Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 XL7

2008 Suzuki XL7

2008 Suzuki XL7

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2008 Suzuki XL7?

Location lership that can reprogram computer board

by Nate from Ogden, utah on Fri Dec 01 2017

Need to find the nearest dealership that can reprogram computer board and the cost. In ogden utah. Please let me know

Just love it..

by Rpminton from Des Moines on Sat Jul 21 2018

Love the speed the look and overall good reliable suv..Love the moonroof interior the 3rd row seating ..Just a good fit for my family as we go on vacations..

Extinct and I love it!

by MsMora from Granada Hills, CA on Fri Jun 29 2018

I have had my Suzuki for a little over a year now and I love it! I have it in a Plum color and got it for a steal! I love the power it has and it feels great driving it. Just got new tires on it and it has a TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) which I loved cause I need reminders for stuff like that. It currently has about 144,000 miles and it runs like a champ! It is very spacious but the only thing I don't like is when you put the last row down it is not a flat surface all the way across...it has about a 1 1/2 foot space from end of car to where the seats go down...so it becomes an awkward trunk space when rear seats are down. But who cares, I ain't sitting back there it's the cargo area! Gas tank is filled currently with about $60 and I commute via streets so I actually use up more gas than if I used fwy or highway! My kids and I feel special driving in it cause seems like we are the only ones who have one. They are a bit extinct, but I love it! Not sure if there is even a more updated Suzuki Model like this, they should come up with one, for sure!

One of the best purchases ever made

by Former Saab/Mercedes Owner from Indiana on Thu Aug 13 2009

I had never considered a Suzuki, my last four cars have been Saabs and Mercedes, so I always look for a solid car, that is reliable, and understated in design interior and exterior. The Suzuki XL7 was a great surprise when I rented one to haul some large items. I test drove other cars but kept saying that none compared to the XL7. I purchased one with 4,500 miles, and in three months have put 7,000 miles on it. Not one single issue, and a great surprise was when I took it in for its 10,000 mile service at the Suzuki dealer including tire rotation, the cost was a total of $48.00, with my Saab and Mercedes the service would never be less than $100.00. I am still finding little refinements with the sound system, storage, etc., that I am learning how to use. I have purchased a trailer hitch since it will pull up to 3,500 lbs. Great car!

love my 2008 suzuki

by love my suzuki 2008 from kansas on Tue Apr 19 2011

I bought my suzuki new at a dealer and have never had a thing go wrong with it. It is always ready for me and I would buy this car for my kids too. I love it.

No major issues here

by Jenn from Colorado Springs, CO on Mon Jun 02 2014

I've had my XL-7 for almost 4 years now, no major issues. Great on gas for an SUV that carries 7 people, we only had to make 4 gas stops on a trip about 1000 miles (still had 1/2 tank once we hit our final destination). Smooth ride. This vehicle hasn't let me down yet...compared to our old Ford Focus that was constantly breaking down. The only downside I've seen to this is the blind spots (which I'm used to after driving it for so long and know how to adjust my mirrors to alleviate them), no rear view camera (hard to see tail-gaters and smaller cars when backing up, ugh!), and that it makes really wide turns which makes for flipping "U-ies" a little difficult. Other than that, great vehicle! Took a hit due to bad road conditions, it was fixed pretty quickly and good as new!

Amazing Car, it gets better and better

by Paul a convert to Suzuki from Grosse Pointe, MI on Wed Feb 24 2010

When I drove this car the first time, I couldn't believe how well it sailed down the road. Smooth, strong, and comfortable. An absolutely great car, I have put 20,000 miles in 9 mos. and only had one minor problem with a window switch, immediately fixed by dealer, and nothing else. Not making this car anymore is a real mistake!

Solid Ride

by Truck nut from Providence, RI on Wed Apr 09 2008

This SUV is for men who like the truck feel. Strong and powerful vehicle that holds the road in all situations. AWD is worth the extra as it makes this vehicle nimble and quick. I took this on some of the worst roads and found the 17" tires help step over the pot holes and bumps. Taking this SUV over all others in giving the passengers a tight controlled feel in the cabin. A little minus for the fuel economy but overall I would recommend this vehicle to others. Great value for the money.

Horrible Reliability

by NatiCars from Cincinnati, OH on Sat Dec 23 2017

My wife and I bought this car as it was an affordable 7 passenger vehicle. We loved the looks, and especially how it handled. It had 3 rows of side head airbags, and the acceleration was incredible. NOW the BAD. If anything goes wrong with this car, you will NOT be able to find parts for it, anywhere. Suzuki went out of business for a reason, because nothing was reliable You name it, it starting having issues with it. Most were minor quirks, but then the major one happened. I have always been religious about changing my oil every 3000 miles, even though the owner's manual stated to just follow what was stated on the dash. So, I changed it every 3000, and always used Mobil 1 full synthetic. Well, all of a sudden about 2000 after an oil change, the oil light came on. I pulled over immediately and checked the oil. The dipstick was bone dry. There was also no leaks. I called Suzuki USA to find out if this was a problem. They said that General Motors made the motor and to contact them. I did and GM states that burning 5 quarts of oil in 3000 miles was perfectly acceptable and within their specs. It may seem like a good car, but you won't ever be able to fix anything that is wrong with it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Parts are IMPOSSIBLE TO GET

by Parts are IMPOSSIBLE TO GET from Connecticut on Fri Mar 23 2012

Bought this vehicle 3 years ago with 9k on it. My wife was involved in a minor accident a few years ago. Getting parts for this truck from Canada/Mexico took forever. For a 2008, this truck only has 38k on it but the tire sensors are going haywire & the tailgate release button does not work. The dealer wanted over $500 for the tailgate button. Are they serious? It HAD a 26k bumper to bumper. I arrived at the dealer about 1k over the 36,000 and they wouldn't assist. I have found numerous XL7's with the same tailgate electronic latch problem but Suzuki won't issue a recall for the switch yet. Frankly, the vehicle drives nicely given its size. But I wouldn't buy Suzuki any time soon given the lack of customer support. I've owned a Suzuki SX4 (great little car), Suzuki SX AWD Wagon (powerful little wagon but cheap interior), Suzuki Samurai (we all know these fun, weak engines ALSO fall apart), and the XL7. My views, consider other manufacturers!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Take on the 2008 Suzuki XL7

I have a collection of clothing items that I purchased for fabulously small prices. Who doesn't love a bargain? Of course, it's only a bargain if the thing you shelled out even a modest amount of cash for is something you actually want. My collection, as it turns out, is a testament to bad deals. They're things I bought because they were on sale, not because they fit nicely or went with anything else in my closet, meaning that $50 top that I got for $9.99 was no bargain after all. As one of the lowest-priced midsize SUVs on the market, Suzuki's XL7 will fit perfectly into my collection.

The XL7 looks great. The sporty front grille promises a fun ride, while the sleek lines of the body hint at luxuries... Read More