2017 Avalon Hybrid

2017 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

2017 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota Avalon Hybrid?

Most dependable car!

by PurpleLizard47 from Hampton, VA on Thu Feb 15 2018

A luxury car similar to Lexus for much lower price! Most popular options are included except a few items. Smooth and luxury ride! I bought 2018 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Premium Plus for the same price as 2017 Avalon Hybrid Premium Plus and paid a great deal plus dealer throw in free oil/filter changes free. Also got State inspection free engine warranty for lifetime as I own. Love it very much!

Very Comfortable Car

by Neal from Oak Park, IL on Sat Jul 29 2017

My Camry was totaled, and I wanted another Toyota, having spent $800 on repairs, other than tires, battery, and brakes, in 106,000 miles. I was going to buy an Avalon with the 3.5L V6, but looked at the torque numbers of the hybrid, and they were the same as the V6. I test drove the hybrid and loved it.

It was a test drive.

by George Davis from Portland, OR on Sun May 06 2018

The ride was smoother than my current Prius. It was roomier; & the exterior was very nice with the alloy wheels. I would buy it if I needed a new car.

Gteatt

by 2nd Avalion from SAN Diego on Sat Aug 19 2017

This is my second Toyota Avalon hybrid. My other was for 2013. The car rides great is comfortable and I have some new gadgets that I really appreciate such as the cruise control, that once it's set will slow you down and speed you up in traffic. It also has the rear sensors so when you're backing out of a parking space and let you know if a car is coming or even people. Then there is the blind spot monitor works great. I've already thought of buying a new one in 2020 after the model changes in 2019 that's how much I enjoyed the car

Does not recommend this car!!

Japanese Cadillac

by Stingray18 from PJ, New York on Sat Aug 12 2017

I was looking for a midsize hybrid for commuting. When I arrived at dealer they through me the keys to the Avalon Hybrid and said the Camry would be pulled around next. This car in its base form was head and shoulders above the decked out Camry. Powerful, smooth, comfortable, 40 mpg... and not hard to look at either.

New Car Purchase

by tellis376 from on Wed May 31 2017

I just bought this car so I don't feel like I can provide an accurate review since I have only owned the car for 5 days. So far I like the car and don't have any issues. I would really like to be writing this review once I have owned the car for a year or so.

Our Take on the 2017 Toyota Avalon Hybrid

The verdict:

The 2016 Toyota Avalon Hybrid is a composed, comfortable highway cruiser with loads of trunk space and impressive fuel economy, but you'll have to be willing to pay Lexus money for a Toyota.

Versus the competition:

The Avalon Hybrid delivers a winning blend of efficiency, comfort and value, but its control layout frustrates, and competitors offer more upscale accommodations.

The Avalon is the only hybrid in the class of large sedans from modest brands, but its price puts it in line with luxury sedan hybrids such as the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid and the Lexus ES 300h from Toyota's luxury arm. The Buick LaCrosse also offers a mild-hybrid version with its eAssist model. Compare all four models here.

Editor's note: This review was written in February 2016 about the 2016 Avalon Hybrid, but little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

For 2016, the Avalon and Avalon Hybrid got a mild styling update, more standard features and new safety options for the top trim. The Hybrid model comes in XLE Plus, XLE Premium and Limited trims, and the Entune multimedia system with a 7-inch screen is newly standard across the lineup. The midlevel XLE Premium adds new standard features such as navigation and Qi wireless charging for compatible smartphones. Compare 2015 and 2016... Read More