2009 G6

2009 Pontiac G6

2009 Pontiac G6

4.4

Have you driven the 2009 Pontiac G6?

GREAT HANDLING & HIGHWAY MILEAGE, SPORTY 4 DOOR

by MRS. ROCKWORM from COLLINS, MO on Thu Apr 28 2011

THIS IS THE 4TH PONTIACT I'VE OWNED. I LOVE THEM!! THIS CAR HANDLES VERY WELL, ESPECIALLY IN WET OR SLICK CONDITIONS. IT GETS GREAT HIGHWAY FUEL MILEAGE, HOWEVER, THE CITY MILEAGE IS NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT. I HAVE THE OPTION OF USING FLEX FUEL, IT TYPICALLY CUTS MY FUEL MILEAGE BY ABOUT 5 MILES TO THE GALLON. THE INTERIOR IS VERY COMFORTABLE, I AM ABOUT 5 FOOT TALL AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM REACHING EVERYTHING COMFORTABLY, MY HUSBAND IS ALMOST 6 FOOT AND HE IS ALSO COMFORTABLE DRIVING OR RIDING IN IT. HE CAN EVEN SIT COMFORTABLY IN THE BACK SEAT! THE TRUNK IS SPACIOUS, THE BACK CENTER SEAT IS A LITTLE TOO NARROW FOR A CARSEAT TO EASILY FIT, HOWEVER THE SIDE SEATS ACCOMIDATE ONE JUST FINE. MY G6 IS A V6 GT AND IT HAS PLENTY OF GET UP AND GO EITHER FROM A COMPLETE STOP OR PULLING OUT TO PASS SOMEONE. OVER ALL, THIS IS A GREAT CAR! I LOVE MINE AND I'M HEART BROKEN THAT GM STOPPED PRODUCTION! I HOPE THIS HAS BEEN HELPFUL FOR ANYONE LOOKING AT A G6.

Best car I've owned

by love it from WI on Tue Jan 12 2010

Love, love, love my '09 Pontiac G6 Gt Coupe! Liked the look of it on the Internet and when I first saw it in person, I knew it was the one for me. I commute and put on over 20,000 miles per year. Driver seat has lumbar support and creates the most comfortable driving for me (I'm just over 5'.) Everything is within easy reach. Handles better than any other coupe that I've owned, especially considering northern Wisconsin winter driving conditions of snow, slush and ice. Would like a spoiler and a place for my purse inside, but a girl has to complain about something. Has all the bells and whistles and is a great drive.

Nice sports sedan

by Sad to see Pontiac brand die. from Kansas City, MO on Fri May 21 2010

Pontiac has continued the tradition of agressive exterior styling combined with a zippy engine and tight handling. I have owned both the Grand AM and Grand Prix models and the G6 is very comparable to a slightly smaller Grand AM. The 3.5L V6 in the GT model provides plenty of power and with the 4spd automatic with driver shift control this car is fun to drive. The G6 comes equiped with a nice set of features such as, On Star, tire preasure monitoring and remote start. So far I have found only a few cons. The front seats are very hard and uncomfortable. The interior styling especialy the look of the gauges is cheap looking. Bottom line is the G6 is a head turner and very enjoyable to drive.

Smooth & Sporty Ride!

by BlueBullet from Canada on Tue Aug 29 2017

I recently purchased a 2009 Pontiac G6 for a first car. I am in love with every aspect of the vehicle - from the way it handles to it's sporty character. Steering has a nice weight to it, the interior is simple but well laid out, brakes are firm, and the four cylinder has more than enough pep. Road noise is very minimal, and the car corners like it is on rails! Overall, the G6 is a very enjoyable car to drive. I feel very safe in this car, and would highly recommend it to anyone.

