2013 Ram 1500

All Reviews

by from New England on February 12, 2013

I test drove and checked out the Tundra, F150, and the Ram. Chevy and GMC just didnt appeal to me (personal preference). Out of all 3 the Ram pulled away. For me its a better looking truck. The comfort was above and beyond the other two. The overall ride and bang for the buck pushed me over the edge. As for long term reliability time will tell but if its anything like my neighbors 6 year old RAM with over 197k on it I dont think I'll be let down.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

by from Rosharon, Texas on February 10, 2013

this is the first dodge I have ever owned, I have always driven chevy's. I was very impressed with the quite ride, better fuel economy and interior design and comfort ! It is nicely equipped inside and out with the lone star option package. Two major things I have noticed was the interior is has much more room and comfort than the 2011 texas edition silverado I traded in, also it is very quite inside the cab going down the road ! so far I have been EXSTREMELY impressed with my new 2013 Ram 1500. I would defineitley recomend checking out the new dodge ram !

by from Chicago Il on September 16, 2013

2013 Ram 1500 standard cab with 6'4" bed. All the power as needed. Took 2 trips from Chicago to North Dakota and I was pleasantly surprised. The comfort of the ride was a 10. Gas mileage while pulling a 6 x 10 box trailer with 3 motorcycles was 15.8. Not bad but not great. Second trip with out trailer was 23.6 : ) Much better. Speed limit in ND is 75 and this truck pulled the trailer smoothly as well as had plenty of power to pass as needed. The USB connection is a plus to play an Ipod on the radio. Electronic features took a bit to figure out but when deciphered offers a lot of information .I received some flack from my friends that are Ford lovers but after having drove it now for 6 months in Cadillac comfort I really don't care what the haters say.

by from Sacramento, CA on March 16, 2013

I love this truck. I was a 20 year Toyota Tacoma owner and went to test drive this truck and I was hooked. It has decent gas milage with a nice V-6 engine and handles the road well even better than a car.Very smooth ride. And its much affordable than the Tundra. Great value for the buck.I am satisfied with the Ram.

by from Medina, Ohio on January 17, 2013

I bought a 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab with the air suspension. I have owned chevy all my life, several cars, two p/u's and last a 2500 Suburban. I have test driven every competitive truck available and read reviews & blogs. If you test drive & really look at the features that are either standard or optional on a Ram 1500, there is no comparison. Ram has done it's homework on this truck. There are well thought out touches throughout the truck. Rides great, fit & finish is great, comfortable seats, storage everywhere and runs like a scalded dog. Bang for the buck! If your honest and not brainwashed by brand loyalty, take a look at Ram trucks, you might be surprised.

by from Sacramento, California on December 11, 2013

Title says it all. 2013RAM 1500 SLT should make you forget about the Tacoma, Frontier, and even a high end Ridgeline. For versatility of light duty trucks the 1500 can't be beat and it is priced in-line with the above mentioned foreign trucks. Reliability is an unknown since the 1500 for 2013 has a number of redesigned components. Better chassis, rear coil suspension, and a 306 hp V6 with an 8 speed automatic transmission. The U-connect electronics seem well integrated with radio, Bluetooth, and Navigation. Need to add back-up camera when mirror includes booth tooth mikes. I had to cobble together an aftermarket system: hi-def display, front mounted camera, and back mounted camera either-or relay switched, which works quite well.

by from Fremont Ca. on April 1, 2013

Love the looks, the power and it tows my race car great. I think Ram was smart in putting their most powerful engine in its smallest truck. Regular cab shortbox with a hemi. Why doesn't GM do this with there trucks. No 6.2 in a small truck is dumb.

by from Verona, MO on April 8, 2013

New 6 cylinder engine with 8 speed automatic is great combination. They are hard to find, I looked for 3 months. Go driver in town and open road. It took some time to learn all the buttons and stuff.

by from Manhattan, Kansas on April 8, 2014

Searched for 45 days to get the best price on a 2013 with low miles and clean. More than once the price tag of even used delayed my purchase despite my love of this Laramie trim Ram. Finally pulled the trigger thinking all the tablet type technology and superb comfort was the must have's. Then learned about features I didn't even bargain for adding to the excitement, rather then the buyers remorse I usually get. This babe has everything and more for technology, style, and comfort. Don't think your getting 19-20 mpg though, it loves gasoline. Mine is the 4x4 crew cab with the Hemi and I average about 16-17 with a mix of city/highway of 40/60. It' WORTH IT!

by from florida on April 3, 2014

within 7-8 months of ownership new 2013 Ram--the AC compressor went out, then the rt rear LED panel went out--then a high pressure line to the AC unit went out. I like the look, handling and other features of this truck but my confidence in it's reliability is shaken

Our Expert Review: 2013 Ram 1500