1999 Grand Prix

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

$493 - $6,325  MSRP Range

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix?

2000GT What a Great Car

by JimG from Cleveland, OH on Wed Aug 17 2011

My wife originally bought our 2000 Grand Prix GT in 2002 with 28k on it. She wanted an SUV so I happily inherited it (We traded in my 2004 GTP for that SUV!!) I've been driving the 2000 GT for 4 years now and it has 176,000 miles and counting. We have religiously maintained this car and it has more than returned the favor. Although we've replaced wheel bearings, a couple power window motors, and a few other non-routine repairs, this car STILL runs great. GM did a great job with this 3.8 V6. It's a really comfortable car-my commute is 82 miles a day. I've owned a couple Nissans (240SX and Maxima) and a Chevy Lumina LTZ besides the 2004 GTP. From a maintenance cost perspective, my 2000 GT blew the others away. Repairs were needed less, and they were less expensive. Overall this may rival the Maxima for the best car I've owned. I'll probably trade it in soon for a newer upgrade, but someone is going to get a great old car that still looks pretty good. Believe me, if you're thinking about buying a new Cobalt or other small 4-door, do yourself a favor and check out a slightly used Grand Prix. You'll thank yourself later. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!

A PERFORMANCE BARGAIN!

by Car Buff from Rochester NY on Fri Mar 16 2012

These cars are great for anyone who appreciates a decidedly sporty vehicle that is also quite comfortable and practical. Four people can travel in exceptionally roomy comfort and the trunk is surprisingly large for those road trips you will want to take! For the price, I cannot imagine a car that s more fun to drive and has amenities like a good stereo, heads up display (available). It handles well and has very respectable acceleration. For those like me who want "more, the supercharger pulley can be swapped out fairly easily for a substantial power increase. All-in-all, a very fun car to own and drive!

Very enjoyable car to drive, Sleek and stylish.

by Yankee Transplant from Nashville, TN on Tue Nov 07 2006

Being the 10th car I've owned, I have to say I wish it could last forever. The Pontiac Gran Prix has been a pleasure to own and drive. I always felt safe that it would make it on a long haul trip with no worries. After 7 years of ownership, I never had any mechanical problems at all. Pontiac did an extremely good job building this car. The comfort and responsivenees rate high.

Grand Prix GT Coupe

by Motoring enthusiast from Des Moines, IA on Mon Apr 21 2014

This car is excellent. It's not expensive to maintain or own, the 3.8 V6 even without the supercharger has plenty of power. Definitely very fun to drive! Mine is getting close to 200k so I will have to start replacing struts and whatnot but that's typical with any high mileage car. Otherwise other than basic maintenance ive had no problem with this car. The only thing I don't like is the dashboard. It looks fine, but its made out of flimsy plastic that looks and feels cheap. Overall though, comfortable, looks good, and is fast and decent on gas. Would buy another any day!

This Car Rocks!!!

by d mack from Kansas City, MO on Sat Oct 20 2007

This car rocks! This is a great peformance car. The GTP can destroy 6 cylinder camaros and mustangs. Another plus is the insurance. When you buy a camaro or mustang you have to pay high insurance just because of the name; with a grand prix the insurance is reasonable. There are plenty of performance parts for those who are interested. The speedometer goes up to 110 mph but ive gotten mine up to 130mph; so that proves that they can fly. Only downsides are: no manual transmission option, and you will have to buy premium gas but its worth it. It has large interior space and trunk space. My friend who is 6-5 can drive it comfortably. Lots of trunk space, can fit a lot of luggage. The grand prix's are front wheel drive so it does well in the snow and on ice. I have a fairly steep hill and it takes a couple of minutes but my car always makes it up there. This is a great car and if you are looking for affordable performnace this is definately the best choice.

the most reliable car I've owned

by ar0driguez from Salina,KS on Thu Apr 27 2017

It the most reliable car I've owned because its a nice cheap sporty car that you can buy for cheap money. They can go up against V6 Camaros and mustangs.

1999 GRAND PRIX GT FOREVER

by PUNISHERGTO from Kansas on Sat May 03 2014

I bought my 1999 Grand Prix GT 3.8 (no supercharger) when it had 110,000 miles on it. It now has 275,000 miles on it & runs great! Body is a little bit rusted underneath (Nebraska/Kansas car) but engine/trans/heating/cooling all work great. Put a $100 AC compressor on it last year, it blows 36 degrees with an outside temp off 99. This car will never die, will still jump up on 100 mph like nothing, smooth as glass. 20 mpg city, 27-30 highway! It drives 70 miles a day no problems EVER. Yeah, it's that good!

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by CountryRose from West Valley Utah on Wed Sep 03 2014

I recently purchased a 99 Grand Prix GT and out of the 3 other cars I've owned (94 Saturn SL, 98 S-10, and a 98 Monte Carlo) this is the nicest car I have ever owned. With the recent passing of my beloved Monte Carlo due to an infamous Utah driver, I was looking for a car that would get up and go when I needed, cheap to maintain, reliable, and good on gas. Then I remembered my friend back home and remembered the only car he has ever owned was the Grand Prix GTP and after talking to him about it I settled for the GT instead (not wanting to pay for premium gas all the time) and I haven't regretted it since. It handles like a dream and it sounds so good even with stock exhaust and the heads up display? That is so freaking awesome! Makes driving so much safer since you're not looking at the speedometer every now and then. So if you're looking for a good reliable and safe car I would definately recommend this car

GM got this one right

by Primopackman from Middletown, CT on Fri Aug 01 2008

Bought used in an auction, I've put 128,00 mile on in the last 5 years. Love the interior space and except for replacing the brake lines, it's been just tires and oil changes. Stick to the road in corners, Heater/Air conditioner is marginal and the engine is lacking in spunk even though it's a 3.8l. However gas mileage is pretty good (consistently 23-24 town and 27 highway). Just put on new tires so I'm looking forward to at least a couple of more years.

Fantastic

by Bigman from Livermore Falls, ME on Sun May 18 2014

It has great power and is very reliable. Gas mileage is not great but it does have a V6 and needs it. I've had mine for about a year and definatly use it kinda hard and never had a problem. Great first car for and person.

1 2 3