2012 Subaru Impreza

Love it so far!

by on August 25, 2017

Handles great! I wouldn't want an automatic, I'd go for the WRX if that was the case. Don't hesitate, Imprezanate!

reliable and comfortable

by on August 20, 2017

great little car!! no problems over 5 yrs!! easy to clean and maintain. very roomy with adjustable back seats.

Best buy! Perfect for Colorado snow

by from Denver, Colorado on August 17, 2017

Bought it a couple years ago and have loved this car. It's stylish and comfortable. The heat and air conditioning are my favorite part. It does both quickly. Does amazing in the snow, haven't had a problem or a spin out to date. Stops when I can't when it's icy.

Fun wagon

by from Wichita Falls, TX on July 23, 2017

I enjoy the way the AWD car handles, It has great interior design and space. The car gets great gas mileage, city 26 mpg and highway 36 mpg. The engine oil looks super easy to change, I've never seen a car with the oil filter right on top and forward quite like this car.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Not Enough Power for the Noise

by from Atlanta, GA on June 22, 2017

The car was low on power and slower than expected on acceleration. On top of that the CVT transmissions constant whining made you think at any acceleration the engine was trying to hard. when driving on the highway the road noise was so loud you cold not hold a conversation even with expensive Michelin tires. the topping on top was that the engine was eating oil since 60k miles and Subaru was not willing to do anything about it even after extending their warranty to 100k for this known problem. I will never own another Subaru after this

Worst mistake of my life

by from Willits on June 7, 2017

I purchased a Subaru Impreza sport limited from Fowler in ukiah brand new off the lot thinking of the reliability it had to offer my famly and low gas mileage was a plus. Not 3 months out our engine needed to be removed due to oil spewing. From that point not was one thing after another. Head gaskets leaking,Struts leaking doesnt hold an alignment so every 3 months we need new tires. I recently learned my new tire needed a patch due to road construction and now i need all new tires AGAIN because it wont shift.i drve with a screw driver pushing into my release so I'm able to shift. My AIR BAG IS PUSHING OUT OF MY STEERING WHEEL YES I had never had to service an airbag which is a couple grand. Apparently you do for this car once a year.my electrical is shot we may have lights sometimes we may not. But Fowler will not fix it if they don't see it. Gtrunk.My oil needs to be filled alt least 2 quarts between oil changes ..keep oil on hand check every time you drive they say. My latch to my trunk is broken holding my trunk closed.i been locked into my car 2 x with an infant in 105 degree weather and a lawyer said a lemon is when 1 thing breaks 3 times ana row. So here I am stuck with a car so unreliable and this Subaru I bought to bring home our new baby. Its tight on space my stroller. Had to disassemble if I went anywhere to fit in my trunk.Its been a very bad experience and I know im not the only one, another 2 in our community have the same vehicle wit the same problems. Don't do it...it causes more stress ad argument's in my family and I don't wish this upon anyone else. My advise to you is read every paper your given read it all. And Good luck.

the Subaru Impreza is a great little car.

by from Monterey, CA on June 6, 2017

this car is wonderful. we bought it new in 2012 for my wife. She loves it with a stickshifter (5-spd). it is sporty and fun to drive, gets good gas mileage, and is comfortable. we added leather at the dealer - well worth it. Please note that the basic Radio/Stereo has miserable BlueTooth functions. Not crippling but well worth upgrading to a better stereo.

Excellent car

by from on June 3, 2017

This car has been super reliable and gets great gas mileage, especially for an AWD. It handles beautifully and is super fun to drive. Highly recommended

Expected more from a Subaru

by from Davis, WV on April 22, 2017

Wheel bearing starting to squeal at 78k miles. Gas mileage is not what I had hoped or expected, especially for such a tiny car. But it handles very well, especially in the snow and ice. We live in a windy, snowy place, and I have noticed snow accumulates UNDER THE HOOD when the wind/snow blows towards the front of the car. Maybe that's a no brainer, but I was a little surprised.

Best car for the money and in its class

by from Aurora, Colorado on April 9, 2017

I love the all wheel drive system, it is excellent in the mountains when on snowy roads. Decent acceleration and speed. Could use some more torque, if it had a Diesel engine, it would be the perfect car and I would never buy anything different! Gets around 30mpg city and highway combined.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Subaru Impreza