2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid

QUIET, COMFORTABLE and THRIFTY

by from Arlington, VA on September 17, 2017

Outstanding gas mileage. Comfortable and quiet around town and on the interstate. Many safety features, excellent visibility and multiple front & rear airbags. Only drawback is that the trunk is shallower than the non-hybrid.

Highly Undervalued Car

by from Aliso Viejo on July 28, 2017

I bought this car used 2.5 years ago and absolutely love it. I average 33 mpg and have had only the normal type of maintenance issues on a 140,000 mile car. The braking electronic master cylinder failed, but Toyota covered that on warranty. The only expensive thing i have had to do is replace the 12v accessory battery. It is expensive, $500.00. But, it lasted 9 years. Amazing. I highly recommend a used toyota hybrid of any stripe. If you don't mind driving an older car, it will likely last longer than any brand new car you buy.

Very reliable and fun driving

by from Garland Texas on July 7, 2017

Very roomy and balanced car. It's effective and reliable. Reasonable cost of service and widely known and loved

Toyota has hit a home run!

by from Appleton,Wi. on May 4, 2017

This 08 Camry Hybrid is in a class all by it self, Quiet, comfy, excellent mpg, best mid size out there, love it!

Comfortable Reliable Well designed body & interior

by from Pickering Ontario Canada on April 29, 2017

Worded in a Toyota dealership service department for over 24 years. Drove mostly 5 series BMWs during this time and decades previously. Still own a restored 1987 BMW 635CSi for the purpose of sometimes required adrenaline rush. The Camry Hybrid is one of the best vehicles that I have had pleasure of owning. I do not like the exterior or interior design changes of the present hybrids. The interior dash chrome looks unappealing and tacky. The only good design change is the smaller battery behind the back seat, leaving more trunk space. So there you have it, a thirty year old BMW and a ten year old Toyota. LOVE both.

First Toyota Purchase

by from on April 17, 2017

I have usually always driven either a Honda or a Mazda but found a good deal on a Toyota Camry Hybrid, so I thought I would explore that option a bit more. After some research, I could not find many dissatisfied customers of the Toyota Hybrid, so I moved forward with the purchase. So far I have been very impressed with the overall quality, and mileage I have been getting from this car. I would highly recommend it to anyone that commutes over long distances on a regular basis.

Looks good outside and CHEAP INSIDE!!!

by from midland, tx on May 27, 2016

I read reviews on Toyota Camry Hybrid. I own a Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I expected the Toyota reliability, quality, and value for money......NEITHER of these exist in this car. Car paint peels off plastic trim. Plastic trim inside car is possibly the cheapest you can find. Buttons feel cheap. Styling inside is Grandmother type. Awfull.....No value....Overpriced. for same price look at the Ford Escape Hybrid. Lasts 300 000 miles, Gets 34 MPG all the time with AC. Quality Leather and Plastic. Camry is honestly so over hyped!!!

reliable

by from MN on April 1, 2015

Bought this car new and have driven it over 160,000 miles so far with minimal mechanical problems. I enjoy the good gas mileage too. The only negative is that is not a good car in snow, since it is low to the ground and also hybrid feature. But overall it has exceeded expectations.

Great mileage and comfort

by from Northfield, IL on August 30, 2014

Just bought my 2008 Camry Hybrid with 61K miles. First tank 42.5 mpg hwy, wow! Very comfortable and surprisingly good acceleration. BTW 36mpg city too. I am very impressed,

Why did I not go green earlier?

by from Fountain Valley Ca on August 6, 2014

Being that it is a hybrid, a few things really exceeded my expectations. Obviously, the gas mileage is better than my old 6 cyl Camry that only had 19 mpg city. This car gets 33 mpg city driving. But the quietness of the engine was shocking and having halogen lights was an unexpected luxury. The cons of this car, which is no fault of Toyota, but the previous owners', is the after-market radio. It is a nice double din touchscreen, but certain features were lost, like Bluetooth, steering wheel controls of the audio system and backup camera.Whoever installed the unit did not fully integrate all of Camry's conveniences. So a word for used car buyers: make sure these features work if equipped, which this car did, before purchasing or negotiate the price down!