This car is one of the best values as a used car!!

by TimMiley from Wadsworth, Ohio on Fri Feb 06 2015

I like everything about the G6 and if you find a 2009 or 2010 with low mileage, buy iit and you just bought a future collector item!!!

good

by Hyrulien from Florida on Mon Sep 28 2009

overall needs more performance for money other then that great car. If potntiac super charged the gxp and gtp series of the G6 and kept the same price sales would have 3 folded on GTP and GXP and for the 3.5L and the 3.9L they should have had somwhere along 200hp for base model G6, 250HP for GT 3.5L, 260HP for 3.9L and 300HP for 3.6L GTP excentially a supercharged 3.9L thats my opinion on the matter but obviously, They did other wise i currently own a 2007 G6 GT 3.5L its an awsome car except for the power. when people think pontiac they think power, and affordability, gotta give the people what they want, Because honestly id trade all the chrome interior for 25HP increase, should have based it off the grand prixx performance whise. And now Pontiac is being discontinued and GM is forced to sell the Camaro at insanly low prices just to stay in buisness go figure somone messed up bad when deciding the G6's power

Great Car

by Charlie6 from SPOKANE WASHINGTON on Sun Aug 30 2015

IM TYPING IN CAPS FOR EASIER READABILITY...I BOUGHT THIS CAR BECAUSE I ALWAYS WANTED ONE. MINE IS A 2009 G6 GT 2-DOOR IT HAS 90000 MILES ON IT I PAID $7,999.00 FOR IT. SO FAR I LOVE THIS CAR GREAT HANDLING AROUND ALOT OF THE CURVY ROADS WE HAVE AROUND HERE. RIDE IS VERY COMFORTABLE, GOOD ROOM IN THE BACKS SEAT IT'S ACTUALLY USABLE AND PLENTY OF TRUNK SPACE. GREAT TORQUE AND HORSEPOWER FOR A 3.5 LITER ENGINE. TAKE ONE FOR A TEST DRIVE, I'M GUESSING THE 4 DOOR ISN'T MUCH DIFFERENT BUT I DONT KNOW.

Love the G6 convertible

by BuyAmericanIron from East Peoria, IL on Mon Aug 26 2013

We bought a 2009 G6 convertible for my wife with only 9500 miles in like new condition. When the folding hardtop is up, you would never know the car is a convertible. It is quiet and solid on the inside. When the top is down, the car is still solid with no squeaks or rattles. I would like to have a bit more power from the 3.9L, but she says it runs fine for her and since it is her car this will not be an issue. Overall it is a very nice car and one that I would recommend to a friend.

Another Solid Pontiac

by Tyler H from Iowa on Mon Sep 11 2017

This is my wife's third Pontiac. All have been really good to us. They have all been solid vehicles. The G6 was stylish and sporty. Very solid engine. Interior is sporty and had many nice features. I would choose this over many foreign sports cars any day. Minor complaints. I got about 18 mpg, I think this could be better, the vehicle had some blind spots, and the turning radius was not the best. Some issues I did have were the transmission went out at 80,000 miles and I did have to replace the headlight wiring harness which the dealer charged me 1k to fix. These where the major issues. Still a solid car, Pontiac has good products, I only think they went under because of poor management.

One of the better cars in owned.

by Abiaude from Fort Mill, Sc on Fri Jul 07 2017

The car meet my needs of getting me from point A to B. When I got the car I had issues but they were easy to fix and not expensive.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2009 Pontiac G6

In recent years, General Motors has proved it can build competitive cars — like the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu — that combine stylish design with good value and fuel efficiency. The 2009 Pontiac G6 midsize sedan rides on the same platform as the Malibu, and it's been Pontiac's best-selling car since it replaced the tired, plastic-clad Grand Am in 2005. It hasn't changed much since, though, and today it feels outdated in many ways, both when compared with its stablemates (including the Saturn Aura) and with competition outside GM.

The model reviewed here is a 2009 G6, but Pontiac recently introduced a refreshed G6 with exterior and interior upgrades, dubbed the 2009.5 and labeled the 2009 Pontiac... Read More