1988 Saab 900

There's a Reason This 900 Style is Named Classic

by from NorthEastern USA on December 9, 2012

I will start by sharing our family began its Saab history in 1979 with a 3-door 900 Turbo. 9 Saab's and 34-yrs later we have 5, and a demo 9-4x. The remaining 3 include a 1999 9-5 driven summers and having under 33k mi, a very special 1993 classic 3-door black 900T with tan interior which has less than 500 mi. I plan to get up the nerve to take her out, and then I worry about it getting hit, so I continue to have it serviced, and it and its siblings all live in a temp controled storage. We have a 1985 & 1988 900 SPG, both with less than 50k mi, and my 1st new 9000 CSE from 1995, which was traded and became dealers service loaner, then when learning they were going to retire and sell, I bought her back, had her rebuilt & all body work, rust from Northeast Winters repaired, and now drive on and off in summer month. I do have a 1989 900 T sdn and a 1987 9000T that I drive in the winters when I am worried that our 4WD may not make it, I fire up the white, orig color 9000 I drive year around. We do have a 2012 Volvo XC90 AWD that is my wife's retirement gift to self, and I thank my parents for their gift of driving one of the worlds most special car's ever sold. I continue to ponder the purchase of a 2011 9-5, but remain focused on our 900's.