Model Details

2011 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 34 reviews

Great mix, tough and comfortable

by from Arkansas on November 27, 2010

Just got back from a trip nine hours down and nine back, one of the reasons I bought the Runner was that on previous road trips I had seen more tires on the road and making this trip frequently, I was likely to encounter one. This trip I did, almost a comlete big truck tire no way to avoid, ran right over it with no problem. I am very happy to own this vehicle, safe and comfortable on the road.

Gorgeous vehicle

by from Fairfield, CT on August 25, 2012

Transmission on the 2011 4Runner is in the process of being recalled. We noticed problems with slipping at 8k miles and Toyota agreed and replaced the transmission. The interior of the car is super-durable. Could use an extra couple of cup holders. And I wish it had memory on the seat adjustment! Otherwise very happy. Ride is truck-like, with a stiff suspension. Very comfortable. Good visibility. Love the back-up camera. Exterior of the Trail is gorgeous. Love the hood scoop. This is my second Toyota. Love the 4Runner!!!

our 3rd 4Runner

by from East Ohio on April 13, 2013

This is our third 4Runner, and I am sure not our last. I have to say I like the look of the older models but this 2011 is tough as nails and stacks up with anything in its class.

Would buy again!

by from Chadbourn, NC on March 14, 2011

Handles wonderful, easy to park in a parking space. Has enough leg room for back seat riders. I purchased a new tread mill and could it fit in the back with the seats down box and all!!

Great value, reliable vehicle reasonable gas milea

by from Rochester, NY on May 26, 2011

We were very happy with our last 4 Runner - we owned it for 14 years (a '97) and it never needed other than minor repairs. We decided on a new vehicle and wanted to look around. Well, Ford no longer has a FULL frame SUV, Chevy/GMC no longer makes a midsize SUV (Trail Blazer). The Dakoda/Jeep has had some problems. So, we stuck with the 4 Runner (the 2011 is a little bigger than our '97) but has the same mileage as our '97, about 22 mpg. It pulls our boat without working hard - it's rated at 5000 lbs. The Crossovers can't pull that weight! The 4Runner is a great value.

You can't go wrong

by from North Central PA on May 15, 2011

Have a 2011 4runner trail edition with KDSS 5000 miles. Love it! It's has evrything is was looking for in an SUV. The rides great, descent gas mileage, great in snow, holds alot of gear and comfortable. Off road it is a total beast. The only thing I would like different is that they offer a better off road tire for the Trail edition. Put a good pair of off road tires on this and it will take you any where a Jeep can go.

Uses car for Off-roading

decent vehicle

by from Peoria, IL on February 27, 2012

I've had the 4Runner about 6 weeks and have 6,000 miles on it. Had key fob foul up, but other than that it has run well. I've got the V-6 limited version. I have it on "Eco" to improve mileage, but it doesn't really matter there is not an abundance of pick up until you floor it. I've also yet to have a tank meet the window sticker as far as mileage. It says 22 o 23 highway. Best I've gotten is 20 on a tank. I also don't drive fast usually 68 mph on highway. All that being said I love the room and that I can tow a trailer comfortably. I farm a little on the side and also love the off road capabilities. Overall it is a nice vehicle.

My best car ever!

by from Quebec on April 30, 2012

Nice vehicule, great handling, good quality product. Confort Ok, lot of space inside, great motor, gaz mpg around 22 on higway, very good.

Not as good as the old ones

by from Bowling Green, KY on October 24, 2011

I previously owned a 2000 4Runner and ran it to about 220,000 before I decided it was time for a new one. I loved that truck and so a new one was a no brainer. Wrong! The new ones are bigger which I like but with that comes bad handling and super touchy brakes. My old one could still take off at the drop of a dime but the new one just doesn't have enough pep. Maybe because of the V6 engine on such a big vehicle. I have to say they really don't make things like they used to but overall its still a good truck just a little disappointed.

Toyota 4runner

by from Cle, oh on November 1, 2011

Slightly underpowered,but still very nice for short and long trips. Very nice interior. Much more functional 3 row than prior models