1997 Plymouth Neon Consumer Reviews

Change Year
1997 Plymouth Neon
3.3
Average based on 4 reviews

Must be rich to buy this car

by from Joshua,TX. on August 15, 2007

My mother bought her neon in 97 and it has survived this long I don't know how. In the 10 years she has had it she has gone through 4 engines and busted lots of head gaskets. lots of radiators, my point is for the first approximatley 2 in a half years this car was great. It was even rode out of the show room. wont come to repo, they say its not worth it. thats bad. the worse part is you are thinking its just a lemon. -Its NOT. My brother is a mechanic and he has seen so many neons go through his shop all the time he now refuses to work on them. A friend of mine also owned one and dosent want it anymore.

Most reliable

by from Pittsfield Me on September 3, 2006

driving has been smooth so far. No major problems since I have owned the car. Getting about 32 miles per gallon with it.

Great to Drive!

by from Claverack, NY on June 19, 2006

This vehicle is a lot of fun to drive. It was well taken care of by the previous owner and the TLC is obvious! I believe this '97 Neon will sell quickly!

Can't Believe it's still going

by from Waterford, CT on March 8, 2016

I bought a 1997 Neon in 2002 as my first car and currently driving it today. It owes me nothing as it has been the best car! Granted I have put some work and money into it but not as much as some car owners have with their newer cars. In the past 14 years I've only replaced 2 radiators, valve gasket twice, regular maintenance services and full rear brake lines that rotted away due to New England's use of salt during the winter. It has out lived every car my family has owned in that time span.