2007 FJ Cruiser

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser?

Reliable & Rock Solid!

by All Around Car Guy from Milwaukee, WI on Tue Mar 29 2011

Fell in love with the FJ at its Auto Show premiere so I purchased the 1st edition 07 FJ in Spring of 06 and now have 60K miles on it. No problems mechanically, very reliable and a solid runner. Regular maintenance is easy and cheap. You don't even need a jack to change the oil, just crawl underneath and the top mounted oil filter makes it even easier. The futuristic styling speaks for itself, no other SUV on the road looks like it. Plenty of interior room although the back seats can get cramp for a long raod trip, you wouldn't want to sit back there for more than 4 hours. Fold-down the seats and there is ton of cargo room. Handles well in good/bad weather. Stock tires are just okay in snow, traction is not the best especially when stopping in snow. However, the 4 wheel drive works fantastic in bad weather. 18 to 20 mpg in the City and 22 Highway, assuming you don't have a lead foot. If you're constantly carting around more than 2 people, this may not be the best SUV for you. But for the occasional 3rd passenger, this is a fine SUV for getting through bad weather and hauling cargo. Fantastic sound system, MP3 Aux jack is great. No frills interior, rubber-lined floor makes for easy clean up especially in winter. Only negatives is that it has a terrible blind-spot which takes getting use to. Must trust your mirrors, attaching an self-adhesive bubble mirror to the standard mirror helps tremendously, did that on both mirrors, just like a school bus. Also, standard jack is useless. Had a flat tire once and the jack was too short so I carry a speed jack in the trunk in case of a flat - small negatives overall. Unbeatable value considering other SUV's in its class, reliable, safe and very easy to own. I plan on keeping this truck well past 250K and would gladly get another.

Simply the best!

by J-Dub from Tucson, AZ on Tue May 29 2012

I bought my 2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4 from a Toyota Dealer in Phoenix Az. It was a certified preowned vechicle with about 49k miles on it. After tons of research and test drives yet hesitant about buying foreign, it has been the best decision I have ever made with a vehicle. Where to begin? I think Toyota hit it out of the ball park with this, the first year (2007) they started making the FJ Cruiser! Zero problems so far! I have had this on some of the worst, rocky trails ever and it has done nothing but impress me and perform like a dream. Some people on quads were amazed that it got so far on the trail as their ATV's did. Back on the Highway, no creeks, rattles or any kind of loose interior or exterior sqeaks at all! Plenty of power, fuel economy is about 20 mpg. If your considering don't hesitate just join all the happy FJ Cruiser family members.

Tonka Truck

by Doc from LA, CA on Tue Mar 22 2011

I've driven it through snow drifts in the Sierra's and flood waters in So CA and it takes it all in stride. Like it was smooth paved road. My kids can trash the interior with mud, snow and sand from the beach and it cleans right up - looks like new all over again. Reminds me of the old metal Tonka trucks I had when I was a kid. Just more fun than the Range Rover I use to have. Simplicity and performance.

745Li vs FJ Cruiser

by BoatTowinTruck from South Carolina on Tue Aug 15 2006

Each morning I have two cars to choose from to drive; my BMW 745Li and FJ Cruiser. Maybe it's the newness, maybe the fun factor, maybe the height and who knows, but the FJ has won out 75% of the time since the FJ arrived in March. For long road trips, there is nothing better IMHO, than the 745. Around town, the FJ is just pure fun. For utility when towing and loading furniture etc, the FJ is perfect. Mileage on the FJ is 18-20 MPG, not bad and better than I expected. Wind noise from the roof racks is pretty significant, but the FANTASTIC FJammer stereo can crank above the noise. The system with the Sub-Woofer and in ceiling speakers is really excellent. Visibility on the FJ is poor and you need to use the mirrors; once you get used to it, though, it's fine. Would I buy the FJ again--ABSOLUTELY. Am I ready to give up my 745Li- No Way Two great vehicles....

