exterior paint has shown some deterioration, but a $35 can of auto paint and a little prep work took care of that easily. The weakest part of the vehicle has been the transmission, which I have had to have rebuilt once and replaced twice in the 284,000 miles. That's about 95,000 miles per transmission, and the third one was just put in, so the average will go up as I add more miles driven. This '94 Plymouth Grand Voyager has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned in 52 years as a car owner.

Most Reliable VAN I've Owned.

by STY - VAN ENTHUSIAST from WASHINGTON DC on Fri Apr 04 2008

I HAVE OWNED 3 DIFFERENT MODELS ( THE 1984 DODGE CARAVAN LE, THE 1990 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY AND THE 2002 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN SE. ) I CAN SAY I GOT HOOKED AFTER OWNING THE FIRST OF THEM. THE WAY THEY DROVE ( VERY MUCH LIKE A CAR ) IN THE CITY AND ON LONG TRIPS WAS PHENOMENAL. THE MILEAGE WAS ALSO VERY GOOD. IF YOU LOOK AFTER THE VEHICLE - FOLLOWING THE RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE SCHEDULES THESE VEHICLES ARE MEANT TO LAST FOR A LONG TIME. THIS VEHICLE SOLD IN HUGE NUMBERS AND BROUGHT IN A LOT OF MONEY FOR CHRYLSER / DODGE. I WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMMEND THE VEHICLE TO ANYBODY. MAKE SURE THE VAN IS IN GOOD SHAPE, DRIVES WELL AND LASTLY PUT A POWERTRAIN WARRANTY ON THE VAN JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.

good van

by suey from Connecticut on Wed Jan 12 2011

I purchased this van in September after my husbands truck blew a motor and we needed something cheap for him to get back and forth to work. It is loaded with features and has been very reliable so far. We have only had to replace the brakes. It has a nice ride and is comfortable and roomy. I would recommend it to anyone! It has 186,000 miles on it and shows no sign of slowing down.

Very worthwhile for the money

by Van man from St. Louis on Mon Feb 02 2009

We bought this car with 150,000 miles and only intended to use it for less than a year until we could afford something better. We ended up loving it!! 40,000+ miles later, we have replaced the brakes once, made regular oil changes, it leaks a little oil, but not bad. There was a computer malfunction and the radio/clock doesn't work, but for us this isn't a problem anyway. This van hasn't needed much in the way of extra care for maintenance AT ALL. It is extremely reliable...why this company went out of business is beyond me. I am very seriously considering upgrading to a newer model for a few more modern convienences. It is kinda bare. Doesn't even have a cassette player. I wish they had a few more standard features, but all in all, I would buy and recommend to a friend.

Our Take on the 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager

(Transportation/Aug. 22), it was on the streets and hills of San Francisco, where we tested a '94 Dodge Grand Caravan LE with all-wheel drive.

Back in Chicagoland, the test vehicle was a '94 Plymouth Grand Voyager LE with all-wheel drive. Regardless of the name, Chrysler pulled out all the stops for the new model year to try to keep its title as market champ in the mini-van segment.

The '94s have standard driver- and passenger-side air bags; optional anti-lock brakes; optional child-safety seats with a rear tilt feature to keepthe child comfortable when he or she dozes off; a standard movable front passenger seat for forward or backward play to adjust the legroom (the seat had been stationary... Read More