2008 Camry Hybrid

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Excellent Road Car

by SweetrideInc from Long Island, NY on November 18, 2008

As an automobile wholesaler, I drive around the tri-state area (NY, NJ & CT) and have just switched from driving whatever is in my inventory to this 2008 Camry Hybrid. It is amazing! When you buy this car fully equipped it feels like a vehicle that is a lot more expensive than it really is. The controls are well placed, the navigation is easy to use, and Bluetooth compatibility keeps me from getting tickets for not using a hands free device. The ride is quiet, smooth and comfortable. I've observed way better than posted miles per gallon both city and highway. Limited trunk space isn't much of an issue - it will hold my son's stroller and a few of his toys. Whatever else I need to haul I use my 2007 Lexus RX400h - another winner! I added a factory spoiler and I almost feel like I'm not driving a "boring Camry". It changes the whole look of the car. Don't lease this - BUY IT and KEEP IT!

Flat out AWESOME!

by Gas hog gone GREEN! from Moore, OK on July 23, 2008

This car is remarkable...recommended by my parents who purchased one last year...this car has only 2 flaws: 1. no memory seats 2. trunk space is limited. Now other than that you cannot go wrong! Actually, the trunk space isn't as bad as I originally had thought...I can still fit 2 bat bags and luggage for an out of town trip in it! It can be driven soley or perfect for a family of four to five! The car has great features available and the quiet ride is unmistakable. I find myself watching the computer to get better mpg's. There is no loss of power with the hybrid engine, and the steering controls make it easy to handle in traffic. I turn heads when out driving this car...more and more people are asking if I feel the switch is worth it. My answer is always YES...and my pocket book thanks me! 40 mpg is a great motivator when you were used to getting 13 mpg! I have no issues with how the car sits in traffic compared to my previous high sitting truck and the safety reviews are the same! I have no problems seeing in all directions. My children love it too! They find it exciting to watch the navigation screen (extremely easy to use I might add--and don't forget the blue tooth for hands free driving) It is a great feeling when I am not getting lost on the way to our destination and can talk freely on the phone with out worry! I have never driven a car so smooth and quiet before! If you are looking to go green and want a touch of luxury the Camry is the way to go!

Great mileage and comfort

by LuvmyCamry from Northfield, IL on August 30, 2014

Just bought my 2008 Camry Hybrid with 61K miles. First tank 42.5 mpg hwy, wow! Very comfortable and surprisingly good acceleration. BTW 36mpg city too. I am very impressed,

Economical and Comfortable

by Never Had a Hybrid from Youngstown, OH on November 12, 2010

I purchased a 2008 Camry Hybrid with 28,000 miles on it. Has every option including nav. Gets about 38 mpg. Didn't have to give up size for gas mileage! Runs great, looks great, saves money and still can haul the family. Still under factory warranty and its Toyota Certified.

Life saver

by Two Camry owner from Virginia on April 16, 2012

I have owned three Camry Hybrids in the last year. The first one was totaled in a "T-bone" accident at 45 MPH. I walked away from the accident with a minor seat belt bruise. 10 years ago, the accident would have been a killer. I replaced the totaled car with another and then sold my wife's 2004 Chevy Impala and bought her a Camry Hybrid. We are both very happy with the cars and their performance and hope never to test their safety features again.

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED OTHER THAN MY PRIUS!

by HYBRID FAN from PORTLAND OREGON on December 8, 2010

I BOUGHT MY CAMRY HYBRID AS A CERTIFIED USED CAR FROM A TOYOTA DEALERSHIP. IT WAS A LEASE CAR..VERY CLEAN. IT IS EQUIPPED W/ ALL THE EXTRAS, INCLUDING MOONROOF, LEATHER, SATELLITE RADIO, GPS, JBL SOUND SYSTEM, BLUETOOTH, HEATED SEATS, YET IT I STILL GOT 39 MPG DRIVING TO THE BEACH. I AM VERY SATISFIED. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT BOTH THE PRIUS AND THE CAMRY ALLOW TOO MUCH ROAD NOISE. IF TOYOTA WOULD INSTALL SOME SOUND DAMPENING MATERIAL THIS CAR WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

Good compromise

by hoss from hartford, CT on June 5, 2008

Being a "car guy" I bought this for my wife who does a lot of in town driving. We got the 50th anniversary edition and it is sharp. Compared to a regular gas engine car, the trunk is smaller, brakes slightly twitchier, and ride somewhat bouncier. this is all due to the hybrid drivetrain and extra weight. I have to say that after 15,000 miles I enjoy driving the car when I get a chance. Here in hilly New England, our summer mileage is low to mid 30's and slightly better on the highway using cruise. We drive it like a normal car so as to not aggravate those behind us. The interior materials and fit and finish are a little disappointing compared to my Accord EXL but this is minor. Reliability is spot on. We will keep this car for a long time.

The best car I've ever owned

by Wally from Ann Arbor on October 11, 2007

This is really a special car. I usually buy a new car every 3 to 5 years. This is definitely the most comfortable and best looking car I've parked in my driveway. The gas mileage is a bonus. I average between 39 and 40 mpg consistently for highway driving (about 70 mph with the cruise control on for the most part) I don't get 40 mpg in city driving (about 36 is good enough for me. I love my Camry Hybrid.

reliable

by value seeker from MN on April 1, 2015

Bought this car new and have driven it over 160,000 miles so far with minimal mechanical problems. I enjoy the good gas mileage too. The only negative is that is not a good car in snow, since it is low to the ground and also hybrid feature. But overall it has exceeded expectations.

love this car

by Goathearder from E. Nassau, New York (Rens. Co) on April 5, 2009

Purchased this hybrid after looking at many high mpg cars, this one stood out and caught my eye because of the color, the fact it was a Toyota Camry Hybrid was like it was calling my name and said "come look at me, I am what you are looking for". I was starting a new job 28 miles away from home and am a woman who would be driving alone so I wanted some thing really reliable. Toyota was recommended by Consumer Reports so My husband and I were concentrating on them. I am very happy, learning about the new technology is fun to me, and I don't have a problem with it, my husband doesn't like it and wants all cars to go back to the 60's, but he doesn't drive it every day. So tough! Yes, I was disappointed when I saw the trunk, it could have a bigger pass through when the seats backs are put down, but for the time we will use it in that capacity, it will suffice. I love the color, people who see me with my car either love the color or hate it. It is Jasper Pearl. (lime green,I can easily find it in a parking lot.) My dad has been buying Toyotas since 1962, his first was a lime green station wagon, he is very proud of me for being a Toyota owner at last.

1 2 3 4 5