Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2017 Outback

2017 Subaru Outback

Have You Driven the 2017 Subaru Outback?

Very well built vehicle.

by Biking Nut from Williamsport PA on Fri Mar 24 2017

Only had vehicle for a few days but I am quite impressed in such a short time. The car handles very nicely, holds the road and is easy to drive. Controls are well lighted and easily accessible. Interior is roomy and the seats are quite comfortable. Visibility is excellent, especially on the sides and rear. The rear seems to be large while the rear seats can be folded down from outside with the side controls.

A great choice

by Karlo from Buffalo, NY on Wed Mar 22 2017

Subaru has really stepped up with their electronics, connectivity and safe driving package. The interior feels very upscale. Plenty of room in back for extended road trips and trips to home and garden center. Well worth the additional expense in the Touring edition. Have only driven 1,100 miles so far but I am very satisfied with every aspect of this vehicle.

comfort and styling

by olddon from Vancouver Wa on Sat Mar 18 2017

Went to look at a Forester but found the Outback to be much more stylish in the interior. I was looking for the Eyesight package because of the safety features and was pleasently suprised by everything that was in the package. The car is a plaesure to drive I am in the middle of a road trip from Portland to Phoenix and am very pleased with olddoneverything about the car.

Safe, reliable, economical

by JimDE from on Fri Mar 17 2017

My first Subaru, but not my last. This is a great car. Much better than my Honda CR-V in terms of safety and mileage.

Love this car

by Hillary from Saint Louis on Mon Mar 06 2017

This is a good alternative to luxury mid-size SUVs. It drives like a dream and is packed with safety features. The navigational system leaves something to be desired, but everything else is well-designed and high end.

New Subaru owner

by jpuffin from Lawrenceville on Mon Mar 06 2017

We were loyal VW drivers for decades, until the diesel debacle. We opted for the buyback, and on the word of our daughter and friends switched to Subaru.

I love this car for many reasons.

by Mama Moose from Bellingham, MA on Tue Aug 22 2017

This is my third Subaru. After owning 2 Foresters, I made the switch to the roomier Outback. I enjoyed the Forester however the smoother ride of the Outback is very nice on a long drive. I didn't think that I would embrace the new technology of the Outback but now love the blind spot indicators in the side view mirrors and I especially love the little whistle if you space out at a red light and traffic moves without you moving.

Good car

by Ski Bum on Fri Jan 12 2018

Good on gas, reliable. Horrible entertainment system. Text message integrated. 2018 Apple Car Play & Android Auto might have fixed this annoyance of entertainment system integration for 2017 and older models.

Researched beyond belief

by Ken from Huntington, WV on Mon Oct 24 2016

I've been looking for an all around vehicle for several months. I've researched just about every SUV and Crossover. Test drove many vehicles, including Honda and Toyota. The research always lead me back to Subaru. Just bought the Outback Limited. Extremely pleased. My wife will be the primary driver and the safety features in this vehicle keeps my mind at ease. My wife didn't want a vehicle she was afraid to drive, and it's the perfect size to fit in the garage. This is my first Subaru. I'm excited!

Love driving our Outback

by Dwaine from Brooklin on Fri Dec 23 2016

Previously we owned a Mercedes Benz C300 (3.5L, 4-matic) for 4.5 years and before that another C300 (3.5L, 4-matic). We enjoyed both these vehicles over the last 9 years. We both golf many times each week and found it becoming more and more difficult to load and unloading our golf equipment in the MB, so 2 months ago we purchased a 2017 Outback Touring. We tried many different SUVs and crossovers but we kept coming back to the Outback. It gave us everything we needed. We love how smooth it rides and how quiet it is on the road. I have to admit we will miss the power folding mirrors and auto door locks, but we gained a great sound system, heated steering wheel and rear seats not to mention an Eye-Sight system, Blind-Spot Detection and Rear-Cross Traffic Alert and much more, that all give us a sense of protection and safety. We were undecided between the 2 engines but finally decided on the 3.6R. We’re happy with our decision as it is definitely quieter, quicker and smoother than the 4. Acceleration is effortless and it is almost impossible to tell there is a CVT transmission. We give up a little on fuel economy but it’s regular fuel not premium, which we were using before. We can also verify this is a great winter crossover with first hand experience. The lift in height, cargo space, entry and exit are perfect. The beautiful tan Java leather upholstery is very luxurious. We hope to have many years of enjoyable driving in our close to luxury 2017 Outback.

Our Take on the 2017 Subaru Outback

The verdict: Whether you consider the 2017 Subaru Outback a wagon or a crossover SUV, it's a home run for families and well-rounded enough to appeal to a large crowd.

Versus the competition:
Though the Outback doesn’t have the sheer capabilities and size of a traditional midsize SUV, there’s enough SUV flavor there to satisfy more than just loyal Subaru owners.

For 2017, the Subaru Outback adds a new Touring trim level that gives an extra bit of luxuriousness to the top of the four-cylinder (2.5i) and six-cylinder (3.6R) trim ranges. Outback trims now include the base 2.5i trim, plus 2.5i Premium, 2.5i Limited, 2.5i Touring, 3.6R Limited and 3.6R Touring. Compare the... Read More