2009 Subaru Forester

One of the worst cars I have owned

by from Wichita, KS on September 17, 2017

This SUV was nice at the beginning, but after it racked up some miles, everything went downhill from the headgasket to the exhaust, going through headlights every few months, etc.

great upgrade

by from Bath, ME on September 12, 2017

I recently purchased this vehicle and so far am very happy with it. The car has 106,000 miles on it but drives like it's been well taken care of. I love all the updated features, heated seats, volume/channel control on the steering wheel and many other great add ons.

Safest Car You Can Own

by from Pittsburgh, PA on August 9, 2017

Not only was it luxurious with all the bells and whistles, sunroof, heated seats, 6 cd player, all the options, but it was affordable. And then sadly I totalled it. I ran into a tree head first and then skidded backward across a highway and hit a fence with the backend and then it rolled half over and back. I didn't get a scratch. Not even a piece of glass hit me and all the windows busted out. There are so many safety features like these curtains that came down and protected me from the glass and of course all the airbags. It was completely ruined except for the driver and passenger seat areas. They were like a cocoon. I never got to see the back seats but I am sure they were protected also. This is what you want to drive to keep yourself and your family safe. And its a nice looking and tricked out vehicle too.

Best car I owned

by from Cambridge, MA on July 31, 2017

Comfortable, great interior (I own the limited ed), great smooth ride. Looks great and also great space inside.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great tow vehicle

by from Tallahassee, Fl on July 4, 2017

Car is clean, Well maintained,. Spoke to previous owners so have a good idea of maintenance. Runs great and is fun to drive.

Uses car for Towing

Great, comfortable ride. Feels solid, handles well

by from grand junction, co on June 27, 2017

Great family vehicle, roomy for work or gear. Precise handling. Not a lot of road noise, and comfortable seats. Love it.

Very reliable

by from Rhode island m on June 5, 2017

Good safe and reliable vehicle for a new driver has ample. Horsepower and options. Good vehicle to drive during inclement weather conditions

Exatly what we need.

by from Middletown, NY on May 22, 2017

The Forester is ugly. That is the worst part. It is peppy, but not fast. Really roomy inside. Subaru's are very reliable. I appreciate the simplicity of the layout. I am not an airplane pilot, I just want to turn on the heat or AC and turn down the radio. All that other stuff seems a bit much. The Forester provides excellent ergonomics.

All Weather Champ

by from Cloudcroft, NM on May 8, 2017

In the 6 years I've owned this SUV, it has been very reliable, economical and capable. I drive in mountain terrain in the winter and encounter deep snow, heavy rain, and muddy roads. The Forester conquers all of these without breaking a sweat. In addition, as a daily driver, it's comfortable and convenient with enough interior room to haul most anything I need to.

Feel safe and comfortable.

by from Port Monmouth,NJ on April 28, 2017

Very helpful from 2003 with my 2004 Forester through my now 2009 Forester. Several friends have bought one also.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Subaru Forester