2005 Toyota 4 Runner

Love this car!

by from on February 3, 2010

Bought a 2005 4Runner dealer demo, had 350 miles on it, has 66K now. It still looks and drives amazing after 5 years. I have the oil changed regularly (that's a must do folks). I had a problem with the tire air pressure light coming on when it was cold in the winter. Turned out it was caused by the spare which the dealer replaced-problem solved. This is the best car I have ever owned. Beats the pants off the "looser cruiser" Ford mini van I was driving before I purchased it. The dealership in Birmingham, AL my husband and son went to, is a great place to purchase a car. The salesman and my husband & son brought the car to me, I couldn't go to the dealership at the time. I told them I wanted leather not cloth interior, they scheduled the change and I owned it. I will say that BIG (280+ lb) folks probably wouldn't be as comfortable as me driving or riding in it. But for me its the greatest car (I'm 5'4, husband and men children are 6'+ and less than 280 lbs, and they love driving it too. In fact, they find excuses to drive it for a day-"you need your oil changed", or "let me wash your car today"). (we also own Hondas and a Crysler) We've taken it on cross country trips with 4 people in the car and it was very comfortable for all. I wouldn't recommend 5 passengers for long trips unless they are smaller children (less than 13, as the middle back seat is small). It holds tons of luggage or stuff. Groceries will roll around in the back of the car if not secured by the net (came with the car). My husband & I built a 980 sq ft deck in our back yard 2 years ago and hauled all of the materials from Lowes in my 4Runner-about 4 trips over 2 weeks-2 or 3 hundred lbs of wood per trip. With the back window down it was easy. I get about 20 mtg in the city going back and forth to work. I found that if I drive 55 on the hwy I can get 28mpg, but let's face it, who wants to do that. At 70mph I average 24, at 80mph to 85mph about 22. I'll keep driving this car for at least 5 more years if not longer! The original black paint and silver trim make my car hot! It's a beauty even after 5 years. This is a great car.

4runner forever

by from New Jersey, USA on March 30, 2010

One of the snowiest winters on record for the Northeast and I never missed a day of work thanks to my 4Runner. This baby powered through the snow and anything else Mother Nature could throw at me. The interrior made me forget about the harsh conditions outside. I waited a long time to purchase this truck and I hope to keep it even longer.

awesome vehicle

by from elizabeth pa on September 16, 2008

solid vehicle, i have 95,000 miles and it runs like new. i also own a saturn(no comparison), the toyota is built much better.

great value

by from frederick md on September 27, 2009

this is a very comfortable reliable and safe vehicle i wold recommend a test drive if youre in the market for one you will not be dissapointed!!!!!!!!

In a league of its own

by from Memphis, TN on September 18, 2006

The Toyota 4Runner, with its sleek styling and strong curb appeal is a wonderful investment for the money. The strong 4.0L V6 has plenty of power and great acceleration. The unique controls on the interior continue the overall modern look and increase functionality over traditional panels. The seats could use some work as far as comfort goes, but the ride is incredible (for an SUV) with acceptable off-road handling, even on the 2wd I own. The automatic limited slip works well if need be. Great vehicle. Roomy. Classy. Strong. Versatile.

Stay away from used 4.0L V6

by from Hartford, CT on February 16, 2016

There is a flaw in this engine and they all blow head gaskets between 100 - 140K miles. The repair is costly. I definitely wish I purchased the V8.

Toyota for reliability

by from Spring, TX on October 20, 2011

My 2004 4-Runner was totaled while we stopped at a traffic light. It was the most reliable vehicle I've everr owned, so I wanted to replace it. We bought the 2005 which is a little bit of an upgrade, and are very happy with it.

Best Vehicle I've Owned

by from Clinton, Maryland on November 14, 2013

This vehicle is hand down the best suv I've owned. Prior to this I owned three Jeeps, needless to say, I'll never purchase another Jeep. This car is 8 years old and still runs like its brand new. I love the way it handles, the smoothness of the ride, the interior isn't too bad either. My only issue I have is that the tire pressure symbol goes on and off, but as long as it keeps riding the way it does, I will have this car for a very long time. I am very satisfied, trust me, if you can get your hands on one, DO IT!!

Wow

by from Sacramento, CA on February 23, 2015

My car was in shop one day for maintenance so my friend at work let me borrow her 4-Runner to run an errand. Very impressed. 220,000 miles on it and it drives like its brand new. I asked her if she has had any problems with it, she said the only thing they had to fix other than maintenance is the AC knob and that only cost $20.00.

Favorite car so far

by from Bend, Oregon on August 21, 2006

I just found my car online, and figured I owed it to Toyota to review it... :) I don't usually fill these things out.. Upgraded from a Mitsubishi Montero and couldn't be happier..

Similar Models