1999 Camry

1999 Toyota Camry

$746 - $5,234  MSRP Range
1999 Toyota Camry

Have You Driven the 1999 Toyota Camry?

happy

by m,n from on Thu Apr 07 2011

great car, 175,000 and still going, i'm hoping my next car will last this long. i've test driven other cars and swear that my 99 camry sounds better, and handles better than some new cars

1999 Toyota Camry V6 XLE: 210k and counting

by Big Bri from Longmeadow, MA on Thu Oct 14 2010

I bought this car with 12k on it and have since put on almost 200k more. Never had a major problem, other than a locked brake caliper 7 years ago. Car still runs great. Itt still has plenty of power. I actually prefer it to my wife's Lexus RS 300!

99 Camry

by Matt B from Dallas, X on Fri Apr 06 2012

I never thought this Camry would hold up to my abuse, 170,000k and still going strong. I keep looking around for something to replace this Camry, but it just won't quite. Just regular maintinance.

Never Dies

by Vinay from Chicago on Tue Aug 28 2012

Hi, I bought 1999 Camry LE 4cyl used when it has 106k miles in august 2010 and now it has got 200k on it. I have been driving the car mostly on freeways sometimes I used to drive continously for 15hrs long trips with 1 or 2 breaks just for gas and food. I never hired a car for my long trips. I love to travel in my car and it never let me down. Never invested anything on the car other than general maintainance tyres and brakes and once changed the timing belts and water pump when it has 126k miles. Now its 200k miles and still running great, smooth and solid like a new car. I am going to use this car until it dies. I can say that this is the most reliable car that I have ever seen.

1999 Camry LE Purchased 12/12 from Amazing car

by Camry Don from New York, MY on Fri Sep 20 2013

I purchased the LE Camry 1999 from an elderly couple whowere selling it where it had been garaged and meticulously cared for in all Areas _ did a car fax which was clear and spoke with the mechanic who worked o n the car for many years and he suggested thati shouldn't pass up this offer clean as a whistle 75,000 miles Comfort,space ease at driving quiet handling responsive are attributes - Gas mileage has been exceptional on highways getting bewtee 30 - 33 mpg when I don't have to use AC or heat - I stepped into this great great car which will be lasting quite a while ! Don

1999 Toyota Camry - best car ever

by JEFFMNAZ from Phoenix, Arizona on Wed Oct 28 2015

I am the original owner of my 1999 Toyota Camry - 6 cyl Stick shift - love the car - has 282,000 miles on it and no issues. Drive it out here in the desert - up to the mountains - runs like a champ - just recently drove it 5,000 miles out east on vacation. Would recommend this car to anyone. Would drive it anywhere.

Never breaks down

by practdriver from Queens Ny on Sat Nov 06 2010

1999 dark green camries had a good year. There are several of them on my street (I live in Queens). I never have any problem except routine maintenance and I bought the car used five years ago.

310k + and still a great car

by I want to keep this car until I die from East Coast on Mon Jul 23 2012

LE 3.0litre v6, auto, abs 4 wheel disc, woodland green, alloy wheels, brown interior, 6 speaker cd/radio/cassette, power mirror/door/window/driver seat. Japan-made I was in elementary school when my family purchased this car brand new. I would fall asleep in it on those long car trips because of the quiet comfortable interior. I learned to drive in the Camry as a teenager, and several years ago at 260k miles my father handed me the keys when it was time to give up my worn out Corolla. Now my Camry has almost 310k miles and shows no sign of quitting. All of my friends cannot believe the odometer, but I explain that it has never gone more than a week without being driven by someone in my family and always take a check engine light seriously (not that it has often). I plan to be driving it after I graduate college in about a year and even years after that when I move into a home of my own. I baby it by keeping a coat of wax on and never going 100 miles over the recommended service. Only major issue I can think of was when the ECU needed to be replaced at 100k miles. But still, this has been the least expensive car to own overall in the family. It doesn't want me to spend time at the shop, it wants to be out on the open road! I must add there is nothing exciting about driving a 99 Camry. Acceleration and stopping is great but it is far from a sports car. But I love it for its dependability and couldn't imagine giving it up. I would like it to be my weekend car when I can afford a new one in a couple years.

Extremely well built car

by Big J from Eugene, OR on Tue Mar 11 2008

This is my second Camry. First was an '88 V6 now we have a '99 XLE V6. First one we drove in to the ground, put almost 200k on it then traded it in for the current one. It is great on long trips or daily commute, very fun to drive lots of power and excellent freeway mileage. No mechanical problems, just a visor broke. The moonroof is fantastic, the trunk space and folding rear seats are great. I did blow all the speakers, but that one is on me! I think this generation is the nicest looking Camry until the newest style. Hard to buy anything but a Toyota, even thought they are pricey, but they just don't break!

Best car!

by Love my 99 Camry from Arizona on Tue Dec 11 2012

This car is my first car. Bought it at 175,000 miles. There was only one previous owner of this car, he had all maintenance records provided. I have the LE v6. The ride is super comfortable, and out of all the cars in my family, whenever we go on road trips they insist on taking mine because of the comfort. It's really fast, the gas mileage is pretty good. Overall I love this car. Hopefully I'll have it til it dies.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7