2012 Camry Hybrid

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Not your old geezer car

by Rhodies from Easley, SC on January 21, 2012

Quiet (!), exceptionally smooth CVT transmission (!), much peppier than anticipated (200hp !), better than expected overall gas mileage (41.6 mpg!), more than adequate luggage space, quiet (did I mention this already?), just plain old fun to drive(!). Best of all, $2800 savings on buying a similar Ford Fusion hybrid. Did not consider the Hyundai because of reported braking problems. Base model seemingly gets better gas mileage than dolled up model with all the bells and whistles. We are impressed with our car which we've had for over two months.

hybrids

by none from Oklaahoma on September 21, 2012

I have had two previous hybrids. A 2008Honda Cvic which met our basic needs but wanted acar that gave good mileage and have luxury. The second was a 2011 Sonata Hyundai hybrid that turned out to be a very poor car. It gave poor mileage, the air conditioning was poor even after it was replaced and it tended to be jerky. The 2012 Toyota Hybrid is a terrific car with excellent mileage and mine is the luxury model with all avaible equipment. I think this is one of the best cars on the market today.

The best car I've ever owned

by CPWCamry12 from Greenbelt, MD on January 23, 2012

This car floats on the road, over potholes and bumps. It zooms with power but without being aggressive and showy. It's quietly responsive and does its job smo-o-o-o-othly on demand.

Far exceeds manufacture MPG ratings

by Toyota Lover from Northern Illinois on December 10, 2012

I bought my new Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE in March 2012. I currently have 13,000 miles and the oil change is covered by Toyota for two years is the only thing that has been needed. I often try to see how high my MPG per trip can get, as each trip is calculated by the car. I drive the car in ECO mode all the time and it is only sluggish if you drive it that way. This car really moves at any speed if you put your foot in it. My average work commute consist of 62 miles round trip. Within that distance speed range from 25-55mph with no highway driving. My mpg average since I brought it, has been consistent 45 on the low and 47 on the high. I have had individuals trip s of 32 miles and have reached as high as 60mpg. The highway driving that I have done I normally achieve 41-43 MPG at 70MPH. If you are considering a family car with outstanding mileage look no further.

Surprisingly Good in Winter Road Conditions

by Minnesotan from Fridley, MN on December 29, 2012

Have owned a 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE for a month now. Nothing negative to report, no bad surprises, which given the millions of Camry's out there is about what any of us would expect. As a positive surprise, I was really excited about how well the hybrid drives on slippery, slushy, snow- or ice-covered winter streets and freeways. In the Twin Cities, we get up to 4 months a year of such, and the Camry Hybrid is a star. The regenerative systems slow the car better than a "traditional internal combustion engine", and that's before the ABS and Traction Control do their stuff. MPG - I'm getting upper 30's when its cold and on short trips, and low 40's when its warmed up. Would recommend in a heartbeat.

Best Car Ever!

by Happy Working & Traveling Mom from Marlboro, NJ on May 2, 2016

Bought a Toyota Camry Hybrid in 2012: best car I've ever owned or driven! Gas mileage as advertised (usually > 40 mpg for commuting, about town, and long family trips) and uses less expensive regular. My thanks to the designers for the many extra touches and conveniences: visual driving feedback screens among my favorites. Intuitive, clearly labeled, easily managed controls. Lots of built-in apps in 2012: incl. GPS navigation, satellite radio, hands-free mobile phone support (although navigation not included in 2016, I found). As comfortable and luxurious as my husband's (twice as expensive) luxury cars, and soooo quiet. Same trouble-free reliability I've come to expect from Toyota. The only thing that could possibly make this car better is if it came in the color Turquoise!

Can't keep myself away from the car

by Bill from Combined Locks, WI on June 29, 2012

We bought the car for fuel economy, reliability, and style. We are satisfied on all three counts! In the first three months, we have averaged 40.4 MPG. This in a car that is surprisingly stylish and comfortable. My interior design rating of 4 is based only on the location of the start buton. We have owned Toyotas since 1990 and it appears that our satisfaction with the product will continue well into the future.

great car

by k from Tempe, AZ on July 14, 2012

I was dead set on getting the VW Passat TDI as I loved my 2001 Passat. But the quality of the inside of the car and the smoothness of the Camry Hybrid sold me. I love this car, I have had it for 2 weeks and I love driving it. Getting about 40 MPG. The Passat TDI was noisy and the interior looks pretty utilitarian, and cost more than my XLE with leather package. I think the Camry styling looks very cool. Never had a Toyota before but very happy with my purchase

CAMRY Hybrid Excellent for High Gas Prices

by Delaware Philco from Northern Delaware on April 16, 2012

I bought a 2012 Toyota CAMRY Hybrid a month ago. I have put almost 1200 miles on it. So far, it is everything I expected and wanted. On the highway it is a beautiful, smooth, quiet and solid-feeling vehicle. It averages a genuine 41 MPG so far, with some stop-and-start city driving mixed in. The trunk space is surprisingly large, considering that there is a battery located beneath the trunk deck. If you decide on a Hybrid after you test drive it, you can get almost any gizmo and creature comfort included for about $ 30K. It appears to be a very solid value from a manufacturer on the rebound.

Best fuel mileage on any car I've owned.

by Ron from Springville, AL on April 19, 2012

Other mid-size makes advertise 35 MPG. That is flat-grade highway with speeds below the speed limits. They get in the 20's in town and combine about 28 at the most. I get 40 MPG all the time. Smooth ride and excellent power.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8