1999 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry
Average based on 38 reviews

happy

by from on April 7, 2011

great car, 175,000 and still going, i'm hoping my next car will last this long. i've test driven other cars and swear that my 99 camry sounds better, and handles better than some new cars

1999 Toyota Camry V6 XLE: 210k and counting

by from Longmeadow, MA on October 14, 2010

I bought this car with 12k on it and have since put on almost 200k more. Never had a major problem, other than a locked brake caliper 7 years ago. Car still runs great. Itt still has plenty of power. I actually prefer it to my wife's Lexus RS 300!

Never breaks down

by from Queens Ny on November 6, 2010

1999 dark green camries had a good year. There are several of them on my street (I live in Queens). I never have any problem except routine maintenance and I bought the car used five years ago.

99 Camry

by from Dallas, X on April 6, 2012

I never thought this Camry would hold up to my abuse, 170,000k and still going strong. I keep looking around for something to replace this Camry, but it just won't quite. Just regular maintinance.

One of the best car

by from central california on April 25, 2010

I think Toyota Camry one of the best car. I purchased it used with salvage title 92K miles on it. Never had any problems with it now it has 138K miles drives as good as new. This quiet big car has such a good gas mileage. I took it on trip thru California Oregon and Washington States, very convenient drive day and night. Changed only cooling system expiation tank and radiator. Easy access so anybody can do it himself because of a lot of room under the hood. Very reliable car!!!

Extremely well built car

by from Eugene, OR on March 11, 2008

This is my second Camry. First was an '88 V6 now we have a '99 XLE V6. First one we drove in to the ground, put almost 200k on it then traded it in for the current one. It is great on long trips or daily commute, very fun to drive lots of power and excellent freeway mileage. No mechanical problems, just a visor broke. The moonroof is fantastic, the trunk space and folding rear seats are great. I did blow all the speakers, but that one is on me! I think this generation is the nicest looking Camry until the newest style. Hard to buy anything but a Toyota, even thought they are pricey, but they just don't break!

you are crazy not to love it

by from tucson arizona on May 6, 2009

the camry is the best car ive ever owned and probly ever will timing belt breaksw every 1ook but that is to b expected not great gas mileage but good and the fasteest 4 cyl ive ever driving the atuo will beat manuals off the line hands down best car ever

Great Car

by from Phoenix, AZ on August 31, 2012

Never had a problem with this car. Great performance, comfort, reliability, and dependable. Original owner and miss my old camry dearly. It handles great, gets great MPG, stylish, and comfortable. Not a better made car on the road. This car will last to atleast 200K miles if not MORE!

310k + and still a great car

by from East Coast on July 23, 2012

LE 3.0litre v6, auto, abs 4 wheel disc, woodland green, alloy wheels, brown interior, 6 speaker cd/radio/cassette, power mirror/door/window/driver seat. Japan-made I was in elementary school when my family purchased this car brand new. I would fall asleep in it on those long car trips because of the quiet comfortable interior. I learned to drive in the Camry as a teenager, and several years ago at 260k miles my father handed me the keys when it was time to give up my worn out Corolla. Now my Camry has almost 310k miles and shows no sign of quitting. All of my friends cannot believe the odometer, but I explain that it has never gone more than a week without being driven by someone in my family and always take a check engine light seriously (not that it has often). I plan to be driving it after I graduate college in about a year and even years after that when I move into a home of my own. I baby it by keeping a coat of wax on and never going 100 miles over the recommended service. Only major issue I can think of was when the ECU needed to be replaced at 100k miles. But still, this has been the least expensive car to own overall in the family. It doesn't want me to spend time at the shop, it wants to be out on the open road! I must add there is nothing exciting about driving a 99 Camry. Acceleration and stopping is great but it is far from a sports car. But I love it for its dependability and couldn't imagine giving it up. I would like it to be my weekend car when I can afford a new one in a couple years.

Best car!

by from Arizona on December 11, 2012

This car is my first car. Bought it at 175,000 miles. There was only one previous owner of this car, he had all maintenance records provided. I have the LE v6. The ride is super comfortable, and out of all the cars in my family, whenever we go on road trips they insist on taking mine because of the comfort. It's really fast, the gas mileage is pretty good. Overall I love this car. Hopefully I'll have it til it dies.