2001 Camry Solara

2001 Toyota Camry Solara

$762 - $7,490  MSRP Range
2001 Toyota Camry Solara

Have you driven the 2001 Toyota Camry Solara?

I am amazed

by Look for reliabilty from Pueblo, Colorado on Fri Jan 21 2011

I am a second owner of a 2001 solara v6 3.0. I purchased this at 16,999 miles in 2003. I have put 100,000 more miles on it since I have owned it. I am amazed at the other reviews as my experience was not the same. I reseached the name Toyota and thought I was purchasing the best most reliable vehicle on the road, and after reading the other reviews I may have just been unlucky. I had to replace the motor which was under waranty thank god at 85,000 miles. About 4 months later my transmission was leaking I took it to Toyota (all work as performed at Toyota) and it needed replaced. This was not under warrany. All under 100,000 miles. Like I said it may have been poor luck. All maintnance was done on time. Replaced oil with Mobil One full synthetic every 3 months and Mobil one oil filter, I would replace the air filter at the same time. I will say it never did just leave me, I just noticed smoke when it would start and I took it to toyota and they replaced the motor under warranty. The Transmission was leaking just a couples of drops a day, one or two is it. The thing started with out hesitation every time. I have taken it accross the country several times with out one problem. The car is very quite, very nice looking with dark tinted windows (2001) decent power, nice handling. I guess it was reliable and after reading everyones reviews, I just had the only bad one. My wife just loves her car. I just was iffy, now I am sure this will last forever now with new motor and transmission.

Soon To Be A Classic

by Steve D. from New Jersey on Mon Feb 12 2018

Are you a retired Boomer/empty nester who wants a ride w/flair ,comfort and reliability? Then get a Solara with as low miles as you can find. Take good care of it and in a few years you'll be able to get more for it than you paid. Just bought a 2001 w/120K on it. Adult owned and well maintained. Put two tires on it and an oil change Then took two trips to Fla. (Tampa and Key West and back) Flawless performance .Excellent AC . Tough getting out of the back seat if you're not limber only complaint.Big trunk for lot of luggage or golf clubs. Full size spare too!.. They stopped makin' 'em so like the Mazda Miata NA/NB models they will hang on to their value as time goes by.. A good one to give to the grand kids for a college car.

No frills equal more fun

by Red Car owner from Bay Area, California on Fri Apr 23 2010

Its more fun driving my four cyclinder Solara than my Lexus ES330. Why, well I like hearing what the engine is doing and have no gadgets to take my concentration from the road. Everything has been laid out logically requiring almost no eyes off the road to change the temp or turn down the radio or increase the fan. It gets me 27MPG in suburban enviroment which is the best of any of my cars. We bought it certified for the kids but I decided to keep it instead. I highly recommend this car.

most roomy

by Caro from Clarksburg, Md on Sun Jan 31 2010

As far as roomy and comfort for a convertible the solara wins hands down. i have driven them all. largest back seat space. all accessories work great after 9 years. a no issue, fun vehicle

Best used car I've ever owned

by Toyota Impressor from Columbia, MD on Sat Jul 28 2012

I purchased my Solara last year around June. The previous owner didn't show the car very much love. The paint job had faded and the interior was inundated with dog hair. After seeing it I thought....do I really want to test drive this thing. Well, since I was there, I decided to take it for a spin. To my surprise, the car drove like a dream, the engine purred, smooth ride, transmission changed perfectly. So I bought it. I went to Maaco for a inexpensive paint job and had a 8 hour detail job done to remove the dog hair, Darn...looks like a new car. After one year and some routine maintenance, the car is truly a gem. No engine or transmission problems. The A.C. is so cold I have to wear a jacket (kidding) When I change the oil the color is only a shade darker than the original color. when I idle at a stop light the RPM needle doesn't move at all. The car is truly a Toyota masterpiece.

I love this car!

by Clt dym from Charlotte, NC on Thu Jun 04 2015

At 292,000 miles, I haven't had anything major that needed to be done until now. I need a transmission and this car has been so reliable, I'm seriously considering getting a new transmission after I price how much it would be to get a motor in case I need one within the next couple of years. I put easy highway miles on it and I believe that's why it lasted so long. I had it for twelve years and am very satisfied with it.

Like New at 9 years old!

by Toyota Buddy from Fort Worth, TX on Fri Sep 17 2010

People can't believe this car is 9 years old. The interior is almost flawless --great quality leather, headliner, etc... Love the moon/sun roof. Smooth ride. Everything works beautifully. Incredible bargain.

2001 Toyota SLE Solara

by Car lover from South Carolina on Tue May 16 2006

This car is a good value for the money. I bought my car used. Has great spunk, nice style (in/out)..mechanically sound...the leather is not cheap...nice sound system (jbl). Very fun to drive. Gas mileage could use some improvement...but overall, very good bang for the buck!!

Red Convertible-Awesome car! A real head turner.

by Lotta fun from Hollywood, CA on Mon May 28 2007

I bought this car this year, as an 2001. And everything about it inside and out is like it's brand new. Engine, looks, operation, etc. The oil never gets dark, it's always perfectly clear even before oil changes. It's not a very common car so people often gawk and ask what it is when the top is down. people really love interior, all leather, they always want to stare inside. It's good on gas but a fairly large car. I love it. Looks and performs way more expensive than it is.

I love this car!

by Psychpilot from Macks Creek MO on Mon Mar 31 2008

I bought this 2001 Camry Solara used, in 2006. It had about 52,000 miles. It looked new, inside and out. I have not had to spend a dime on it, other than for routine maintenance. It has LOTS of power ... enough to get in trouble. The only detrimental thing I can say about it is that the gas mileage could be better. I average about 25 mpg (combined). I love this car!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2001 Toyota Camry Solara

First introduced as a 2000 model, the Toyota Camry Solara convertible became an instant favorite of mine.

What's not to like about a vehicle that's based on the best-selling Camry and combines Toyota quality and affordability with the ability to carry four adults comfortably in an open-air atmosphere?

I'll tell you what's not to like. It's the added-on TRD performance package that came with the red-flame 2001 Solara convertible I recently tested.

The premise is good. Dealer-added TRD packages -- TRD stands for Toyota Racing Development -- are now available on a wide range of vehicles, from the Corolla and Celica cars to the Tacoma and Tundra trucks, adding sportier looks and/or sportier... Read More