2002 Grand Prix

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

4.4

Have You Driven the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix?

Awesome Ride

by BrownEyes from New Brunswick on Fri Aug 27 2010

I have owned my 2002 Grand Prix GTP for going on 4 years. I love it. I have had to fix small things like converter, replace headlights but they are cheap, my mechanic suggested drilling a tiny hole in the cover to let condensation out, have to do this. Great mileage, performs well. I enjoy driving this car every single day to work and travelling.

Simply Reliable

by Pontiac #1 from NY on Mon Apr 06 2009

I've had a 1994 Pontiac Grand prix but I sold it because I wanted a 4-door vehicle. Well I bought a 1998 Jeep Wrangler and was not satisfied with it so I sold that and bought myself a 2002 white Pontiac Grand prix sedan and I love every inch of it. i've owned this car for about 4 months now and my only problem is that the 'low oil light' goes on when im on a hill but I checked the oil and it's fine so I think the light has a problem. other than that i recommend this vehicle to anybody!

Nicest car I've ever owned

by Jazzy from Fishers, IN on Sat Feb 24 2007

Just two days ago I bought my 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. It is fully loaded but more important than that, I feel safe driving my family in it. It has many safety features that help the driver so he/she never has to take his/her eyes off the road. One feature that I'm especially happy with is the mph/radio readout right on your windshield. This reflection shows the miles per hour that you are driving and what radio station you are on so that you never have to look away from the road. Also, the radio controls are right on the steering wheel so you never have to reach away. In addition to these safety features, the Grand Prix has leather interior with a heated driver's seat for those of us who don't like cold buns in the winter. It also has a sunroof and cd/fm/am/casset player. I am very happy with my car and I think you would be too if you bought a Pontiac Grand Prix GT!

Great car great gas mileage

by Just a driver from Manitoba, Canada on Sat Feb 10 2007

I bought this car used and was very pleased with it right from the start. It handles well although the heavy steering at low speed to a little time to get used too. I have driven this car for ten hours a day and never got uncomfortable in the seat. I like the trunk size and the pass through seat in the rear.I have only one complaint and that is one hot days in stop and start conditions the car is hard to start.

must reliable car i've owned

by mr kenwood from s.w. florida on Mon Oct 08 2007

After driving it for 3 1/2 years it is one of the best pontiacs i have ever driven (2002 grand prix) and i have owned a 1978,1979 boneville a 1981 grand prix,a 1993 grand prix and grand am,a 1984 fiero,a 1998 boneville , 2 diferent 1985 trans am one with a dual carburator and one with twin port injection.

Chose It Over A Cadillac

by Jonboy from Portland, ME on Wed Apr 04 2007

Very reliable, Sporty car when well kept turns heads. I got the red two door GT used from a used car dealership. I saw the car and fell head over heals for it. I chose this car over a 98 Cadillac STS for economical reasons. The Pontiac gets about 20 mpg city and high 20s highway. the cadillac had the big northstar V8 that a college student could not afford to keep the gas in.

fast car

by car guy from warren mi on Thu Jul 07 2011

i can peel out easly in this car and it easly beats my freinds mustang gt this car has the most horsepower for the money I have a red two door gtp and the ride quality is good it is a sports car so its going to be a little stiffer suspision for the sharp turns i had a 99 gtp red two door it had an engine fire and i had full coverage so i baught this 02 grnad prix and hadent had a single problem yet this car is great for a young person and handling is good and the leather seats hold up nicely the seats feel good they hold you in place and the car has alot of trunk space

great car

by john.g from ct on Sun Dec 09 2012

Nice one owner car low miles 86.00fo00 runs great good gas milage for big sedan.clean car well kept tires fairly new.

2002 GTP 2 Door

by tallguy66 from Chicago on Tue Feb 16 2010

I bought this car new and it's still my daily driver. I lightly modified the car the 1st year I owned it, 2.4 pulley, CAI, Plugs, Shift kit, exhaust, HPTuner custom tune. The car runs very strong and is a blast to drive for a big car. I average 17 city and high 20's highway still with mods and moderately aggressive tune and driving habits. However it has it's problems & issues. The problematic plastic upper and lower intake manifold gaskets went bad at 55k which I replaced for 200 bucks saving close to $1000 the dealer would have charged. I had the trans replaced but that was from me beating on it but its the weak link in the drive train. Last year my keys got stuck in the ignition and wouldn't rotate. Fixed that too but it took some research on the net to do so. At the end of the day I still love this big fast American made car and it still make people smile when the supercharger starts whining and the car starts flying.

02 Grand Prix GT, great car

by bingo from new london, wi on Fri Apr 29 2011

Have owned and worked on many cars, this is a great car for the money. I get about 27- 32 mpg and do mostly 45-55 mph driving. the down fall is tht the upper intakes leak on the GT, which is an easy fix if you take your time. there are other small things but over all I feel that it is a very reliable car, having a 3.8 liter with approx. 200 horses isnt bad either hope if you get one, you enjoy it as much as I do mine

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

Mama always said better to stay quiet than to speak out if you can say naught but ill . . . good advice, along with the other wise abjuration that it's as easy to fall in love with a rich girl as a poor one.

Struck out terribly on the latter, and have honored the former more in the breach than observance. But by way of turning my life around, let me say this about the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP I tested earlier this year: It had a really swell Bose radio, and I do like General Motors' head-up display that flashes speed and other data onto the windshield.

Look, the Grand Prix debuted in 1997 - last millennium, for heaven's sake - and it shows. Thankfully, a replacement is on the way, and I'm not going... Read More