1999 Toyota Camry

Very good car

by from on September 18, 2017

1999 Toyota Camry, automatic, air condition, am/fm Dual airbags, power windows, power door locks, power steering, power mirrors Runs great
Not Rated Reliability

Definitive 200,000+ mile vehicle

by from Columbia, South Carolina on September 17, 2017

Owned this car used from 2004-2017. The 99 Camry is the perfect example of everything you want in a solid, long term vehicle. The drive is loose after 200,000 and incredibly engaging. 0-60 is surprisingly fast and made for fantastic highway travel. The car is also one of the most comfortable I've ever driven. The cabin noise is almost minimal, and even after 200,000 miles, even though parts are steadily falling apart, the engine still runs admirably and without any significant noise. When they talk about Japanese quality, this engine is it. As far as repairs, most were common including brakes, chains, and etc. standard to all vehicles. There was one oil leak later in its life, but that appeared to come from human error rather than the car. The power locks and power windows were by far the biggest repair issue, and common to newer Toyotas. Three windows have had to be replaced in its life along with at least one power lock door. The A/C also gave out in the 160,000K mile point and has a musty smell. The interior definitely shows age, and a lot of the cheaper aspects have pulled over time, especially the power window panel and arm rests. The dash, however, continues to be fully functional and solid. All in all though, these are very repairable things that could have pushed the vehicle over 300,000 miles I truly believe. The 99 camry will always be one of my favorite vehicles and a prime definition of a quality build.

Most reliable car I've ever heard of

by from Newberg, OR on September 15, 2017

This Toyota Camry is just amazing. I've heard nothing but great things from anyone who has ever owned a Camry and it showed through when I test drive it!
Not Rated Reliability

Love my Toyota!

by from Appleton, Wisconsin on August 5, 2017

Why Toyota? Build quality, reliability and cost of ownership. I would have a hard time buying anything other than a Toyota/Lexus.

Very Reliable and Great Gas Mileage!

by from Harpers Ferry, WV on August 1, 2017

Great for commuting and for a small family. It gets great gas mileage and has a nice big trunk. My back seats even folded down to accommodate bigger items.

Great for an older car

by from Raleigh, NV on July 14, 2017

I've only had this car about 3 weeks and haven't experienced any major issues. It's an almost 20 year old car, but I'm hopeful it will last me a few good years. It's a great little car.

keeps on tickin'

by from connecticut on July 5, 2017

it's got 215k and the original clutch. i bought it 15 years ago and hope to see it turn 300. incredibly reliant and runs as well as it did when i bought it.

Feels great to drive. Smooth and plenty of power!

by from Everett, WA on June 26, 2017

The Camry was my favorite of all the previously owned vehicles I've had. When the new to me car I have now finally gives up the ghost I will look for a new used Camry first.

Reliable, strong engine

by from Ohio on June 8, 2017

My car is 18 years old with over 180,000 miles and it still runs just fine! I have had a few minor technical issues within the last few years - gas peddle and shifter sticking, turn signals going out, check engine light coming on for my gas cap. It also leaks oil, so I have to watch out for that. But most of these things were easy, cheap fixes and just come with having an older car. Style-wise, I like the look of the car, but it is a bit square and box-y, especially the rear. Overall, I love this car and I have definitely gotten my money's worth.

1999 Camry still going strong

by from on May 26, 2017

I have owned the following Camry's 1989, 1990, 1999, 2006 and now 2016 You know all Camry's are great, but have to admit as my son is still driving the 1999 and owned it for eight years the 1999 is frankly the best Camry Toyota ever build and may newer die