2001 Bonneville

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2001 Pontiac Bonneville?

old reliable

by tom from chicago,il. on Wed Jul 16 2008

I have had this sle for 3 years I am the second owner and I could not have been happier with the performance and low maint. costs. Have driven to Az. twice and it handled beautifully. I was getting 30 mpg on the open road . The car has always started and caused me very little grief. I have replaced brake pads and tires and kept the fluids changed through a Pontiac dealer.

A Great Car

by Young Driver from Philadelphia, PA on Sat May 31 2008

In the past couple years that I have owned the car, I have only had one problem with the car that required about $100 to repair. The car has been very reliable and I love to drive it. Another great thing about it is that it is a bigger sedan, has a big trunk, and a sporty appearence and feel. I love this car and would recommend it to everybody.

Best car I have ever had!

by luvmybonne from Wentzville, MO on Mon Sep 21 2009

My Bonneville SE currently has 256,000 miles and is still running strong. I have never had to do any engine work on it since I have owned it. I bought it brand new with 3 miles on it. I do keep it maintenanced regularly. I'm an insurance agent and have 3 other customers with same car all with mileage ranges from 420,000 mls to 250,000 mls!!! I don't know to many cars that will last that long.

GREAT CAR. POWERFUL, RELIABLE.

by I loved my Pontiacs from Cleveland,, OH on Sat Jul 30 2011

I got my 01 Pontiac Bonneville SE with 73,000 miles on it. It was a 1 owner car who kept it well maintained. No rust. Maintenance kept well. Only problem I had was the fuel gauge stopped working few weeks after I got it. I didnt mind since I just used the miles to calculate when I needed gas. I drove it until it had 125,250 miles then someone hit me from behind and it got totaled. Only thing during the 50k I had it was I had to replace the starter and the left rear window motor stopped working. Otherwise it got me to and fro. It was powerful in it's acceleration which was great. I felt safe driving in it too. Overall, good car.

Great all around car

by progers9119 from New England on Wed May 10 2017

GM 3800 V6 is among the most reliable engines ever built and it's been a joy to own. The Supercharged version is ultra reliable and has it's fair share of giddy-up - surely more than the average car on the road. The interior is advanced for the year and is both comfortable and ergonomic. Much more closely oriented towards comfort rather than sport. The exterior is love it or hate for most people. Overall profile, front and rear fascias of the SSEi are very good looking but has lower body cladding that looks alright but can come off as tacky. For the price point that most Bonnevilles are available for these days you are getting a lot of car for your money.

In the shop about every 4 months needing repair

by Kernel Klink from Roanoke, VA on Wed Feb 06 2008

Work needed: 1. steering column (3 times) 2. transmission (repaired once, but now slipping again) 3. anti freeze leak into engine 4. wheel bearings 5. front struts 6. rear window motors (2 times) 7. tie rods 8. air conditioning problems I got a great deal on the car, but the repair bill is huge. No wonder it has depreciated so much!!

Does not recommend this car!!

by Pontiac on Fri Dec 29 2017

This was a very reliable car for me. Had the "3800" engine. The interior started to fall apart and the body rusted out, long before any mechanical problems above normal wear and tear.

Our Take on the 2001 Pontiac Bonneville

Smooth ride and predictable, sure-footed handling that makes it a pleasure to head into and out of those twisting, winding roads just across the border in Cheddarland.

Plenty of power from the 3.8-liter, 205-h.p. V-6, yet still a most favorable 19 m.p.g. city/30 m.p.g. highway mileage rating.

Bonneville comes with smooth, well-cushioned, supportive seats that hold you in place for aggressive driving, though the seat-cushion bottom is a tad short for total thigh support on long cruises.

But, wow, does this car need plastic surgery! Bonneville was redesigned only a year ago, and the body isn't aging well.

Long one of our favorites for its sporty performance in a family-sedan package, the... Read More