2005 Camry Solara

2005 Toyota Camry Solara

2005 Toyota Camry Solara

4.5

Have You Driven the 2005 Toyota Camry Solara?

Most Reliable Car I've Owned - even for long drive

by SportyGal from Baltimore, MD on Wed May 05 2010

Great comfort for long drive and road trip. Wide space, the trunk can fit 2 huge luggages (50 lbs each) which I usually use for overseas travel. The rear passenger area has lots of leg-rooms. Quiet drive as well.

Hard to Give this One up

by Love My Solara from Somerset, KY on Mon Sep 13 2010

This car is a dream to drive. It gets around town easily, and it goes good on the highway. The gas mileage is great. The dash is so easy to read and it's arrangement is stylish. When I am in the car I think that I am in a luxury car. The only drawback I find is the ease of getting in the back seat. The doors are very large and when parking I allow for a little more space to eliminate "bumping" from other vehicles. The feature I never had in another car is the tire indicator light. When it was on, I needed air or there was a leak to be fixed. It is a sporty looking car and I have had several compliments from other car owners. One person said that I looked younger driving the Solora. I like that!! I found that long distant travel was less tiring than in the larger cars that I owned. I have owned several different makes and models of cars, and I find that my Solara is a "keeper".

What a comfortable and stylish car

by Sunny in Florida from Florida on Thu Jul 30 2009

Great ride with really good gas mileage in town-up to 24mpg or on the highway- up to 31mpg. I have enjoyed my Solara Convertible on long roads trips especially. This car handles good and we enjoy taking the top down and enjoying the views! I keep up with the routine maintenance(every 5k miles) and have not had any issues with this vehicle since owning.

Great highway mileage & reliability

by john from walnut creek, Ca on Sat Jul 26 2008

I bought the car new. I have had other convertibles which I bought new. The 2005 convertible beats them hands down on all counts. I have not had a single issue in the almost 4 years I have owned it. I have taken 4 cross country trips and one round trip to southeastern Utah and have gotten 29-30mpg. Local city driving is about 18-20mpg. I am most pleased. My grandchildren enjoy it too. John Walnut Creek,Ca Ca

very comfortable highway car

by highway driver from canada on Mon Mar 12 2007

no problems other than weatherstripping and front strut replacement. radio could be better. quality excellent and reason for purchase as choice was european convertibles

What a car

by stud from Corpus Christi on Tue Nov 15 2011

Purchased used from a dealer and the car (convertible) is very quiet from inside. Very smooth ride and good power and very stylish.

Nicest car I've owned

by Sports car craz from Honolulu on Sat Jan 27 2007

I'm the only owner for this ausome vehicle. Hasn't have any problem with it. Lots of power and very nice sound system. Gets about 19-20 MPG. Very smooth ride, loved its handling ability.

Second car that has become our favorite!

by John Ross from Springfield, MO on Wed May 10 2017

We've had several convertibles before and desired another for a fun, summer car. We purchased a decade old vehicle with low miles. We knew the top would need repair eventually, but otherwise there were no glaring issues. After owning this car for 8 months, we have grown to appreciate the simplicity of the driving experience. Our other cars have fiddly keyless entry and starting, transmissions that are computer controlled and turbo engines requiring premium fuel and extra maintenance plus high dealership pricing for everday maintenance. This vehicle starts, drives, shifts, kicks-down, stops and purrs along like a breath of fresh air. The oil stays clean and is changed at the dealer for $35! Parts are cheap and easily acquired. Any facility can work on it. The engine is easily inspected without having to remove fancy covers. Now, we replaced the top and headliner, which was $1600 and bought a new head unit from Best Buy that had Bluetooth, Nav and back-up camera to get some modern conveniences. But the last time my fancy garage kept German car had a slight oil leak, it cost close to $900. Oil changes for it are $150! Yes, the Solara has some cowl shake and wind noise with the the top up. But i know the car will start and run as expected every time. And bring a smile to my face driving it, especially with top down!

Solid Buy

by The Wheelright from Los Angeles, CA on Mon Oct 21 2013

I've only driven it for one month, but my recent purchase of a 2005 Toyota Solara SEV6 has been a pleasant reaffirmation of my faith in the quality and value that Toyota brings to most of its products. I drove a Camry V6XLE for years and it was a solid and dependable car with excellent handling and a smooth powertrain. However, I have been very disappointed in the body styling of Camry, since 2000. The Solara, now discontinued by Toyota, carries forward the tradition of the Camry in a two-door coupe that captured my eye as an excellent buy. It doesn't have the horsepower and acceleration that my V6XLE had, but it's performance is very pleasing and I recommend it.

Vista Motors great deal

by RiRi from Methuen on Sun Feb 15 2015

Bought 2005 solora conv. for dtr. Vista Motors inW. Bridgewater were great. Car in Excellent shape. Staff was veery nice. Car runs and handles great. will last mydtr. a long time.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2005 Toyota Camry Solara

OK, so it's not really convertible weather. So what? Here in Texas, unlike those northern snow-belt states, we can get convertible weather, if only for a day or two at a time, even in winter.

So I suppose Toyota had that in mind when the company dropped a 2005 Camry Solara convertible in my driveway recently for a weeklong test. Yes, it was chilly and rainy most of the time I had the car, so I kept the top up on those days.

But I did have at least one glorious top-down day during my week in the Solara, so I did get to enjoy its open-air driving feature at least for that day.

Three years ago, Toyota introduced a completely redesigned Camry sedan, on an entirely new chassis, but kept the Solara coupe... Read More