2005 Pontiac Gto

Best bang for buck

by from Indianapolis IN on September 6, 2017

I bought my GTO new in 2006 and just sold it a week ago - owned for 11 years and 98,000 miles. Only major problem ever was a crack in the radiator. That was a common problem for them. I replaced it with an all aluminum radiator and never another problem. One of the most reliable cars I ever owned. As far as performance - you couldn't beat it in that price range. A Corvette drivetrain and refined suspension plus great braking for about $30,000. Today you can get one around $10,000 and if it was well maintained you are still getting a steal. Looks department - I was still getting compliments 11 years later. They did a great job making in my opinion one of the best looking 4-seat sports coupes ever. It looked like it wanted to go 100 miles an hour when it was standing still. Not a bad viewing angle from any direction. Overall I would have to say it was probably my favorite car I ever owned and I have had Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs and even a couple of imports like an RX-7 twin turbo. I would have kept it, but hey, life changes. If you are interested in one of these, you will not be disappointed in pulling the trigger and putting one in your garage.

Favorite car I've ever owned!!!

by from Elyria, ohio on August 16, 2017

Most bang for your buck!!! Fast and fun to drive and a car you don't see every day!!!from day one I knew this car was for me!! 400 hp, loud exhaust and hugs the turns! Love it!!

Uses car for Havingfun

Best bang for the buck! Great performance!

by from San Francisco, CA on July 9, 2017

These modern muscle cars are awesome, especially for a gear head. The LS powered motors are super reliable and seem to be bullet proof!

HOT CAR!

by from Orlando, FL on June 22, 2017

A chameleon, GTO is a hot rod, show car, great 4 bucket seats, last of the manual transmissions and can be everyday reliable transportation that can be maintained by anyone anywhere.

Last of the Low Tech HIGH HP Modern Muscle Car.

by from Chicago, il on April 1, 2017

This car has a simple traction control button and that is it aside from a drive by wire throttle...there is little tech in these cars in comparison with any newer muscle cars of today. The simple design makes these high HP Modern Feeling Muscle Cars the last of their type. With the unique story behind the legendary name GTO regardless of what happened with the limited production of these cars in the US it will only render them more desired in the future. Over all I have had many cars this will for sure go down in history. Its fun fast and has luxury. The power they have with the size tires that comes on them is shocking. Great car over all. Not common to see on the road as many are being wrecked or modified in todays fast paced world. 100% Buy one. way cooler then a challenger, mustang or camaro. You will not see these around for long at affordable prices.

Lutos

by from Tampa,FL on August 3, 2014

i brought this gto in 7/12/2014 from dodge chrysler and it was LEMON its been a month and still in the shop,it last me 1 day of driving it and broke down 8/2/2014 and still broke ,gto is not a bad car ,just careful who you buy it from,i went too a dealership in Brandon,Fl too buy my GTO instead of buy here pay here and still ened with a LEMON

JVP

by from on August 14, 2013

Have had other GM classic cars and now also have a current GTO. This vintage GTO would be the tops for performance and style.

A unique blend of performance & comfort.

by from Orlando FL on August 12, 2013

Purchased new in '05, it now has 36k miles. In 8yrs it has never needed a repair. The interior is amazing. The most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. The quality of all the materials is outstanding. The ride on the highway is soft & smooth, it idles at highway speeds. The cockpit is very quiet, the car feels expensive. For better handling, there are now reasonably priced kits to firm things up. Think of it as an executive's car with a 400/400 hp/tq engine & 6 speed manual, The brakes are strong and fade free on the street. I never tire of it, I love opening the garage & seeing those big tailpipes. I added a high quality sound system. The only performance mods are a Lingenfelter CAI, JBA headers & high flow cats, a 3" Magnaflow exhaust that is quieter than the stock exhaust below 3k rpm. A dyno tune for sea level makes 365hp to the rear wheels. It's perfect for me & I am keeping this one.

Bought the car as a retirement gift to myself

by from LAPORTE TX on March 20, 2013

After a year of research I purchased a 2005 gto with 35k miles on the vehicle. The car is very clean and a pure joy to drive. The suspension issues are well documented on the internet forums. I have had the vehicle for about three months and have been approached a number of times by persons wanting to buy the vehicle. IT is not for sale! It is the phantom black, auto, 18 inch wheels AWESOME CAR

Great Car

by from Boston on February 3, 2013

I have owned my '05 with a 6 speed manual for 2.5 years. The engine is fantastic. Very smooth and very strong. Car does not handle/corner very well, but it is very comfortable and has a big back seat that even people over 6 feet tall are comfortable in. (ie. great for kids, even with the 2 doors) The GTO is much more of a muscle car than sports car, but always fun to run thru the gears and you can throw it around a turn if you want to, but don't expect it to hold a turn like a true sports car or even the modern Camaro or Mustang. That said, the engine is so great that I can't say enough about it. It is smooth from 1,000 rpm to 6,000 rpm and you can keep it in 1st gear up to 45 mph and cruise in 1st at 35 and the car seems very happy to do it. I'm very attached this car and plan to keep it for a very long time...