2008 Camry Hybrid

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid?

Excellent Road Car

by SweetrideInc from Long Island, NY on Tue Nov 18 2008

As an automobile wholesaler, I drive around the tri-state area (NY, NJ & CT) and have just switched from driving whatever is in my inventory to this 2008 Camry Hybrid. It is amazing! When you buy this car fully equipped it feels like a vehicle that is a lot more expensive than it really is. The controls are well placed, the navigation is easy to use, and Bluetooth compatibility keeps me from getting tickets for not using a hands free device. The ride is quiet, smooth and comfortable. I've observed way better than posted miles per gallon both city and highway. Limited trunk space isn't much of an issue - it will hold my son's stroller and a few of his toys. Whatever else I need to haul I use my 2007 Lexus RX400h - another winner! I added a factory spoiler and I almost feel like I'm not driving a "boring Camry". It changes the whole look of the car. Don't lease this - BUY IT and KEEP IT!

Flat out AWESOME!

by Gas hog gone GREEN! from Moore, OK on Wed Jul 23 2008

This car is remarkable...recommended by my parents who purchased one last year...this car has only 2 flaws: 1. no memory seats 2. trunk space is limited. Now other than that you cannot go wrong! Actually, the trunk space isn't as bad as I originally had thought...I can still fit 2 bat bags and luggage for an out of town trip in it! It can be driven soley or perfect for a family of four to five! The car has great features available and the quiet ride is unmistakable. I find myself watching the computer to get better mpg's. There is no loss of power with the hybrid engine, and the steering controls make it easy to handle in traffic. I turn heads when out driving this car...more and more people are asking if I feel the switch is worth it. My answer is always YES...and my pocket book thanks me! 40 mpg is a great motivator when you were used to getting 13 mpg! I have no issues with how the car sits in traffic compared to my previous high sitting truck and the safety reviews are the same! I have no problems seeing in all directions. My children love it too! They find it exciting to watch the navigation screen (extremely easy to use I might add--and don't forget the blue tooth for hands free driving) It is a great feeling when I am not getting lost on the way to our destination and can talk freely on the phone with out worry! I have never driven a car so smooth and quiet before! If you are looking to go green and want a touch of luxury the Camry is the way to go!

Great mileage and comfort

by LuvmyCamry from Northfield, IL on Sat Aug 30 2014

Just bought my 2008 Camry Hybrid with 61K miles. First tank 42.5 mpg hwy, wow! Very comfortable and surprisingly good acceleration. BTW 36mpg city too. I am very impressed,

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED OTHER THAN MY PRIUS!

by HYBRID FAN from PORTLAND OREGON on Wed Dec 08 2010

I BOUGHT MY CAMRY HYBRID AS A CERTIFIED USED CAR FROM A TOYOTA DEALERSHIP. IT WAS A LEASE CAR..VERY CLEAN. IT IS EQUIPPED W/ ALL THE EXTRAS, INCLUDING MOONROOF, LEATHER, SATELLITE RADIO, GPS, JBL SOUND SYSTEM, BLUETOOTH, HEATED SEATS, YET IT I STILL GOT 39 MPG DRIVING TO THE BEACH. I AM VERY SATISFIED. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT BOTH THE PRIUS AND THE CAMRY ALLOW TOO MUCH ROAD NOISE. IF TOYOTA WOULD INSTALL SOME SOUND DAMPENING MATERIAL THIS CAR WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

Economical and Comfortable

by Never Had a Hybrid from Youngstown, OH on Fri Nov 12 2010

I purchased a 2008 Camry Hybrid with 28,000 miles on it. Has every option including nav. Gets about 38 mpg. Didn't have to give up size for gas mileage! Runs great, looks great, saves money and still can haul the family. Still under factory warranty and its Toyota Certified.

Life saver

by Two Camry owner from Virginia on Mon Apr 16 2012

I have owned three Camry Hybrids in the last year. The first one was totaled in a "T-bone" accident at 45 MPH. I walked away from the accident with a minor seat belt bruise. 10 years ago, the accident would have been a killer. I replaced the totaled car with another and then sold my wife's 2004 Chevy Impala and bought her a Camry Hybrid. We are both very happy with the cars and their performance and hope never to test their safety features again.

reliable

by value seeker from MN on Wed Apr 01 2015

Bought this car new and have driven it over 160,000 miles so far with minimal mechanical problems. I enjoy the good gas mileage too. The only negative is that is not a good car in snow, since it is low to the ground and also hybrid feature. But overall it has exceeded expectations.

The best car I've ever owned

by Wally from Ann Arbor on Thu Oct 11 2007

This is really a special car. I usually buy a new car every 3 to 5 years. This is definitely the most comfortable and best looking car I've parked in my driveway. The gas mileage is a bonus. I average between 39 and 40 mpg consistently for highway driving (about 70 mph with the cruise control on for the most part) I don't get 40 mpg in city driving (about 36 is good enough for me. I love my Camry Hybrid.

Best car I have owned

by BG in Newton, KS on Sat Mar 10 2018

I bought the car with 51,000 miles in it. It now has 226,000 and runs like the day I bought it. The only repair was about a month ago when some type of hybrid relay switch needed replacing. At that time the mechanic said the hybrid battery was still in great shape. My car is fairly loaded - heated leather seats, etc. All features have held up extremely well. I could not be happier with this car and hope to get it at least to 300,000 miles.

This is the one to buy

by dapacarl from Houston Texas on Tue Feb 18 2014

This is the most reliable and comfortable car I have own in fact I bought two of this Toyota Camry Hybrid the first three year old 2007 and second for my wife two week ago 2008 I have no problem so far

1 2 3 4 5