1998 Plymouth Neon Consumer Reviews

3.5
Average based on 6 reviews

College Car

by from San Gabriel Valley, CA on June 24, 2010

I bought the Plymouth Neon Expresso right out of high school from a neighbor of mine and I used it throughout my college career. Aside from the head gasket blowing out at around 90k miles, and overheating when every so often, the car was been rather good to me. To the reviewer who said that this car was fun to shame better cars with, they are absolutely correct! This baby definitely has some pickup, and I would always blow some fancy fixed up Honda out of the water with my ugly, green, missing 3 hub caps machine!!

Loads of fun and reliable as any Corolla or Civic!

by from Maryland on June 5, 2009

I bought the 2-dr Expresso with 98,000 miles three years ago. Currently have over 135,000 miles. A/C leaked refrig from a loose service fitting, tightened it an A/C still blowing cold. No other work other than routine, high mileage servicing. Have made a few autocross runs and trips down the 1/4 mile drag strip pulling +7K RPM without any problems. A few squeaks and rattles, but everything works. It's a fun car to embarrass "better" cars with!

Not a bad car if cared for properly

by from Akron, Oh on February 9, 2007

car has 150,000 miles on it and the only thing i had to replace was the EGR valve, not one single problem other than that ever!!!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from on August 4, 2011

Most Reliable Car I've Owned and Affordable to repair, my real car is a 1965 mustang but I don't want to use it as a daily driver this car gets me to work and back affordably and safely it definitely gets the job done.

Piece of JUNK

by from Phoeni Arizona on September 13, 2006

So many mechanical breakdowns I shoulda bought a Lamborghini for the money. Starter, headgasket, water-pump, radiator, EGR... You name it ad it has gone wrong. BEWARE THE PLYMOUTH NEON!!!

awful first car.

by from va on July 26, 2008

i got this car used about 2 years ago and so far i have spent more money on repairs than the actual car itself. it has broken down on the interstate, hoses have rusted, my ac adaptor had to be replaced and my air conditioning STILL doesnt work!! i have taken it to the shop a few times and finally one of the workers there told me he had the same exact problems as me, especially with the ac adaptor except he replaced his twice and it still never worked, and he told me to sell it while i still could. i do NOT reccommend this car to anyone ESPECIALLY a college student who drives back and forth from home to school. i get nervous whenever i drive it