Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1999 Camry

1999 Toyota Camry

$842 - $5,438  MSRP Range
1999 Toyota Camry

Have You Driven the 1999 Toyota Camry?

Most reliable car I've ever heard of

by Eleanor from Newberg, OR on Fri Sep 15 2017

This Toyota Camry is just amazing. I've heard nothing but great things from anyone who has ever owned a Camry and it showed through when I test drive it!

out of 5 starsReliability

Reliable, strong engine

by marketer101 from Ohio on Thu Jun 08 2017

My car is 18 years old with over 180,000 miles and it still runs just fine! I have had a few minor technical issues within the last few years - gas peddle and shifter sticking, turn signals going out, check engine light coming on for my gas cap. It also leaks oil, so I have to watch out for that. But most of these things were easy, cheap fixes and just come with having an older car. Style-wise, I like the look of the car, but it is a bit square and box-y, especially the rear. Overall, I love this car and I have definitely gotten my money's worth.

LOVE <3

by Camry Gal from on Wed May 28 2014

Age of a car means nothing with this 1999...I have had this vehicle since highschool....now im in my last year of college. The only major maintenance/ repairs I have had done is oil changes every 3 months, I've only had to replace the brakes once and then I had some front end body work done twice (I got hit in a parking lot) and then another minor wreak. This car has pick up..great gas mileage. I drive a great distance to and from home and college and my car is still rolling. IF I DO DECIDE TO BUY ANOTHER VEHICLE FOR THE HECK OF IT...I WILL NOT SALE OR TRADE IN MY CAMRY. IMMA DRIVE IT UNTIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF.....WHICH IS NO TIME SOON.

Great And The Most Reliable Family Car I've Owned.

by Bumblebi from Birmingham, AL on Fri May 26 2017

The car is a pleasure to drive because it tuns so smoothly even at its age. It ha? great gas mileage and saves money at the pump.

Definitive 200,000+ mile vehicle

by bachtalking from Columbia, South Carolina on Sun Sep 17 2017

Owned this car used from 2004-2017. The 99 Camry is the perfect example of everything you want in a solid, long term vehicle. The drive is loose after 200,000 and incredibly engaging. 0-60 is surprisingly fast and made for fantastic highway travel. The car is also one of the most comfortable I've ever driven. The cabin noise is almost minimal, and even after 200,000 miles, even though parts are steadily falling apart, the engine still runs admirably and without any significant noise. When they talk about Japanese quality, this engine is it. As far as repairs, most were common including brakes, chains, and etc. standard to all vehicles. There was one oil leak later in its life, but that appeared to come from human error rather than the car. The power locks and power windows were by far the biggest repair issue, and common to newer Toyotas. Three windows have had to be replaced in its life along with at least one power lock door. The A/C also gave out in the 160,000K mile point and has a musty smell. The interior definitely shows age, and a lot of the cheaper aspects have pulled over time, especially the power window panel and arm rests. The dash, however, continues to be fully functional and solid. All in all though, these are very repairable things that could have pushed the vehicle over 300,000 miles I truly believe. The 99 camry will always be one of my favorite vehicles and a prime definition of a quality build.

I love driving this car!!

by kittykat from Buford,Ga on Tue May 09 2017

I started driving this car last summer when I got my license as a new 16- year old. With no wheel caps and peeling paint, I sure wasn't excited, but at least I was driving, not my mom. It's been 11 months and Iv'e put almost 10,000 miles on the car by myself and this Camry continues to run without any dragging or mechanical issues(it helps when your dad and the owner are both mechanics). Within the next few weeks I will hit 360,000 miles and it will defiantly be a celebratory moment! Whether you are looking for a teenage starter car or an old beater to make a couple of years, it's amazing where regular car maintenance take your millage. The only downside is that this car burns gas like no ones business. There is a large tank which helps. To fill this car takes about $40 and it defiantly eats it up..

Very Dated..

by Khol from DFW, TX on Tue Jun 11 2013

I have had my 1999 Camry CE for about a month or so now. It has about 145,000 miles on it. Despite this the engine still runs like new after I replaced the original spark. While the engine run great the handling is not great for highway driving. The shifting is not so great either. The car feels floaty and the steering has no resistance. The seats are not comfortable for long car rides. The car is boxy and it always catches the wind on the highway. If possible I would suggest looking at a different body style ('02 or newer) or even a different car altogether (such as the Honda Accord).

Over-rated, Expensive to repair

by Camry Hater from on Fri Nov 07 2008

I bought a 99 Camry as I did not have enough money to buy a brand new. It had 57K on the clock with everything seemingly in good shape.Four months later, I started to get knocking noises from the front end and a specialist(@ M*nr*)said struts were the culprits. Noise did not go away though. After taking it to another independant mechanic(who found nothing wrong with the suspension) I googled the problem and found out that Toyota used a low quality mount bushings on Camrys & Lexus(es) between 97-99 that should be replaced along the struts when the time comes. The dealer wants appr.1500$ to cure the problem and the independants say they don't guarantee it will do it for the noise. My tip? Don't get too excited with seemingly immaculate low mileage Camrys as they are no better than any other car in terms of build quality or maintenance costs. Do your homework and get a car with a dealer warranty if you want to avoid paying outrageous repair costs. Otherwise,it is not worth it unless you were a mechanic!

Beware Camry Hype

by BooCamry from Virginia Beach, VA on Wed Oct 22 2008

Bought new 1999 Camry and have a several major problem areas. Front suspension: Loud squeaking w/in 20K miles - both STRUTS needed replacing. Auto transmission: Slipping bwtn 1 and 2 gear under 70K miles - needed replacement. Paint: Clear coat failed w/ resulting paint damage w/in 6 years. Interior wood trim: Delaminated w/in 6 years. Interior arm rest: Top cushion detached from underlying structure. I have talked to other Camry owners and most have had some of these problem, but still insist this is their best car - GO FIGURE!

Does not recommend this car!!

Most reliable car among all I owned in the past.

by brad from West Michigan on Mon Nov 06 2006

Car is very comfortable and the gas economy is excellent. Problems include Gear shift cable breakage, Accelerator paddle getting stuck when moving car from stop, and some noice in desh or suspension.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7