Snow and ice no longer a problem

by Coolest car out there. from Milwaukee, WI on Thu Dec 30 2010

I'm from Wisconsin and snow is a huge problem. I needed a 4x4 vehicle for that reason. So I looked around and every car looked like the same old boring style. This is my first time making a huge investment on a car and I wanted to be happy with my purchase. I look forward to driving this sun fusion yellow car everyday. Knowing I have one of the safest and coolest cars makes it all worth it. I love the trick doors but if you have kids I can see how this can be a problem. Take a test drive with the family to see if it works for you. The FJ Cruiser is flat out a head turner. The design is just so different that I?m proud to be behind the wheel of this bad boy. Jeeps are great cars but they don?t have the shock value if the FJ Cruiser. The yellow beast makes me realize you only live once, smile and have fun.

Update on my Dauntless FJ

by Jerry from Denver,CO on Wed Jan 24 2007

Hello from Colorado, as you may have heard, the Denver area has been experiencing recent unprecedented and considerable weekly snow blizzards. My decision to buy the new F J has been validated time and time again this winter, in plowing through nasty snowdrifts and other nasty unexpected obstacles. If you want an excellent performance mostly on road soccer mom SUV, there are better choices on the market... I recommend the Toyota 4 Runner... the FJ is for those wise adventurers who want a vehicle that can pass a Jeep, Explorer or Expedition, Chevy, or Hummer H3 that has wiped out on similar bad road conditions. I can always be counted on to get to work under any circumstance, and I can always be counted on to be having fun on my time off... on the challenging off-road trails of the Rocky Mountains. Be a wise consumer and don't overpay at the dealership for this much in demand vehicle. This vehicle is often on a waiting list... consider the 4x4 model that is available in the showroom. Jerry

Excellent SUV

by Doc from MPLS.,Mn. on Fri May 25 2012

Great offroad and is still a rare sight to most lookers. One solid SUV. Lots of after market items to make this rare SUV even more one of a kind.

Go Anywhere, Do Anything, Fun

by WV FJ Owner from Charleston, WV on Tue Oct 11 2011

You can't go wrong buying an FJ. Just don't enter Top Truck Challenge and you'll be OK. After 77,000 miles, we honestly don't know if we'll ever trade our FJ, it's so great at everything, and has more character than anything else on the road.

Reliving my high school days!

by Scooby1 from Denver, CO on Sun Jun 08 2014

I bought a 2007 FJ with 50K miles and it is the best car choice I have made in years. I had a 1970 FJ40 when I was in high school. I did lots of 4 wheeling in that cruiser - friends with Jeeps an Broncos were always skeptical of it until they saw it off-roading where it typically out performed the others. When Toyota came back with this model as a tribute to the FJ I just had to have one. For those of us who "know" Toyota designers have incorporated design elements from the original FJ that are very subtle but clever and effective. This vehicle is so much fun to drive. It is solid and comfortable. Off road performance is second to none. Thanks Toyota for the opportunity to relive my youth while at the same time having a reliable and safe vehicle to transport my family in!!

Perfect for me!

by EllyMay from Oklahoma on Wed Sep 07 2011

I wanted one of these since they first came out, especially in the Voodoo blue that is so eyecatching. It certainly fits my personality perfectly. Finally got one a few months back and am really enjoying it. It is just the right size to be easy to park, but roomy in back for carrying groceries, luggage, horse feed etc. The rubber flooring is great for families with kids and animals. The white roof helps keep it cooler inside on hot days. Can fill it up with gas for $50 instead of the $80 it took to fill my Avalanche. Sits up high for a feeling of security and a good vantage point to see out and around. Under the hood everything is labeled to be easy to check fluids etc. The only negatives at all : there is a pretty large blind spot on the sides right behind the back seats when backing out and cars are coming in from the sides, and it's a bit of a bumpy ride which is no problem unless you've got a very sensitive passenger. Overall, I love it!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12