1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

Great car

by from NORTH CAROLINA on August 30, 2017

Great for 1st time drivers or someone looking for a sporty car in very good condition. Everything works, new tires, new compressor, new brakes.

Best of the Best, Great looks, performance, Cost

by from South Carolina on August 2, 2017

We love this car, we have over 186,000 miles, the GTP Grand Prix model came fully loaded with every option including HUD and a factory supercharger. I have owned many cars and am also a car collector, this car has been the best car we have owned, super reliable with no problems and its going on 19 years old. Love it

this car has plenty of power, is dependable, and s

by from ozark,mo on August 1, 2017

This is a great car for the family and has all the power you need very stylish as well all around a very dependable car for the money

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great Value

by from Jasper, Alabama on June 18, 2017

I really liked my Grand Prix. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it sits so low to the ground. Going over high speed bumps or bumpy roads drags on the undercarriage.

the most reliable car I've owned

by from Salina,KS on April 27, 2017

It the most reliable car I've owned because its a nice cheap sporty car that you can buy for cheap money. They can go up against V6 Camaros and mustangs.

1999 Grand Prix GTP big punch lovely car

by from Burlington on March 26, 2017

What can i say about this car, I've owned my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP for a little over 4 years now and it's an amazing car, This car looks great and has a great interior design, the GTP comes with a massive Punch for the money, So much power you'll never need more! The engine holds up great if properly taken care of and the body will last a long time. There is just so much about this car i simply can't list everything, my personal favorites are the one of a kind Heads up display showing your speed,ratio and signals right in front of you on the windshield. The driver heated seat comes in great on those cold days. The two position sun roof is a wonderful added piece to this car making it look even better and a nice view of the sky. This car loves the highway, Get it in 4th gear and cruise all day long on the highway with good gas mileage and a very comfortable seating in both the front and rear of the car. One thing that's great about this car is it comes with a nice wide car center that tells you things like oil life,gas used, MI/KM left in the tank and projected fuel economy. As well as letting you know if any door,hood or trunk is ajar. And for those who have the GTP a nice sporty boost meter to let you know how much the supercharger is effecting the engine. I believe this car was ahead of it's time back in 1999-2003 with all the great add ons and features. I currently have 150km on mine and it's running strong! Now time to talk about the bad things about this car, GM didn't do a great job at protecting the running boards/pinch welds on both sides of the car, They didn't put any protection or guards to protect the running boards or pitch welds from dirt/salt/road soot from entering into these under parts of the car. over time the wheels will kick enough of this stuff down there that they will rust away and destroy them. If caught early(good luck) or taken care of there really aren't any things to worry about over then you won't be able to jack the car up on these if they are rusted away. make sure to catch this problem early and do everything you can to preserve them. This accounts for all Grand Prixs SE/GT/GTP . Also make sure to check to see if your Grand prix had it's front valve cover and valve cover gasket replaced by your GM dealer. If this car is taken well care of it can easily last over 10 years. I plan to drive mine for many many more years.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by from West Valley Utah on September 3, 2014

I recently purchased a 99 Grand Prix GT and out of the 3 other cars I've owned (94 Saturn SL, 98 S-10, and a 98 Monte Carlo) this is the nicest car I have ever owned. With the recent passing of my beloved Monte Carlo due to an infamous Utah driver, I was looking for a car that would get up and go when I needed, cheap to maintain, reliable, and good on gas. Then I remembered my friend back home and remembered the only car he has ever owned was the Grand Prix GTP and after talking to him about it I settled for the GT instead (not wanting to pay for premium gas all the time) and I haven't regretted it since. It handles like a dream and it sounds so good even with stock exhaust and the heads up display? That is so freaking awesome! Makes driving so much safer since you're not looking at the speedometer every now and then. So if you're looking for a good reliable and safe car I would definately recommend this car

Fantastic

by from Livermore Falls, ME on May 18, 2014

It has great power and is very reliable. Gas mileage is not great but it does have a V6 and needs it. I've had mine for about a year and definatly use it kinda hard and never had a problem. Great first car for and person.

1999 GRAND PRIX GT FOREVER

by from Kansas on May 3, 2014

I bought my 1999 Grand Prix GT 3.8 (no supercharger) when it had 110,000 miles on it. It now has 275,000 miles on it & runs great! Body is a little bit rusted underneath (Nebraska/Kansas car) but engine/trans/heating/cooling all work great. Put a $100 AC compressor on it last year, it blows 36 degrees with an outside temp off 99. This car will never die, will still jump up on 100 mph like nothing, smooth as glass. 20 mpg city, 27-30 highway! It drives 70 miles a day no problems EVER. Yeah, it's that good!

Grand Prix GT Coupe

by from Des Moines, IA on April 21, 2014

This car is excellent. It's not expensive to maintain or own, the 3.8 V6 even without the supercharger has plenty of power. Definitely very fun to drive! Mine is getting close to 200k so I will have to start replacing struts and whatnot but that's typical with any high mileage car. Otherwise other than basic maintenance ive had no problem with this car. The only thing I don't like is the dashboard. It looks fine, but its made out of flimsy plastic that looks and feels cheap. Overall though, comfortable, looks good, and is fast and decent on gas. Would buy another any day!