1997 Toyota 4 Runner

All time great

by from Sugar Grove, Illinois on April 30, 2017

Bought used in 2009. 84,000 miles, I am the 2nd owner. Just did 120,000 mile maintenance at Toyota dealer. Nothing wrong, clean bill of health. I'm 63 yrs. old and expect to have my 4Runner until I'm too old to drive. I absolutely love it.

Amazingly durable

by from Des Moines, IA on November 12, 2010

My 97 4Runner has turned out to be a diamond in the rough. After having my mechanic initially look it over and give it a simple tune-up, the SUV has been a tank. It had 144k miles on it when I bought it, and I see no reason why it won't last another 150k. Very mechanically sound and reliable.

THE BEST!

by from Texas on March 9, 2010

My mother bought the 97 4runner brand new. She bought a new 2010 Camry and passed the 4runner down to me. Ive put this truck through a lot and it still runs strong. 211,000 MILES AND STILL GOING! I dont think this truck has a "Check Engine" light cause Ive never seen it! Toyota is the greatest, Im sure my Runner will see 300K easily!!

Great!

by from Jackson Heights, NY on April 14, 2011

I had a 1996 4Runner and sold it a few years ago. I missed it so when I totaled the awful Saturn Ion that I inherited I decided to get another 4Runner. I found an amazing green 1997 with 117k miles (April 2011) for $5500. It looks and runs like a new car. I love everything about it.

Love my 4runner

by from on January 29, 2010

Have owned 2 runners and regret selling the first so i bought the second. I have never been stranded or felt unsafe taking a long distance trip. I drive back home to South Dakota at least twice a year and have nver had a problem. I LOVE My Runner.

"Great Deal"

by from Slippery Rock, PA on January 16, 2007

This is the ultimate buy for the money. I only paid 5,500 for a 97 SR5 4x4. This is a top notch vehicle with handling, and appeal. My wife is safe now driving, for our child to be.

Mission in Africa

by from UN Headquarters, New york on December 19, 2012

This car was given to me as a duty car by the United Nations Department of Peacekeeping Operations when i served in the mission in Eritrea. I drove it for two years through very difficult mountainous terrain crossing the border between Ethiopia and Eritrea, often at 7500 feet in the mountains. Road handling is fantastic and i never experienced a breakdown. Acceleration made me feel like i could disappear in a cloud of dust if the rebels ever decided to chase..... . My present 2010 SUV from a rival maker is like plastic compared to this. Great piece of equipment

Very reliable

by from Erlanger, KY on January 21, 2010

I have owned my 4Runner for almost 2 months now and got it very cheap! I expected that there may be some problems because of the age of the car but the only problem right now is that it may need a new starter which is a common problem for Tacomas and 4Runners...inexpensive and easy to replace, so I am very impressed. I really enjoy driving the car and looking at it lol. Very spacious and grocery shopping doesn't feel like such a chore with all the trunk space! Also, I didn't even feel like I was driving on 3 inches of snow the other day because the 4wd is awesome!

Best work truck for me

by from Bayou Chicot, Louisiana on August 16, 2010

I use it for my business, great! Got it from my mom, she past away. Had 92,000 miles, now 240,000 and still going great.

typical toyota reliability

by from Whitehall, PA on October 12, 2010

I purchased this vehicle used 5 years ago, and have done nothing but regular service items. Couldn't ask for a more reliable vehicle.

Similar Models