2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

Best first car

by from PA on July 24, 2017

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Coupe Special Edition; bought in spring of 2015 with just over 29,000 miles and I've put almost 8,000 miles on it so far. This is a great car for me because it has lots of space, it's not racecar quick but it's quick enough, it's good looking, sounds great even with stock exhaust, and have had no reliability issues. Gas mileage leaves something to be desired (avg 16 mpg) but it's good enough I suppose. Overall fun car with good handling, and if kept clean, will impress people with its age.

Relaible for you

by from MUSKEGON on May 13, 2017

Drove it to work on highway.. Great on gas. Second grand Prix but want something different. For a person who is looking get a hold of me.. Asap need gone

Unreliable and a waste of money

by from Indianapolis, IN on May 7, 2017

I own one of these vehicles and I am ashamed to admit it. Not only did this vehicle rust, leak fluids, Leak water, crack, and mold. It threw a transmission and engine at the 101K mile mark going 85 MPH down the highway. I only kept it because it was my fathers. I am calling the junkyard to come and get it tomorrow. Don't buy this!

Great first car

by from on April 28, 2017

I have a 2001 Grand Prix Coupe, its a great car. Its sporty, reliable, and although mine didn't come with the Bose sound system, it still rocks! I definitely recommend this car.

Most Reliable V6 I've Ever Driven

by from on April 24, 2017

My 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix is super reliable when it comes to performance. It is great for commuting, transporting family, as well as joy riding. I have outrun mustangs in this thing and it can easily keep up with a heavy footed driver.

2001 pontiac grand prix

by from Knoxville TN on February 22, 2015

This is an amazing car I would definitely recommend it to all buyers across the country! When I first saw the car it was very appealing and gets great gas mileage. These cars are awesome!

It was A Great Car

by from Myrtle Beach, SC on July 23, 2013

My Grand Prix GT was an awesome car. Loved all of the features, engine was tried and true. Too bad a girl decided to take a right turn from the left lane in front of me which totaled it. Of course, it was totaled only due to the fact that it was a 2001, and the front wheel was bent from the crash. However, to T-bone a car while going 35-40 miles an hour and walk away under my own power is pretty awesome. All in all, I had 3 wrecks in this car where people didn't realize that the horn that I was blowing was meant for them. All three times, my Grand Prix held up very well and protected me.

pirxx

by from Syracuse, NY on May 17, 2013

by far the best car i have ever owned. intake manifold is the only problem with this car along with the brakes. that might just be because of the way i drive it tho haha. it has the perfect balance or fuel economy with enough power with the gtp/gxp to blow the doors off any ricer in your local town. got to love the pontiac they should have never stopped making them.

I LOVE IT!

by from Fargo, ND on February 9, 2012

I have to say this is my first Pontiac I have ever owned. I love it! It is a well built car, the engine is laid out nice (no need to remove manifolds, etc..to change spark plugs) It handles well, amazing how sturdy of built car this really is. Pontiac should never have let "new" management get involved. When the started building the G6 lines it all went to heck. This is the best car of all that I have ever owned. We bought this used, 153200 miles on it. We have been going strong 36000 miles later and no problems of late. Keep care of this car and it will take care of you!

grand prix GT

by from sacramento,CA on October 24, 2011

This is my third Grand Prix very reliable car and fun to drive. The GT is a little nicer than an SE. Although they are both nice cars.

Our Expert Review: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix