2003 Pontiac Bonneville

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Detroit, Michigan on January 27, 2009

The Pontiac Bonneville has far exceeded all of my expectations. It's gas mileage has routinely been 30mpg or more (I do drive mostly highway). The Bonneville is far roomier that I thought it would be. It has a wide stance and drives very smooth (like a Cadillac); but then again, it is just like a Cadillac as they were both built down the same line at the GM Detroit Hamtramck Assembly plant (where the Cadillac DTS and Buick Lucerne are built).

My New "Old" 2003 Pontiac Bonneville

by from Endwell, NY on January 9, 2013

I just purchased this 10 year old 2003 Pontiac Bonneville, and it only had 9,282 miles on the odometer when I picked it up. Unbelievable find!! So far, I've put almost 2K miles on it and its been like driving a brand new car. No issues so far. This is the 4th Bonneville in the family since 1993 ... and all have been awesome cars. I know the 3800 engine is bulletproof ... but worry about some of the cheaper things GM is known to do and expect that some of those will fail over time. I have owned GM cars for years but my biggest beef with GM is that they go "cheap" on stuff that just shouldn't break. That's what happens when you get a car company run by Accountants. Hopefully this one will prove me wrong and I expect a number of years and miles out of this CREAMPUFF!!!

Great overall package

by from indiana on July 29, 2010

This car looks very sporty, provides a lot of space, smooth ride, handles well, with decent acceleration, while still getting decent gas mileage for a car of its size. I love this car.

Great Vehicle

by from NH on October 7, 2009

Bought this with about 26,000 miles on it in 2008 after my mechanic gave it a clean bill of health. Had it for 18 months and haven't spent anything on it except for gas and routine maintenance. I average 24 miles/gallon, but get 30 when I do all highway. That's 600 miles from one tankful on long drives, very impressive! Performance is great with a very comfortable ride and every feature you could want except a nav screen and an MP3 player. Handles well and looks great. Best car I've ever owned.

Great car, but the seat is killing me.

by from Iowa on December 19, 2006

I like everything about this car, but have bought a lumbar support for this car. My back has seen batter days. Seriously! I have been to the chiropractor several times, and if I don't get the lumbar pillow adjusted to the right spot I head back to the back cracker. Anybody else have this problem? I am 6' 4" and also wished the seat would move back farther.

Handling is poor in winter

by from Cleveland Oh on September 30, 2009

Love the car in the summer but hate it in the winter. Handles really bad in snow with the 17 in tires. Had to buy another car to drive in the snow.

Reliable until stuff starts braking!!!

by from St. Louis, MO on August 14, 2008

I've had to deal with blown head gaskets, multiple tranny leaks,and the traction control went out.

terrible car

by from NJ on July 9, 2012

Do your self a favor, dont bye a mid mileage B onneville, theyre the worst,very UNRELIABE !!!!! Buy A USED lEXUS oR BMW, gmc is the worst

Good First car, but so much maintenance

by from Columbus, Ohio on March 13, 2017

This was my first car and I loved the power/torque of the 3800. It is a smooth riding and handling car that is very spacious and comfortable. The trouble with this thing is that it was a maintenance nightmare. I'm a decent backyard mechanic and so I did almost all of it myself but it was at 147k miles when the transmission crapped out that this thing became a boat anchor.

Similar Models