2007 Camry Hybrid

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

4.5

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid?

Camry Hybrid Battery Failure

by Az grandmother from Tucson, Az on Tue Apr 04 2017

I love this car but the hybrid battery went bad (low voltage) at 160,000 miles which weakened the performance. It ran on the gas engine, but after a few months, it would stall and then would have a hard start and then it would be jerky going forward or backward when it was started. Eventually it would not go at all. I was tempted to junk it, but after reading comments from other owners and mechanics, I found out that the cells that are bad in the hybrid battery could be replaced instead of buying a new or used hybrid battery which would cost thousands. I put an ad on craigslist and found an experienced mechanic who could do that. Only 4 cells needed to be replaced at $50 each, plus labor. If the mechanic doesn't have extra good cells, then you can order them. E-Bay had lots of businesses that sell them. I now have my "rebuilt " battery in and my car runs like new!! I am so happy with it. I realize now that the hybrid battery controls almost everything and the car can't run well without it. Also, it is not good to run the car if the battery goes bad, this will weaken the battery some more, which might damage more cells. I have heard that the older batteries last about 8 years. Overall, it seems that you pay double for a hybrid car but the gas savings don't come close to reimbursing the extra cost for the car. But it is better for the environment, as long as you can afford it. But hybrid batteries for newer cars cost less and last longer. I hope this helps others. If you live in the Tucson, Az area, I will gladly give you the name of the mechanic (he gave me permission). lynncaz3@yahoo.com

Does not recommend this car!!

Very impressed so far

by cantexan99 from Amarillo, TX on Thu Oct 28 2010

I purchased an '07 Camry hybrid a few months ago. I love the ride, the look, the accessories, and the gas mileage (I average around 36 most tanks). I didn't realize how much I was really able to save by trading in my 4-runner. The only down side is I do get some rattles around the speakers, but all-in-all I really love this car.

Best car I've Owned

by SonexFlyer from Fredericksburg, VA on Mon Aug 02 2010

With over 70K miles on the odometer, I still love this car. I've monitored mileage for every tank and put overall fuel mileage at 37.5 mpg. Other reviews claim bad tire mileage, I just replaced the first set at 59K miles with original equipment tires approx. $150 each installed by dealer. On 8K trip to the west coast and back averaged 38 mpg. Leather has held up well even with a 70 lb dog in the back seat most of the time.

Love My Camry Hybrid - why do a Prius?

by KingsKid from Boca Raton, FL on Sat Dec 11 2010

I bought my 2007 Camry Hybrid new off the lot in 2007. 45,000 miles later I still love it and have not had a single problem with it. Averaging 37 mpg and wondering why anyone would buy a Prius when you can have the Camry?? I rented a Prius on a business trip and averaged 45 mpg but it doesn't have nearly as much room and the ride is nothing compared to my Camry. I don't think you could ask for more in a Hybrid and highly recommend this often overlooked car to everyone.

Better mileage than advertised

by lovethehybrid from Denver, CO on Sun Sep 07 2008

I consistently get far better mileage on the highway than it's rated. The city mileage is accurate. I bought this as a secondary car, but it's become our primary family vehicle.

Worth Every Penny

by Long-Time Toyota Owner from Austin, Texas on Wed Jun 08 2011

I purchased a used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with 54,000 miles and could not be more pleased with it. The car came with all the options including a GPS and heated leather seats. Yes the plastic trim on the interior doors is pretty cheap looking but that's such a small matter when compared with the smooth and quiet ride, lots of acceleration, and phenomenal gas mileage. 35 miles per gallon at 75 miles per hour with the air conditioning on during a long drive cross country on interstates. Closer to 40 miles per hour at lower speeds and about 32 or 33 miles per gallon for my daily commute that includes both highway and in-town driving. We love this car.

This is the most comfortable car for someone tall

by Stella from Pflugerville on Thu Sep 16 2010

Leg room is incredible, overall value is great. Gas mileage is excellent and this car runs like a dream. Very quiet and comfortable on the highway. Lots of pick up and go in town.

Great Car! No Regrets!

by Looking for Value from Washington on Sun May 04 2008

Purchased new in September 2007 and no regrets. If you only drive two miles to work and two miles home, chances are your mileage will be lower, but when you take longer drives, I've received anywhere from 38 to 42 mpg on the freeway, depending on the number of hills you negotiate. Toyota products have proven their dependability and this model comes through. Yes the trunk space is smaller and the navigation system has some voice recognition issues, but I challenge anyone to find a car that will have everything perfect. I higly recommend this car if you're looking for dependibility, mileage and value. Too bad the IRS didn't maintain the tax break of $2,600 I enjoyed. It added to the value of the vehicle.

Big car ride; small car appetite

by jman from Wenatchee, Wa. on Sun Mar 06 2011

Bought used with 20,000 miles. Have had no problems. Typically get 39 mpg on an 8 mi (one-way) drive to work -half in town- half highway. On the road the I am getting between 41-43 mpg. The car is quiet, has descent power. I just got a new set of tires and am awaiting a front-end alignment to see if it helps it track better in a straight line ( on rough roads it seems to wander). Other than one console squeak and half of the trunk having a pass-through. I have little to complain about. This is a great car, especially for those with some distance to travel each day.

Best Techno for a Proven Winner, but Bad Teeth.

by My other car is a '55 FORD F-250 Flatbed (Factory} from Missoula, Montana ,between Yellowstone and Glacier on Thu May 03 2007

I bought the Camry Hybrid after testing the Prius and Honda Civic. For comfort, styling and reliability, Camry has always been exemplary, and the new Hybrid takes all these standards to a new higher level. Before writing this review I tried to think of a negative factor discovered post purchase. Okay. Hold on to your socks, if you do wear socks with your Berkinstocks. The smiling grille on the Hybird is not the same color as the rest of the car. It is fake chrome. That's how you tell if the new Camry you just saw is a Hybrid instead of just another gasser. That fake chrome is very susceptible to spots that won't buff out. Cheezy accent, aye? Another detail that is harder to pick out at 65 mph is the HYBRID logo on the front fenders, and the small Synergy-Drive logo on the trunk. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to flaunt my Hybrid-ness, b ut the ugly spots on the grille bug me. Otherwise, Toyota has come through with another awesome product that is sure to sell. U>S>A take note. It will be interesting to see if the battery warranties last the life of the cars. Hummers have an ad that is comparing cost/reliability of them to hybrids. I had to choke off my guffaws. More power to all you buyers who pay for the technology that saves Carbon pollution while enjoying reliable comfort.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8