2015 Avalon Hybrid

2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid?

Avalon Hybrid Limited

by Lukas from Northwest Indiana on Mon Sep 05 2016

Great car for the price. Definitely worth paying extra for the "limited" trim level and the hybrid performs well with little downside apart from losing a few cubic feet of space in the trunk. The Entune radio system was not as hard to master as other people have complained. The mpg that I have gotten so far (in summer driving with the AC on) has been at or above levels advertised, reaching 40+ on the highway and similar levels in the city. The seats are firm, but comfortable with leather trim. The separate AC controls for the back seat are a welcome upgrade. Overall, the driving experience of this car, compared to my last Avalon, is more like a sports sedan rather than the softly sprung freeway cruiser that I used to drive. Steering is responsive and handling is secure with minimal body roll even in tight corners. For longer trips, the driver seat adjustment options allow me to experience very little discomfort, even after 8-9 hours in the car. The cabin is quiet and serene. Extra touches, like the power back window screen, are luxury benefits that I am using more often than I expected. This is certainly a Lexus Quality vehicle for a fraction of the price. Buying a used hybrid a couple year models old eliminated the "hybrid premium" from the price. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone and would buy it again in an instant.

An OUTSTANDING Upgrade from the Camry Hybrid!

by SMattos from Marvin, NC on Fri Jan 09 2015

I have owned Toyota Camry Hybrids (2008 and 2011) for the past six years. I love Toyota vehicles, and the hybrid in particular. The gas mileage is fantastic, the vehicle styling and comfort features are great. I decided to upgrade to the Avalon Hybrid simply because the gas mileage was better than my 2011 Camry Hybrid. Not by much, but enough to justify moving to the larger vehicle. In my opinion, it was an excellent decision. The 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid is quieter, runs smoother, and has more creature features than my Camry Hybrid. It also has a full sized trunk (no more lost space due to the "battery bulge"). I have had the vehicle for about 3 weeks and have driven it 1,800 miles in blissful comfort. I also love the new interior, the materials are top notch, and the electronics. All in all I am extremely pleased with my purchase and strongly recommend the vehicle for consideration.

Traded a Prius

by Traded a Prius from Houston, Texas on Mon Oct 05 2015

Have only had the car for less than 700 miles. Mileage is at 40 mpg from the start. Drivers seat could be a little more comfortable even though it is eight way powered with lumbar adjustment. Otherwise all is first class to my taste. I loved the Prius but wanted memory seats and a better ride.

Avalon Limited

by MoonRiver from Canton, MI on Fri Jul 08 2016

I have had this car 9 months, 15,000 miles. In general, I have found to be a good vehicle. The gas mileage is less than advertised, around 36 mpg. The readout on the gas mileage is about 2 mpg high. I have found the nav system to be a pain in the rear. Many times it cannot find the address I am looking for. I have mounted my old Garmin to the front window, problem solved! In generral, the radio is leaves a lot to be desired! It changes bands by itself, it turns itself off & on, and the biggest problem is that to change anything, I have to take my eyes off of the road to see what I need to press to accomplish the desired task. I understand that this is the wave of the future but hey could have at least moved it up higher on the dash so you wouldn't have to take your eyes off of the road for so long. On the plus side, the handling, ride, and braking are very good. the car corners relatively flat for a luxery car. To sum it up, it doesn't compare to my 911 Porsche, but I do like it, with the exception of the entertainment system.

Second Best Decision I've Ever Made

by ToyotaMan from Chicago on Tue Feb 03 2015

Obviously my wife would get mad at me if I ranked this as number one, so I'll say it comes in at a close second place. I decided to trade this in from my 2003 Toyota Avalon which was passed on to me from my dad. I will miss the car as it never complained, rain, shine, or snow, even with over 300,000 miles on it. I think it was astounding I got 11 years and 300,000 miles on it and never had to take it in for a repair; just got my regular maintenance done on time. I didn't even look at another car, Me and my wife decided it was time to get something a little more modern, and ran to test drive both the Avalon and Avalon Hybrid. We decided on the Hybrid Limited trim due to the available features and better gas mileage. Even though gas is cheap now, there's no telling what it'll do tomorrow. The car is absolutely beautiful. While visiting relatives in Kentucky, we toured the plant that this car is made in, along with the Camry, Venza, and soon to be Lexus ES350, and its a no brainer why this car is bullet proof. Toyota seems to know what its doing. Car drives phenomenal, its quiet on the highway, sporty when you want it to be, I could write a book about why this car is so great. Some of my favorite features though: Rain sensing wipers, Push Button start/ smart key, Heated/Ventilated Seats, and also the looks. So much of an upgrade from my 2003. I actually get compliments. Also, gas mileage is amazing. With a little over 3000 miles, my lifetime average is just over 42 mpg, which is amazing! I'd buy another right away if this one ever got damaged, which hopefully it won't.

