2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

best car I've owned

by from Annapolis, MD on April 7, 2010

I love my Grand Prix GT. It has great acceleration and handling, and looks nice too. Very reliable, no problems with it. I love the automatic headlights and the steering wheel controls. I would like for the seat to come up higher, but for normal height people it is fine. I also like how the doors wait a few seconds before they lock in case you leave something in the car (keys?!) and realize it right away. Great car overall, wish they still made Grand Prix, I would definitely get another one in the future.

Happy Grand Prix Owner

by from Fort Wayne, IN on July 28, 2006

I bought a 2001 Grand Prix GTP and it was one of the best car purchases of my life. It had more power than any car that I had ever purchased - but also netted the best gas milage of any car I ever owned - a really nice plus. I love opening up the Moon Roof/Sunroof and letting the breeze blow through the car while taking a few turns well under control. For the money - I think it is the best sports car on the market. The interior is detailed and something you feel comfortable taking to the country club too.

AMAZING American Car

by from Chicago, IL on August 20, 2006

I have a Red 3.8L 2001 Grand Prix GT 2DR. I must say that I absolutely love this car. It has never ever had any problems with it. I wash it at least twice a week because the sport red looks so amazing after a wash. This car is a million times more comfortable to drive than any other car ive been in. The coupe has much more room, so if comfort is a big deal for you, get the 2DR Grand Prix. Also if you love power you gotta get the GT. The car is really fast, maybe too fast for me because i get worse gas milage because of the way i drive ;) . If your looking to buy a good sports car but still want to save some money, DEFINETLY go with a Grand Prix GT (i HIGHLY recommend the 2DR). BUY A QUALITY AMERICAN CAR!

grand prix GT

by from sacramento,CA on October 24, 2011

This is my third Grand Prix very reliable car and fun to drive. The GT is a little nicer than an SE. Although they are both nice cars.

BEST CAR EVER

by from on July 19, 2011

BOUGHT ONE WITH 145,000 THREE YEARS AGO AND NOW HAS 180,000 WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. ALL IVE DONE IS OIL CHANGES, TUNE UPS, AND BRAKES. I WOULD RECOMMED THIS CAR TO ANYONE WHO WANTS A RELIABLE CAR

1997-2002 Grand Prix GT's and GTP's

by from Sactown, CA on October 5, 2010

The only way to understand how great this car is, DRIVE IT! I grew up in my teenage years with a 1997 GTP (supercharged) sedan. Comfortable and fun to ride in, but you always feel safe. Gas efficiency combined with 240hp is second to none. Easy to do mechanic work on. Nothing bad to say. I now own a 2001 GT because I have been attached for so long. GREAT AMERICAN MUSCLE but will make you feel like Rockefeller.

I LOVE IT!

by from Fargo, ND on February 9, 2012

I have to say this is my first Pontiac I have ever owned. I love it! It is a well built car, the engine is laid out nice (no need to remove manifolds, etc..to change spark plugs) It handles well, amazing how sturdy of built car this really is. Pontiac should never have let "new" management get involved. When the started building the G6 lines it all went to heck. This is the best car of all that I have ever owned. We bought this used, 153200 miles on it. We have been going strong 36000 miles later and no problems of late. Keep care of this car and it will take care of you!

2001 pontiac grand prix

by from Knoxville TN on February 22, 2015

This is an amazing car I would definitely recommend it to all buyers across the country! When I first saw the car it was very appealing and gets great gas mileage. These cars are awesome!

It was A Great Car

by from Myrtle Beach, SC on July 23, 2013

My Grand Prix GT was an awesome car. Loved all of the features, engine was tried and true. Too bad a girl decided to take a right turn from the left lane in front of me which totaled it. Of course, it was totaled only due to the fact that it was a 2001, and the front wheel was bent from the crash. However, to T-bone a car while going 35-40 miles an hour and walk away under my own power is pretty awesome. All in all, I had 3 wrecks in this car where people didn't realize that the horn that I was blowing was meant for them. All three times, my Grand Prix held up very well and protected me.

GREAT CAR

by from markesan,wi. on July 4, 2011

pontiac grandprix se is a great car, easy on looks and fuel . 6cy.3.1 28mpg. on avg. great family car for trips.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix