2011 Subaru Outback

Best AWD

by from on September 18, 2017

This is the best AWD car for going skiing. I went to Mammoth during a very snowy period and my Outback handled the snowy conditions without a problem. It was very surefooted and I was passing BMW X5's, Range Rovers and Jeep Cherokee's who were all stuck on the side of the road.

great value

by from Cochranville, PA on August 25, 2017

this is the fourth one I have owned all have been good to me. they have gotten better over the years

Six Years and NO REPAIRS

by from VENTURA, CA on August 21, 2017

This has been my wife's car and my Granddaughter has driven it while taking care of her. She loves the car. Everything has worked well and we have had no repairs. The transmission was not shifting properly when we purchased it but Subaru did the necessary adjustments to make it run as it should - without charge. My granddaughter wants this car so I bought a 2017 Outback today for my own use. I am impressed with all the new safety features. These are a great additions for an 80+ driver. Also great for a new driver.

In love!

by from Boise, ID on August 17, 2017

Not only is this car highly rated for safety, but it's comfortable and has one of the smoothest rides of any vehicle I've owned. Great features offered, including bluetooth for phone calls (unfortunately I don't think bluetooth for music was a big thing back in 2011), power everything, backup camera, and a big beautiful sunroof! Shifting is so seamless that I find myself accidentally speeding because the ride is so smooth. Large trunk and AWD makes this the perfect fit for my outdoor lifestyle, while averaging 28 MPG makes it great for my commute. I think I'll be sticking with Subarus from now on.

Better than my earlier Forester but not perfect.

by from Concord, NH on August 9, 2017

This is a good solid vehicle. I have the LX version so it has the heated seats, etc. The cup holders are not idea but Subaru isn't really great about those anyway. The heated seat switch is right by them so the number of times I've ended up with the seat hot when I didn't want it to be is pretty high. The seats are comfortable. I find it has decent pick up to get onto the highway. I have used the paddles for extra speed a time or two but it makes me feel like I am not in control of the car so I don't use them much. The bluetooth is just plain annoying. It's horrible to set up and then it broadcasts the conversation to the whole car. I suppose if you drive alone it's fine but I just use a bluetooth headset instead. Essentially it has a whole bunch of tech I find unnecessary but had to get in order to get the heated seats, etc. This may be my last Subaru mostly because the newer ones seem to have that system for cruise where the car takes over and that would totally freak me out. I'm too old for that stuff. I hope they keep a few basic models but with some comfort options. In my family there are currently 7 Subarus in the driveways between 3 homes. We love them but will look for something a bit larger and a bit less complicated next time.

Lowest Maintenance Car I Have Ever Owned

by from Denver, CO on August 4, 2017

I purchased this car used at about 90,000 miles. It now has over 100,000 miles and has never needed any serious maintenance. It handles well in all weather and helps me get up hills in the snow that other cars couldn't dream about. It is very comfortable and has nice perks that come standard. Good city gas mileage and excellent highway miles. I will never purchase another brand.

Love my Outback!!

by from Scottsville, VA on July 29, 2017

I love Subarus--especially my Subaru Outback! It is excellent in snow and it gets me wherever I need to be! Nothing beats my Outback.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

For the love of transportation

by from Indianapolis, IN on July 13, 2017

As a car enthusiasts, a 4 cylinder, CVT crossover isn't something that would typically be terribly appealing as a first car. Despite this, I have grown to cherish my 2011 Subaru Outback as a vehicle that is remarkably competent in every way. For work, I drive a lot of luxury vehicles but it's always a thrill getting back in the Subbie! Would definitely recommend the optional sound system and sunroof.

Best AWD I've ever owned!

by from Mount Vernon on July 12, 2017

This is an excellent car! It met and exceeded my expectations with how it handles in inclement weather. Great leg room both front and back. Very comfortable to drive long distance.

Best choice we could make for our lifestyle

by from Clovis on July 1, 2017

We are maturing and needed to continue the reliable performance a V8 and the comfort we had from our Lexus 400LX. We needed the power of a 6 cylinder and found the styling of the Outback to fit our interior comfort. Once accustomed to the lighter weight of the vehicle (from the Lexus) we have felt the handling and agility to be faithful and comfortable.

Uses car for Havingfun