Review-Initial

by Hank from Virginia on Mon Jul 06 2015

This is very premature since we've had the car only a few days. How do we know what the "reliability" is? We are trying to get knowledgeable about the electronics. The features are awesome. It's ride and handling are very pleasureable. We got a good deal, but not the very best since we haven't bought a car in over a decade and weren't exactly ready to purchase the car at that moment. Advice: do finance shopping before you go shopping for cars--you can save a lot.

Love the Toyota Hybrid

by Bluebuggy from Austin, Texas on Sun Mar 01 2015

The Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited is a great car. We have had it for two week. The car has great pick-up, is very quiet, is comfortable and quite roomy. It is fun to drive and has a great appearance. The brakes are gentle and the car is easily controllable by easing up on the gas pedal. The hybrid part makes it different and new for us. The lack of noise when starting takes getting used to but we are enjoying it. We have not fully learned the navigation system and all the other high tech offerings but slowly will start to set up everything. The manuals are good, but we'll have to spend time inside the car to learn it. We did set up the garage door opener and some radio/sirius SM stations. We also set up the front seats. A nice feature is how the seat slides back when the engine is turned off for ease in getting out. WE are delighted with our purchase!!!

more i drive it, more i love it

by ak369 from Greenfield, Wisconsin on Sat Feb 17 2018

this has been the most wisest purchase that i have done while buying cars. so economical and comfortable at the same time. the looks are very stylish and powerful. interior space is very roomy for all 5 passengers (including driver.) it is equipped with all the techno gigs that one needs. love to own it and proud of it.

Toyota Avalon Hybrid 2015

by Talha Mahmood from VALLEY STREAM on Fri Feb 24 2017

This is a great car and very comfortable. The performance is also very great and in my opinion this is the best car to buy for this price.

LOVE IT!

by JANIE from WILLIS TEXAS on Thu Feb 11 2016

I HAVE OWNED A MERCEDED 240 SINCE 2003. I HAVE LOVED THAT CAR. LAST YEAAR IT STARTED $1500.00ING ME TO DEATH TO THE TUNE OF 8000. I KNEW THAT IF I BUY ANOTHER ONE IT WILL EAT ME ALIVE IN MAINTENANCE. I STARTED OUT LOOKING AT DIFFERENT CARS AND IF I LIKED ONE I RENTED ONE LIKE IT FOR 3 DAYS AND TOOK A TRIP. I COULD NOT FIND THE COMFORT I WANTED NOR SAFETY FROM AMERICAN CARS. I HAD ALMOST DECIDED TO GO BACK TO A MERCEDES UNTIL I DROVE THE AVALON HYBRID. I GOT THE RIDE I WANTED, ALL THE AIRBAGS INCLUDING FOR MY KNEES WITH THE ECONOMY I NEVER HAD WITH THE MERCEDES. I STARTED TO NEGOTIATE NEAR MY HOME AND GOT INSULTED BECAUSE IM A 70 YEAR OLD WOMAN THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD RUN OVER. I GOT ABOUT 9000 OFF MSRP BY TRAVELING 100 MILES. I HAD ALREADY NEGOTIATED A 2.13 WITH MY BANK SO I KNEW WHAT TO EXPECT. I TOLD THEM I WAS GOING OUT FOR BIDS AND THAT THE DEALERSHIP COULD GET ME A 1.99. WHEN I GOT TO THE DEALERSHIP MY BANK, CHASE GAVE ME THE 1.99 I WAS OFF RUNNING. THE DEALERSHIP GAVE ME THE PRICE I NEGOTIATED OVER THE PHONE. IM IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CAR. IN FRONT OF YOU IT TELLS YOU HOW MANY MPG YOU ARE GETTING AT ALL TIMES SO YOU CAN LEARN TO DRIVE A BIT DIFFERENT TO GET BETTER GAS MILEAGE. SO MY ADVICE IS NEGOTIATE WITH SEVERAL DEALERS AND DONT BE AFRAID TO DRIVE TO GET YOUR CAR AND LET YOUR BANK KNOW YOURE SHOPPING RATES

1 2

Our Take on the 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2014 about the 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2015, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Remember your dad's La-Z-Boy in the TV room? It was plush, it was comfortable, it was heartily cushioned and perfectly worn in all the right places, beckoning you to climb in and curl up … at least until Dad wanted to sit down.

The Toyota Avalon Hybrid is a modern automotive interpretation of the La-Z-Boy: smooth, comfortable and easy to drive or ride in as a passenger, if lacking in quickness or sporty style.

The Avalon Hybrid is frugal with its... Read More