2001 Grand Prix

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

4.3

Have You Driven the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix?

best car I've owned

by il0vellamas from Annapolis, MD on Wed Apr 07 2010

I love my Grand Prix GT. It has great acceleration and handling, and looks nice too. Very reliable, no problems with it. I love the automatic headlights and the steering wheel controls. I would like for the seat to come up higher, but for normal height people it is fine. I also like how the doors wait a few seconds before they lock in case you leave something in the car (keys?!) and realize it right away. Great car overall, wish they still made Grand Prix, I would definitely get another one in the future.

Happy Grand Prix Owner

by Happy Grand Prix Owner from Fort Wayne, IN on Fri Jul 28 2006

I bought a 2001 Grand Prix GTP and it was one of the best car purchases of my life. It had more power than any car that I had ever purchased - but also netted the best gas milage of any car I ever owned - a really nice plus. I love opening up the Moon Roof/Sunroof and letting the breeze blow through the car while taking a few turns well under control. For the money - I think it is the best sports car on the market. The interior is detailed and something you feel comfortable taking to the country club too.

AMAZING American Car

by gromo from Chicago, IL on Sun Aug 20 2006

I have a Red 3.8L 2001 Grand Prix GT 2DR. I must say that I absolutely love this car. It has never ever had any problems with it. I wash it at least twice a week because the sport red looks so amazing after a wash. This car is a million times more comfortable to drive than any other car ive been in. The coupe has much more room, so if comfort is a big deal for you, get the 2DR Grand Prix. Also if you love power you gotta get the GT. The car is really fast, maybe too fast for me because i get worse gas milage because of the way i drive ;) . If your looking to buy a good sports car but still want to save some money, DEFINETLY go with a Grand Prix GT (i HIGHLY recommend the 2DR). BUY A QUALITY AMERICAN CAR!

GREAT CAR

by PAPABULL2 from markesan,wi. on Mon Jul 04 2011

pontiac grandprix se is a great car, easy on looks and fuel . 6cy.3.1 28mpg. on avg. great family car for trips.

1997-2002 Grand Prix GT's and GTP's

by GRAND PRIX ENTHUSIAST from Sactown, CA on Tue Oct 05 2010

The only way to understand how great this car is, DRIVE IT! I grew up in my teenage years with a 1997 GTP (supercharged) sedan. Comfortable and fun to ride in, but you always feel safe. Gas efficiency combined with 240hp is second to none. Easy to do mechanic work on. Nothing bad to say. I now own a 2001 GT because I have been attached for so long. GREAT AMERICAN MUSCLE but will make you feel like Rockefeller.

BEST CAR EVER

by LUIS from on Tue Jul 19 2011

BOUGHT ONE WITH 145,000 THREE YEARS AGO AND NOW HAS 180,000 WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. ALL IVE DONE IS OIL CHANGES, TUNE UPS, AND BRAKES. I WOULD RECOMMED THIS CAR TO ANYONE WHO WANTS A RELIABLE CAR

grand prix GT

by grand prix lover from sacramento,CA on Mon Oct 24 2011

This is my third Grand Prix very reliable car and fun to drive. The GT is a little nicer than an SE. Although they are both nice cars.

2001 pontiac grand prix

by brandonr230 from Knoxville TN on Sun Feb 22 2015

This is an amazing car I would definitely recommend it to all buyers across the country! When I first saw the car it was very appealing and gets great gas mileage. These cars are awesome!

It was A Great Car

by Sad Former Grand Prix Owner from Myrtle Beach, SC on Tue Jul 23 2013

My Grand Prix GT was an awesome car. Loved all of the features, engine was tried and true. Too bad a girl decided to take a right turn from the left lane in front of me which totaled it. Of course, it was totaled only due to the fact that it was a 2001, and the front wheel was bent from the crash. However, to T-bone a car while going 35-40 miles an hour and walk away under my own power is pretty awesome. All in all, I had 3 wrecks in this car where people didn't realize that the horn that I was blowing was meant for them. All three times, my Grand Prix held up very well and protected me.

I LOVE IT!

by Snoobs from Fargo, ND on Thu Feb 09 2012

I have to say this is my first Pontiac I have ever owned. I love it! It is a well built car, the engine is laid out nice (no need to remove manifolds, etc..to change spark plugs) It handles well, amazing how sturdy of built car this really is. Pontiac should never have let "new" management get involved. When the started building the G6 lines it all went to heck. This is the best car of all that I have ever owned. We bought this used, 153200 miles on it. We have been going strong 36000 miles later and no problems of late. Keep care of this car and it will take care of you!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

If traffic cones had lawyers, I'd be writing this from debtor's prison. I hit many of those orange markers here during an advanced driver education course conducted by International Training Inc.

ITI normally trains government intelligence and law enforcement agents. But I attended a class for high school students and others who want, or need, a refresher course in vehicle dynamics and defensive driving.

The company uses midsize, front-wheel-drive Pontiac Grand Prix GT sedans for civilian instruction. But police who train here often use full-size, rear-wheel-drive Ford Crown Victoria sedans, which are favored by police departments nationwide.

I wanted to be like the police. I... Read More