2007 Camry Hybrid

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

4.5

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid?

Very impressed so far

by cantexan99 from Amarillo, TX on Thu Oct 28 2010

I purchased an '07 Camry hybrid a few months ago. I love the ride, the look, the accessories, and the gas mileage (I average around 36 most tanks). I didn't realize how much I was really able to save by trading in my 4-runner. The only down side is I do get some rattles around the speakers, but all-in-all I really love this car.

Best car I've Owned

by SonexFlyer from Fredericksburg, VA on Mon Aug 02 2010

With over 70K miles on the odometer, I still love this car. I've monitored mileage for every tank and put overall fuel mileage at 37.5 mpg. Other reviews claim bad tire mileage, I just replaced the first set at 59K miles with original equipment tires approx. $150 each installed by dealer. On 8K trip to the west coast and back averaged 38 mpg. Leather has held up well even with a 70 lb dog in the back seat most of the time.

Low maintenance, great reliabilty, superior mpg

by KarlwithaK from Maryland on Mon Jul 21 2014

I bought my 2007 hybird new and now have 166,000 miles on it. Change the oil and rotate the tires every 5000 miles. Rear brakes replaced around 120k, the front brakes are still original. No other maintenances costs to date, except tires. On my 4th set of tires, logged 65000 on the BFG set just replaced. Gas mileage exceeds advertised unless travelling 70 mph on the interstates, when it drops to 36 mpg, because the internal combustion engine is running full time. Slightly better mpg in city driving, but I get 42 mpg overall, have gotten over 44 mpg on some tank fulls, 600+ mi per tank. I usually put in about 14.5 gallons on a fill-up. You can optimize your mileage by keeping below 40 mpg (on appropriate roads of course) and pressing the gas pedal lightly so as to stay in all-electric mode. Looking to get 300k out of this car. Really, 42 mpg is great for a car this size.

Worth Every Penny

by Long-Time Toyota Owner from Austin, Texas on Wed Jun 08 2011

I purchased a used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with 54,000 miles and could not be more pleased with it. The car came with all the options including a GPS and heated leather seats. Yes the plastic trim on the interior doors is pretty cheap looking but that's such a small matter when compared with the smooth and quiet ride, lots of acceleration, and phenomenal gas mileage. 35 miles per gallon at 75 miles per hour with the air conditioning on during a long drive cross country on interstates. Closer to 40 miles per hour at lower speeds and about 32 or 33 miles per gallon for my daily commute that includes both highway and in-town driving. We love this car.

Better then the 2010 gasoline camry

by Hybrid Khan from Windsor, CT on Wed Jan 22 2014

I owned 2007 Camry Hybrid 50th anniversary edition for exactly 3 years, and let me tell you something, it is not one of the best cars but ’THE BEST CAR’ I ever owned. Even better than a 2010 Camry (Gasoline Version) that I purchased brand new. It caused arguments in the family that who would drive the Hybrid because no one wanted to drive 2010 Camry Gasoline or Honda Civic. I bought my Hybrid with 69k miles on it and it had just over 150k when it got total because of an accident. It gave me 34-35MPG on any average day. But during rain or aggressive driving it droped down between 32-33MPG. The best MPG I managed to get was 39.8MPG but it was only during when I was driving 200miles a day (all highway miles). Having said that, unlike Toyota advertised, it gives better MPG on the highway than in city driving condition. Since it was a 50th Anniversary Edition, it had all the bells and whistles one could ask for. It even had a built in remote starter. Since it is heaver than the gasoline Camry, the ride was much more firm and comfortable. If there is one thing that I didn’t like about this car is that it didn’t have Traction Control off mode which means if you live in New England and you got stuck in the snow, you’ll be stuck there for a while. Other than that it’s a perfect car all around. During the 3 years ownership, all I did is replacing the tires and the wiper blades and I am surprised that even though I drove the car for 80K miles my breaks were still going strong.

Best Techno for a Proven Winner, but Bad Teeth.

by My other car is a '55 FORD F-250 Flatbed (Factory} from Missoula, Montana ,between Yellowstone and Glacier on Thu May 03 2007

I bought the Camry Hybrid after testing the Prius and Honda Civic. For comfort, styling and reliability, Camry has always been exemplary, and the new Hybrid takes all these standards to a new higher level. Before writing this review I tried to think of a negative factor discovered post purchase. Okay. Hold on to your socks, if you do wear socks with your Berkinstocks. The smiling grille on the Hybird is not the same color as the rest of the car. It is fake chrome. That's how you tell if the new Camry you just saw is a Hybrid instead of just another gasser. That fake chrome is very susceptible to spots that won't buff out. Cheezy accent, aye? Another detail that is harder to pick out at 65 mph is the HYBRID logo on the front fenders, and the small Synergy-Drive logo on the trunk. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to flaunt my Hybrid-ness, b ut the ugly spots on the grille bug me. Otherwise, Toyota has come through with another awesome product that is sure to sell. U>S>A take note. It will be interesting to see if the battery warranties last the life of the cars. Hummers have an ad that is comparing cost/reliability of them to hybrids. I had to choke off my guffaws. More power to all you buyers who pay for the technology that saves Carbon pollution while enjoying reliable comfort.

I love Toyotas!

by LilPngwn from Carson City, Nevada on Mon Oct 23 2017

It's a 1 of a kind, it makes you feel luxurious without the price tag of $$$$$. It's named the safest most reliable car in the US and it gets great gas milege.

Quite a luxury car

by New technology lover from Madison, WI on Sun Mar 30 2008

What a great car! I'm really happy with a purchase. A bit expensive for a non-luxury brand, but i got all the options, all of them and whenever I get in, i realize that it really feels like a luxury car. Only two concerns: 1. City milage is extremely hard to maintain. In fact, in the winter i get 33 mpg on average, summer 38-40 if i try really hard. However, the manual claims it should be driven as a regular car. I wish there would be a way to start it off on electric only (I've seem some CA sites modding the Priuses) 2. Navigation system. The voice recognition is not the greatest (try saying in Milwaukee into it), but I don't mind. What I mind is that it won't let you use the screen to input addresses while in motion. So if you are on a toll road and need to find the right exit, should your plans suddenly change, you are screwed, you need to stop. I understand that it's a safety feature, but i wish it could see that there is a passenger in the car and enable the manual input. Other than these two I have no complaints absolutely.

I could sell these cars!

by Former zoom zoom from Atlanta on Thu Oct 25 2007

I'm on my fourth tank of gas and am averaging 41 mpg combined. I drive her gently and use the good acceleration only when necessary. It takes the edge off of sitting in Atlanta traffic when I see I'm not using any gas. I love going 600 miles between visits to the gas station. All the safety features are reassuring, too. Just wish I had bought one sooner!

Great Car! No Regrets!

by Looking for Value from Washington on Sun May 04 2008

Purchased new in September 2007 and no regrets. If you only drive two miles to work and two miles home, chances are your mileage will be lower, but when you take longer drives, I've received anywhere from 38 to 42 mpg on the freeway, depending on the number of hills you negotiate. Toyota products have proven their dependability and this model comes through. Yes the trunk space is smaller and the navigation system has some voice recognition issues, but I challenge anyone to find a car that will have everything perfect. I higly recommend this car if you're looking for dependibility, mileage and value. Too bad the IRS didn't maintain the tax break of $2,600 I enjoyed. It added to the value of the vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9