1993 Grand Am

1993 Pontiac Grand Am

4.5

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1993 Pontiac Grand Am?

DON'T GET RID OF IT

by pontiac fan from minburn on Tue Jan 20 2009

i got it with 50,000 miles on it and owned it for almost 12 years and still runs great...dispite the fact it has over 245,000 miles on the original 3.3 liter v-6 runs better than my other car...(1996 chevrolet lumina) saging a bit but with al of the miles still averages 27 plus mpg...terrific car...get the se 2 door coupe take care of it and it will take care of you...

Example of Why Pontiac Shouldn't Have Been Killed

by Slickstang from Utica, ny on Fri Sep 19 2014

My mother bought a 1993 Grand Am SE 4 Door sedan after owning a 1966 mustang for 30 years. This car was her's until she sold it to me. I not only drove this car in high school and college when i was home but I also drove it for 8 years for a sales position where I averaged between 1500 and 2000 miles per month. In Central NY driving this car I was never stuck in the snow, only was stuck on the side of the road once due to alternator dieing and enjoyed many opportunities to smoke unsuspecting Civic drivers off the line when they went up against the 300 series V6. I got better gas mileage in this 21 year old car than modern day sedans and compacts while knowing I had stability under me and power at my foot. This car is what American car producers and makers were proud of and I am proud to drive this car as my work vehicle today. Hopefully i can pass it down to another person who can continue the legacy of this great sedan for years to come. It is unfortunate that GM decided to discontinue the Pontiac brand as it was the heart and soul of the blue collar working person which left them with a quality piece of american nestalgia and pride for a median price. No haggling, No price gouging and styling you would expect from imports only. when this car leaves my driveway it will be a sad day for my family.

Shouldn't have sold it

by Misses His Pontiac from Ogden, UT on Thu Nov 01 2007

I wish I never sold my Grand-Am. It was a few years ago I sold it (2002). It had about 150 thousand miles and still ran good. Probably needed a thorough tune-up 'cause it was starting to run a little rough. Smooth ride, good power for the little 4-banger GT model with nice features.

Long Lasting

by BMWRL from Detroit, MI on Tue Mar 18 2008

Long lasting car 200,000 miles and the cars still runs awesome, so many features for 1993, easy to work on when there are problems with it and parts are very cheap.