3.3
Average based on 14 reviews

Great family van

by from Nebraska on July 21, 2010

Owned this van for 5 years now. After reading previous posts, I have had to replace the front sway bars, also the breaks at 40K. Tires at 50K. Of course I drive it like a truck at times and not a mini-van, plus live near gravel roads, so I anticipated the upkeep I have experienced. Overall this has been a GREAT van for me and my family. No problems hauling the kids or my wood projects. Kept it clean with two kids, normal stains and wear and tear after 5 years, but it still cleans up nicely. I have also experienced the "hard starts". Was told by GM same as everyone else. And listening to other GM cards starting in parking lots, it appears this is a "normal" GM occurence. Never was unable to start the van. On cross-country trips, had no problems with comfort. Family always was confortable, and the kids loved the DVD player. I would recomend this van to anyone looking to get a mini-van.

I like my minivan vey much

by from MD on June 24, 2013

I bought a 05 montana sv6 a year ago, it drives perfect, no problem at all, it is strong and kids like the DVD, we all like this van, it is all wheel drive, I dont worry about the snow time.

Fine Mini Put 140,000 miles on it.

by from St.Louis Mo. on January 30, 2013

Put 140,000 mile on this van and an still driving it every day. It was hard on the first set of front brakes and rotors but replaced them at 52,000 and had no other problems.

Pritchie's Pontiac

by from Marion NC on September 10, 2010

Overall very satisfied with the car. Ergonomics of the driver's seat leaves something to be desired. Armrest is too low, doesn't support my arm at all. Seems to be made for shorter people. I'm a six-footer. Engine is powerful and responsive but has a real task in hauling around this 3500 pound vehicle.

Love My Montana

by from Harrisburg, PA on January 23, 2015

I have a 2005 Pontiac Montana and it is still going strong in 2015! Very durable car, I kept it maintained mechanically with the oil changes and obvious wear and tear on it but I have had NO engin or Transmission problems to date. We purchased this van used in 2007 and have been nothing but pleased, 3 kids and all.

WOW

by from Stanley, NY on April 13, 2007

I drove a 2006 Dodge Grand caravan and then 2 montanas sv6 and they certainly out do the caravan by far in comfort handling, everything all the way around Great Van!!

very nice family car for money

by from tx on December 2, 2006

i got the car for my wife and three kids we are always on the go it is very comfortable and gets us there in style we got it used and do not regret the purchase i love it and my wife loves it more it has great pickup and good gas milage i cant get enough of it

The worst vehicle we have owned

by from ON on April 30, 2008

We bought this van new, and from the first week we had it, we had problems. The horn would not work, so it was replaced, the sway bar was replaced. It took three turns to get the engine fired up , took it to the shop they said it was supposed to hard start. The sliding door either refuses to close or reopens when closed. Replaced the front brakes and had to resurface the rotors at 40,000 kms. The rear back windows have to be manually closed. The cd player refuse to go past the 7th track. The info button on the radio works periodically. The seats are uncomfortable. And the list goes on!!!!

The worst

by from Connecticut on August 14, 2009

-cloth seats stain badly with just water -both front sway bar links fell off -battery at 60K miles -front brakes and rotors(warped badly) -sliding rear doors quit-pulled the fuses -rear seat removal will give you a groin problem -steering wheel radio controls quit -emergency brake linkage got loose -underpowered 3.5 V6- have to pull it out of overdrive constantly -doubt the xmission will go 100K miles

Uses car for Towing

Basic Minivan

by from Downriver, MI on September 3, 2010

Decent minivan the best thing is the price. Don't expect a world class van. If you're set on GM products get an Uplander or Terraza and get the 3.9 engine, the 3.5 is underpowered. Cons: Not much storage space in both the front (there's no console and small glovebox) and very small cargo area (door intrudes on what looks to be usable space).