2013 Avalon Hybrid

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid?

First time Toyota Avalon and hybrid wonder

by Joe M from Pittsburgh, PA on Mon Feb 04 2013

I am very pleased with the purchase of my 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid. I opted to go with the Limited edition in Pearl White with the beige interior. Lovely combination and the car looks incredible. I purchased the vehicle three days ago and already have taken a trip from Pittsburgh to Chicago for business. 650 miles so far, 34MPG (outside temp has been in the low 20's so I expect MPG will improve). Car drives great but I do prefer, and nearly always have it in "Sport" mode. Really tightens up the steering and handling with terrific road feedback. Wish the seats were a tab bit more comfortable and more form fitting with stronger thigh support. But overall, they are much better than I had expected from Toyota. The technology embedded in the vehicle is astounding. Blind spot awareness, adaptive cruise control, navigation/sound/phone/USB connectivity....impressive, although cell phones paired to the system have a somewhat tinny sound. Build quality of this vehicle is impeccable, and it is built in the USA!!! Really glad I took the plunge and went for the hybrid. Considered the VW Passat diesel but estimated milage was similar to the Avalon Hybrid. Plus and added bonus.... the Avalon uses less expensive regular gas as opposed to the premium priced diesel fuel.

Very Satisfied

by Pdhr54 from Kentucky on Fri Jul 24 2015

I set out to buy a car to save on gas mileage. I planned to keep my Sequoia for long trips and when I wanted to take several people or haul the pontoon. I tried out a Prius and then moved up to a Camry. After I drove the Avalon, there was no turning back. We just got back from a long trip with the trunk loaded to the top and carrying four adults. Everyone had plenty of room and my car got almost forty mpg! I keep mine on ECO all the time. After a day or two, I got used to the ECO mode and I rarely use the other modes. I have the Limited so it's loaded with extras. I let a friend drive mine not long after I bought mine and he went out and bought one exactly like mine. I hope it ends up being as reliable as my Sequoia. The only negative I would say is I live where it's humid in the summer and it seemed like the air conditioner smelled musty-like. I took it to my dealer and they put some kind of filter on it. It didn't seem like it helped it then but I haven't noticed it at all this summer.

Best of the full size Hybrids

by Enrique from Nanuet, NY on Sat Jun 01 2013

Great handling, spirited when in sport mode, comfortable and luxurious. Before you make your final decision, you must try the competition including the slightly smaller in interior Camry. The options you pay for in the Camry is standard in the Avalon. Quality in all areas. Best large sized hybrid that meets luxury standards without the luxury prices. Great thigh leg support, especially if you have tried the Camry. Mpg is on the money and when you get used to the accelerator you will maximize your fuel consumption. The electric vehicle mode is ok, but when you drive over 25 mph it goes to the Eco mode. You can use the Eco mode for all driving and truly max out your mpg. Overall a very roomy interior, with the luxury of a Lexus and the price of a Toyota. You must rember Toyota is the leader in the Hybrid technology and all other car companies are years behind or are working off of Toyotas technology. Excellent car, features and price if you know how to negotiate. Plus only shop at the end of the month. You will get best price then!

Have been waiting for the Avalon Hybrid

by MPG and MPH, and a perfect match from Philadelphia, PA on Sat Sep 21 2013

This is my 2nd Avalon, owning a 2008 Limited that was a great car, but wanted better mileage. I was fearful to lose the power, but after trading it in for the 2013 Avalon Limited Hybrid, I know I made the right choice. The power is stil there in "sport" mode when needed, and even in "eco" on the highway, it will pick up when needed. I have now reached 15k, and it continues to impress me. I would say 75 percent of our drive is highway, and we average 40-42 mpg per tank, typically lasting well over 600 miles a tank. If you just purchased, the mpgs will improve after a few thousand miles are on it. The only thing I dislike is the stereo system, but I did not like the JBL on my old avalon, the bass is weak versus Bose which has a much deeper/crisper sound. The rest of the car is amazing, tightering steering for a fun drive, comfortable seats that make long drives fantastic, and amazing technology that Euro cars cannot even compete with unless you pay 60k (without even mentioning the poor perforance from American cars). I would recommend this car to anyone, it is not only safe and economical, but fun and beautiful. Why not get a full size sedan that can blow the prius out of the water in every aspect! And for the few of you worried about the lack of power/speeed, trust me it is stil lthere, except now you get close to 40mpg while doing 80mph. Buy it!

Great fuel economy

by Dennis from delaware on Mon Aug 05 2013

Mileage on this car is really a function of weather, headwind, gas quality and a human operator's ability to "fuse" with the vehicle. I never got less than 41 HWY, and routinely get 45 MPG. Incredible car! super handling, spacious, agile. Should have gotten top level trim for better sound, oh well ....;-) next time!

2013 Avalon Hybrid

by Toyota Man from Charlotte, NC on Sat Aug 03 2013

I've always been a Toyota Man. I have owned 9 Toyotas over my lifetime. This 2013 Avalon Hybrid is by far the best car I've ever owned. I bought it because they finally added some sporty body styling. But the interior and the features have exceeded my expectations. First car I've owned with all the features like back up camera, auto tilt mirrors, etc. But the best is the gas mileage for a car this size. I've owned it for a month and am averaging 38.4 mpg. With gas prices being what they are and potentially worse, the more people who buy hybrids, the better our chances of driving the price down. This car definitely does it's part in that regard.

So far, greatly exceeds expectations

by Hybrid Car Enthusiast from Castleton, NY on Wed Jul 22 2015

We purchased a used 20'13 Avalon Hybrid Limited with 19000 miles. Has greatly exceeded our hope to find a luxury fun car. Rides and handles very well and had all the gadgets. Especially like the bluetooth and blind spot and back-up camera safety features. Sound system is excellent Still learning all the features of the NAV system. All this and we still are getting 41 MPG in all around driving since we bought it 4 months ago! This is our fourth Toyota and it is the best by far!

Total luxury and few stops at gas station

by Fossil economist from CA on Fri Aug 23 2013

I've admired my car while it was parked next to a BMW, A VOLVO, and a LEXUS...so similar in styling and quality. My Toyota Avalon Hybrid is at least 1/3 less in pricing. Loving the look, the drive, and fel economy. GREAT JOB TOYOTA IT'S A GEM

Great gas mileage

by Tobydog from Hilton Head Island ,S C on Sat Feb 02 2013

Bought the Hybrid Limited about 3 weeks age and have about 1500 miles. Very quiet, mileage better than sticker,electronics easy to use, the 3 modes EV,Eco and sport work well. Very comfortable,smooth ride . Back up camera,cross traffic alert and blind spot monitor work extremely well. So far no disappointments and very satisfied. I've been waiting for a full sized car to come out with a Hybrid and this has been a perfect match for us. Interior and exterior fix and finish excellent . We understand it was designed and manufactured in America. Very pleased

I am back to Toyota

by Kingira from The Villages, Fl on Wed Mar 27 2013

I owned Toyotas prior to 1996. For the following 17 years I have owned a Mercedes and a BMW. The Avalon give great gas mileage with regular gas, handles almost as good as the German cars and has virtually all of the technology that you could ever ask for without the premium price. It is extremely quiet, very comfortable seats and the doors swing out far for easy access.

1 2 3 4 5 6