2018 Camry Hybrid

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid

2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid?

Best car I have owned

by Teamam from Vancouver, WA on Thu Nov 09 2017

We bough the Camry Hybrid XLE to save money but one of the biggest advantages in the car is the technology and safety features. We are in out mid 50's and want all the safety features we can get to keep us safe and make sure we do no bump into things.

Excellent from driving and handling perspective

by Amkv from Minneapolis,MN on Mon Feb 05 2018

I LOVE my HYBRID SE car. I can't stop driving it!! , but lot of grief from the infotainment Entune 3.0 system in this car. It simply sucks .

Like driving a space shuttle, only more up to date

by Zadatz from Pensacola, FL on Wed Nov 29 2017

Picked up my Camry Hybrid LE two weeks ago, and it's everything as advertised. Took a 200 mile road trip yesterday. The car practically drives itself, with lane assist / correct, radar based cruise control, and visual / audio cues for everything. It's pretty amazing. Only knock is that the LE trim doesn't come with alloy wheels.

Toyota Camry XLE Hybrid is Brilliant

by RB from Rocklin, CA on Mon Aug 27 2018

This is my 3d Camry Hybrid and 4th Hybrid. As a 25 year Mercedes Benz owner, my driving experiences have been among the elite passenger vehicles. For the money and all things considered, the 2018 Camry XLE Hybrid ranks as the best vehicle (for the money) in over 50 years of driving. Moreover, at 46-47 mpg, it's wonderful to go about 500 miles on a tank of gas. It's electronics and safety features are state-of-the art. It's ride is superb. It's interior features reflect class and intelligence. It's exterior is sporty yet elegant. It's paint is remarkable. It's an outstanding vehicle.

real nice car nice updates for 2018

by bj from pa on Mon Dec 18 2017

nice all around car handels like a sports car great looks and good fuel milagenice interior real up to date gpsyou can always depend on toyota for good quailty

best hybrid sedan IMO except Porsche Panamera

by SteveHybridBeliever from OR on Mon Oct 30 2017

Great redesign of the Camry Hybrid from ground up from 2018. choose the LE base model for 10-15% better mileage and equal performance to the SE or XLE. rated 52-51mpg, I am getting 44.5 mpg real in all driving conditions and I don't baby the car. Great car in all respects! and a real bargain at 27 -28 thousand dollars for the LE. Only minor downside is relatively low clearance, so not good for off road or badly rutted roads or driveways with piles of snow.

Love the car

by Pasty from Conway, arkansas on Sun Feb 11 2018

Love the car, but I don?t like to have my cell phone to operate the navigation. Like the old navigation better. This is the 4th car I have purchased from Toyota. And 1 SUV. Love the navigation in my 2016 highlander. Had my car about 3 weeks and still can?t operate my nav.

Exactly what I wanted.

by Tyg from Salado, TX on Wed May 09 2018

This car has everything I wanted plus some. The safety features are amazing. The drive is smooth. There is plenty of room inside the car and trunk has adequate space for what we need. One of the first things I noticed on my test drive was that I do not really have any blind spots. I do a lot of highway driving and am averaging about 475-500 miles per tank. This has been my best car purchase yet.

2018 Camry LE Hybrid impression after 2500 miles

by CGAEChief from Saint James City on Fri Sep 14 2018

To start with I am blown away by the MPG. We just completed a two week road trip of 2500 miles. Just me and the wife with a loaded trunk (which is huge) and a loaded back seat. On the highway doing 70 mph, we averaged 51 mpg. If I pushed it up to 78-80 mph the MPGs dropped of to 46. The driver's seat is comfortable for the first 2.5 hours. After that it starts to cause some lower back pain. I have a bad back to start with, but in my SRX I could go all day with no added discomfort. It is so quiet on well paved roads. The transmission is so smooth. Over 600 miles on 12 gallons of gas. That was a mix of highway and city driving. That was also running around the Smoky Mountains. The little 4 cylinder was more than enough to go up the mountains, or to pass another vehicle at 65+mph. There are so many beautiful colors to choose from; Midnight Black Metallic, Ruby Flare Pearl, Brownstone, Predawn Gray Mica and Wind Chill Pearl. We really liked the all of these. Our first choice was the Wind Chill Pearl, but Camry Hybrids are so scarce that we chose a Ruby Flare Pearl. It looks like liquid red glitter. It is beautiful. The standard safety features are incredible. The adaptive cruise control is a huge back saver. You don't have to constantly engage and disengage the cruise control in traffic. It automatically maintains a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you by reducing the vehicle speed, and when you get in the passing lane to go around them it automatically returns you to your selected speed. I don't want to ever own another vehicle that doesn't have this feature. We purchased this vehicle from a Toyota dealership in Florida that has no sales commission. The employees work off of a salary and bonuses. It was so nice to deal with no high pressure sales, and the constant involvement of the Sales Manager. Same thing when we went into the finance office; "Here's whats available, would you like any of it?" How fantastic is that?! Just two weeks in and I would absolutely make this purchase again.

Very good gas mileage. ETune needs improvement

by Solomon from Louisville, KY on Mon Dec 11 2017

Good performance in terms of gas mileage but not handling during a turn off highway ramp. Scouts disconnect from ETune every once in a while...quite annoying !

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid

The verdict:

The Camry Hybrid offers hybrid fuel economy without compromise, matching the gas model in comfort and cargo room while also offering an efficient, responsive powertrain.

Versus the competition:

A big boost in fuel economy for 2018 gives the Camry Hybrid a leg up on much of the competition.

The 2018 Toyota Camry got a much-needed, comprehensive redesign (see the review), and those changes carry over to the Camry Hybrid.

In addition to welcome new styling and better chassis dynamics, the all-new Camry Hybrid also boasts much better fuel economy. Figures vary by trim level: The LE (the trim level I tested) has EPA-rated mileage of 51/53/52 mpg city/highway/combined. That combined figure is a 30 percent improvement over the 2017's 42/38/40 mpg rating. SE and XLE models get a 21 percent improvement for 2018: 44/47/46 mpg versus 40/37/38. Compare the 2018 Camry Hybrid with last year's model here.

Needless to say, the Hybrid's mileage dwarfs the regular Camry... Read More