2010 Subaru Outback

Car feels awesome to drive

by from Bothell, WA on August 15, 2017

I just bought this Subaru recently. This is the second Subaru I have owned. This car is eight years old and has 100,000 miles and feels like a new car. Outstanding durability outside and in. The CVT transmission is awesome. This is kind of a big lumbering vehicle and it gets better gas mileage in heavy traffic then my Hyundai Sonata. The paddle shifters on the steering wheel or very convenient for snow we weather and downhill driving. The CVT has a higher running gear then Subarus automatic transmissions. Which is excellent. I feel completely confident and capable behind the wheel of this car. I am A very large person and I feel very comfortable in this car. Older Subarus were typically very Narrow and did not allow elbow room for someone of my size. This car is a big improvement in that area. The backseats are comfortable and roomy and there's still plenty of cargo space even when the backseats are up. Their storage under the cargo floor and there are tiedown hooks and grocery bag hooks a plenty. The turning radius is also outstanding for such a long vehicle.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Love this thing

by from lapeer, MI on August 5, 2017

I picked up my 2010 outback 3.6R limited because I wanted some more room for my family. I was coming from a lightly modified WRX. So I wanted the 6 cylinder so I could still have some power. So far I'm extremely happy with my capable practical dad wagon lol with my mixed driving I'm getting 25+ mpg. I would recommend to anyone looking for a good low maintenance vehicle.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great VT car!

by on July 10, 2017

It's a very clean, reliable car! I've had twelve Subaru. Most of my family members also drive Subaru.

Very reliable and good looking car

by from Pittsburgh, PA on July 4, 2017

This car has been very reliable and I really can't complain. It's great in the snow. I had a 2001 Subaru Outback previous to this one. My Outbacks have never left me stranded, though they tend to get rattles. I am annoyed that the 2010 Outback doesn't have Bluetooth audio or a USB input. It just has an Aux input. The Bluetooth phone connectivity works pretty well. There is so much space in this vehicle, I can take pretty much anything anywhere. My black lab has plenty of room in the backseat.

A gorgeous, reliable vehicle

by from Sylva, NC on May 28, 2017

Subaru has a very sensible layout of the dashboard and driver controls. The seats are super comfortable, there is plenty of leg room in the back, and the storage space is large.

2010 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited AWD (3.6L 6cyl)

by from Chicago on May 22, 2017

I drove 2003 Subaru Outback for almost 6 years, purchased 2010 used Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited AWD (3.6L 6cyl ) and love it! The car is very fun to drive, very comfortable great in snow, ice and mud. It's roomy, quiet very conformable soft leather seats, easy controls, beautiful wood details. It is SUV, but really drives like sports car- lots of power, fast pick up and shift paddles adds more fun. It is one of the best AWD systems I tested, It is very stable and well-controlled even on ice and snow.

Great first car - reliable and adventurous

by from Palo Alto, CA on April 16, 2017

I bought this car used and loved it - the reviews were right, it truly is reliable, functional, and well designed. After many cross country roadtrips, it still runs great and I have never had a problem with it other than the headlight recall but they fixed that one! These cars should last forever - that's why they hold such a high value for a long time! Definitely recommend, probably not the best commute car though as it has an average 25 mpg.

Outback- Amazing overall towing performance

by from Wausau WI on April 5, 2017

My comments pertain to a 2011 (basically identical to 2010 model as 2010 was the model changeover year) Subaru Outback Limited with 2.5L 4 cylinder with CVT transmission. Bought car in Charlotte NC where I got an outstanding deal on a low-mileage Georgia car. With a 2200 pound car in tow (with a towbar- 4 wheels on ground) the Subaru performed exemplary. I travelled to Wash DC area (including in winter storm conditions in DC Area, then on home to Central WI all with car in tow). 4 cylinder Subaru exceeded ALL expectations as tow vehicle! During slippery condition, hazardous tendency to jacknife was mostly alleviated by adding 4 bags of softener salt over the rear axle. In good weather, maintained 70mph in cruise control including through rugged mountains of WV and w. Maryland. Speed never drooped from 70mph cruise setting as CVT transmission was amazing- taking RPMs up to top of engine torque curve- very efficient and plenty of power in steep mountains! Plus, for downgrade speed control, the paddle shifter allowed precise, seamless engine braking, easily staying within recommended RPM range and avoiding virtually all need for foot braking application on downgrades! On flatter roads, Outback performed as if nothing in tow. Fuel mileage also remarkable- dropped to 19.5 MPG in mountains (on regular gas) and as high as 22.1 MPG- including through Chicago- all while maintaing 70 on interstates with an MR2 Toyota in tow! Outback brakes were up to the task of stoppping with the unbraked 2200 pound load (ideal is to have Brakebuddy or similar for towed car but my Brakebuddy unit was broken). Could not be happier with this car's performance and I know is up to the task for towing boats and snowmobile trailers, including, when necessary on snowy roads. Very glad I did not choose the fuelish 3.6L 6 cylinder as the 2.5L 4 is a very capable tow vehicle (rated up to 2700 pounds tow load).

Uses car for Towing

Most Reliable Car I've Owned.

by from Whitesboro, N.Y. on April 2, 2017

Only had it a few days, but here goes. So far I love everything about the vehicle. The leather seats are sooooo comfortable and power controls make it so easy. love the heated outside mirrors.

Very reliable car i have owned.

by from Vinton, VA on March 15, 2017

Subaru is the best car for the snow and all around driving. Very dependable and comfortable to drive. Interior fits big, tall, short, small. Excellent gas mileage average around 25mpg. Subaru service is very helpful when needed, they stand behind they brand.

Our Expert Review: 2010 Subaru Outback